MRA Woburn Sunday Action Matches Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
The MRA Action shooting Matches on Sundays, (falling steel and Rifle/pins) have been cancelled until further notice.
I want to thank all who have participated and helped with these matches. It has been fun, and I have met some great people over the years!
See you on the range.......somewhere.......

Thanks! It has always been my pleasure, and I look forward to many years shooting with the people I have met thru this, just somewhere else.

Rick-

I want to say thanks for running the matches as well!

I, too, have enjoyed all the years of matches at MRA. I give credit to those matches and all the guys I've met by going to them for getting me hooked on the action shooting sports, teaching me how to shoot, and how to handle guns safely. I am going to miss the regular winter gatherings on Sundays...

Where are we going to do it next?!?! That is the question. [wink]

Yes Rich, thanks for running these matches for so long. They're a lot of work!

Here's hoping we get the matches up and running again soon [mg]

I've been to quite a few of these matches had a great time, met a bunch of awesome people and learned alot. Thanks for all your time and hope they start up again soon.

Thanks Eric for the kind words. Should/when MRA starts up, I wish them well.

Last edited:
Just heard a couple/few of the action shooters who were on the MRA shooting committee and have done a ton of work over the years to keep the program up and running were let go... Or should I say not appointed to the current Action Shooting Committee.
I also heard they appointed someone who has not been active in the Action Shooting events as the Chair person... what the hell is going on at MRA ? Are they trying to kill a program that has introduced many (including myself) to this sport? ... Sad..

It's is a tremendous amount of work and commitment and understand completely why he can't do it anymore. If it were easy there would be plenty of folk stepping up to run it but it's not. I too have made numerous friends through these events that hopefully last a lifetime. I would look forward to seeing them and getting advise on improving in this sport. Rich thanks for running them for so long I hope MRA will somehow continue to introduce the different disciplines including action shooting so that this sport brings in new blood so it can stay alive. Sorry for the rant I know the effort Rich has made and didn't want it to go unappreciated . Plus I'm bummed too:)

Thanks scooter! I d0 appreciate the thanks and people like yourself that I have met through the years....

I heard a little more on this today... Two MRA BOD Directors that actually shoot and were on Action Shooting Committee missed Monday's BOD meeting when the decision was made to remove them... How spineless or should I say Convenient..

Sorry to vent here.. MRA "was" a great club when I first joined - I meet a lot of great people.
I was very PRO MRA and was even on the Board for a few+ years.
Really disappointed to see it's decline...

The story you heard is not true. One BOD member was there and left early, but well after the committee assignments. The other BOD member was not there but let the president and others know he would be absent well in advance and he step down from the committee on his own (not forced or anything like that). The committee assignments were made based on the MRA bylaws and were scheduled well in advance of the meeting. I am sorry you feel MRA has declined, but it has not.

JerryW,
If you are going to try to tell everybody that everything was on the up and up, get your facts straight. The committee assignments were not in accordance with the bylaws. The fact remains, that every active action shooter was ommitted from the committee, and the "new" committee was not posted or scheduled as you suggest. In fact, the long standing committee chair (myself) made recommendations, as have been done for 20 plus years, which were completely ignored by the board and it's president. Nice try at the misdirection though. The devil is in the details.

I also want to thank Dave Q, Jeff B, Ed M, Matt L, Sean O, Steve B, Joe D, and the many others throughout the years that have made this happen!

Let's all raise a glass of your favorite beverage, in true Irish wake fashion, for the demise of Action Shooting at Mass Rifle.
It was great fun while it lasted and will surely be missed by those that participated.
May I add my heartfelt thanks to all who had a hand in making this happen.

Wish I new about this. I live so close and been wanting to join that club and do these types of event.

I shoot there with a member a lot on the 50 yard range? Allways saw the pins and wanted to know when they did those shoots :(....

Man WTH. [sad2]
So bummed reading this but it doesn't really surprise me. I remember the snickers and off comments from the " upper echelon " years back. I'll always remember all the great guys I meet down there that got me into shooting. Good times. Shit remember doing little 3 gun matches, ICORE, Man on man?
Thanks Rich, Ed, Jeff, John, Zeke, Dave's, Paul and all the rest.

Soooooo..... What are they going to do with all the equip? Clean out that space and install a cappuccino station?

Great memories saltydude! I do remember those matches. At that time we were running 8 or more matches a month, every Monday night and Sunday afternoons....

The hokey range commands for the old bowling pin matches... I still hear them in my sleep.
Timers ready, guns on the rail, shooters ready..... BEEP

The timer was always ready and there was never any rail to put the gun on. LOL
I also loved the ICORE matches, postal ICORE matches, and mini 3 gun when I first started shooting. Damn, I used to use a Beretta 92 Centurion and an SKS for those 3-Gun matches. My my how times have changed!

I still have guns built for bowling pins. Sold most, but still have a few in the safe. Remember the days of 210-215 power factor? Now thats major?

Wow, this is all so sad to hear. One of the things I really missed when moving to Seattle was MRA but it sounds like it's really turning into the kind of place I wouldn't want to be. I hope this mess can get turned around [thinking]

Bummer! I have not been to one of these in years (Long Drive), but it was fun and good people there.

Really bummed that was the main reason I joined there its an hour ride each way for me and I learned quite a bit from you guys. Thanks again Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom