MRA Woburn Sunday Action Matches Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladyclay,

IIRC, Massman has been awarded the President's Award at least once, if not twice, already. Any member can recommend another member for an award and then present their case for it. Massman and your husband give you two votes toward anyone you want. All you have to do is convince seven more board members out of fifteen and that person will get the award. Apparently whoever is handling that for the action shooters has failed to do that. My answer, make a better case next time.

As for the president giving himself an award I'd like to know where you got this information because it's flat out wrong. That award was given to him by the board and he was unaware of it until it was presented despite whatever conspiracy theory you choose to believe in. As for the rest, as was said before, all awards are voted on by the board. Obviously a majority of the board felt differently.

PMD,

Yes, you probably should have stayed out of it because most of your information is wrong. I don't know who's telling you this stuff but they aren't telling you all of it, that's for certain. Earlier you said you heard the new committee chair is someone that's not active in action shooting. I'll bet they didn't tell you that they're a classified and active IDPA shooter did they? I'll bet they also didn't tell you that this person used to shoot pins, plates, and steel with you a number of years ago.

You make claims that directors are running their own training programs for profit on MRA ranges. Do you have any proof, or are you just relying on what the person that already gave you bad information told you?

I really can't understand how you judge a club by the number of competitive shooters it has. But if that's how you feel that by all means, don't renew your membership. Go find a club that better suits you. MRA and it's 2300 remaining members will be just fine.

Charliet,

I don't see facts. I see accusations that I haven't seen any evidence to support yet.

Why are they there if they don't shoot all the time. Maybe because some use to shoot often but got involved with the office and have been there ever since. Maybe some just want to do something to help out with the club. We have a couple of people that don't shoot but dedicate hours and hours of their time helping out in the office, and they're not even on the board.

You make accusations of people running private training classes for profit but there doesn't seem to be any proof. Just lots of accusations and speculation. If it's found out someone is doing that they will be punished in accordance with the bylaws. Simple as that. So far nobody has been found to be guilty of doing this so if there's proof let's see it. And rather than people commiserating behind the scenes for six moths, if they see something suspect report it right away.

And I don't know what you're talking about with class attendance, our classes have been full with the exception of last minute cancellations for the past four years. Most times they are booked 2-3 months in advance just like when you were involved. This is just like with PMD, I don't know who's giving you guys your information but they're either giving you only part of the story or their just not telling you the truth. What their agenda is I can only guess.

When you're speaking to me and you say something like this, "Further, IMHO, your opinions of shooting can come into question, when was the last time you actually did it." I get the impression you're questioning me personally. If that was not your intent then I apologize. As for not looking down on other shooters I think you need to reread what your post. When you refer to competitive shooters as "true shooters" it implies that everyone else is not. It implies that they're something less than a "true shooter". The way your statement about MRA read it sounds like only members that are competitive shooters are real shooters and therefore by extension everybody else is just a blaster to be looked down on. That's what I meant about you insulting the entire club. That may not have been your intent but it was still the end result

Massman,

Well, if it's a mystery to you don't you think the prudent action is to solve that mystery? I mean if you're not wiling to budge then I can't see how this will end any other way than badly. And as for being elected to question the board, I don't remember that being on the ballot so I don't know where you're getting that from.

You say you've seen board members run off because they had differing opinions. Could it be that they left of their own accord because they didn't like it when they failed to convince the rest of the board and didn't like not getting their way? You know as well as I do that the board very rarely agrees on anything by much more than a simple majority. Maybe some people couldn't handle that. There's a reason why I refer to joining the board as " running away with the circus".

Dragon2115,
Again with the spin, it is getting old. I know you think you know what's going on, but alas, you have no clue.
Until your wife ran for the board, we rarely saw you or her. Compromise on what? Why would that be solely up to me?
I don't remember saying I was elected to question the board , rather to ask questions concerning proposals that come before the board.
As far as my statement about running respected members off, I will stand by my comment. You continue to try to paint people as complaining, but I have seen nothing but the truth. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last edited:
PMD,
Earlier you said you heard the new committee chair is someone that's not active in action shooting. I'll bet they didn't tell you that they're a classified and active IDPA shooter did they? I'll bet they also didn't tell you that this person used to shoot pins, plates, and steel with you a number of years ago..

Really. I have been running and competing in matches at MRA for at least 10 years. Never saw you or your wife more than once. Is that active?
Why not put on two individuals that have, and continued to run action matches?
Again, spin and bs. You are not clarifying the issue, only trying to cloud it.

Dragon2115,
More than a few people have made connections and observations here. Everyone must by either lying or misrepresenting the truth, right?
Are you now the official MRA press secretary?
Your mentioned in one post about awards I have received.Not sure why it is rrelevant, but yes, I do have mire than a few. Some hold significant meaning to me, some don't. But, in the end, the awards and $2.00 will get me a cup of Joe.

Dragon2115,
Proof is usually irrelevant, when you have the majority. Hey, that's life.
Harrassment is not cool. The threat of retaliation is not cool. Ignorance of the truth, well that's still ignorance.

Mods,
I think most of this thread should be moved to the Mass Rifle Association thread. It has definitely veered off the original topic...IMO

Wow. I can definitely see why the board has a problem with you. Good luck with that.

And just to give you a clue, the reason you don't see us shooting action matches at MRA is because we shoot IDPA elsewhere. Apparently we must know a thing or two or they wouldn't have invited us to join their staff. Oh and btw, we were hitting our share of steel and pins on the Loeb range right around the time you joined. Then we got tired of it and moved on to something else. So as they say, been there done that, still go the t-shirt.

Ouch.....that hurts :)
I have seen people come and go over the years.
Life has a funny way of getting in the way.
See you Sunday at the MRA. I'll be the tall guy, still helping out in the office. Maybe I'll shoot some 5 stand also....

Last edited:
Am I I the official spokesman for MRA?

Absolutely not. I'm just a club member that disappointed and pissed off because some current and former club officials feel it necessary to come on an public forum and openly speak negatively about the club. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you font like the club, leave. Find a club that matches what you're looking for and be happy. Lisa and I belong to three different clubs because we like what each one offers in one aspect and dislike each of them for how they do things in some other aspect. Rather than pissing in everybody's Cheerios find a place you like for whatever activity you like and enjoy the hell out if it.

PMD,

Yes, you probably should have stayed out of it because most of your information is wrong. I don't know who's telling you this stuff but they aren't telling you all of it, that's for certain. Earlier you said you heard the new committee chair is someone that's not active in action shooting. I'll bet they didn't tell you that they're a classified and active IDPA shooter did they? I'll bet they also didn't tell you that this person used to shoot pins, plates, and steel with you a number of years ago.

You make claims that directors are running their own training programs for profit on MRA ranges. Do you have any proof, or are you just relying on what the person that already gave you bad information told you?

I really can't understand how you judge a club by the number of competitive shooters it has. But if that's how you feel that by all means, don't renew your membership. Go find a club that better suits you. MRA and it's 2300 remaining members will be just fine.

Jim,
Wow you have balls - who the hell do you think you are telling me I am wrong?
And when did you get so involved in the Club that you know everything?

As I noted I knew someone would twist my words.

In an earlier post you I did write:

..I also heard they appointed someone who has not been active in the Action Shooting events as the Chair person...

And yes I was referring to Lisa - I am well aware that she is involved in IDPA - she actually told me that a while back.
To the best of my knowledge she has not been active in the MRA Action Shooting events (which I was referring to).
I was a little shocked to hear that she was appointed when I knew other active members were recommended by the current out going Chair person.

As far as personal training at MRA - It's been common knowledge around MRA for some time that people are have been Instructing there.

As far as "judging" the club (there you go twisting my words again) - I clearly was referring to Directors and not the membership in response to what Charlie wrote:

..The board is mostly made up of instructors (they don't really shoot, some don't even own guns)...

My reply:
..While I was on the Board many of the BOD members appeared to be not "true shooters" or should I say not "Competitive Shooters" (actually practicing and shooting local and major matches).

I don't see anything written above that judges the Club or it's Members.

Jim - you obviously appear to be quite passionate about what's happening at MRA - maybe you could direct that energy towards helping Lisa with the Action shooting program.

Paul,

I don't take it lightly when current and former board members, you know leaders of the club" go online and attack the very thing they ran/run. For one thing, it's not professional. For another I'm guessing it's against the bylaws of most clubs for current board members to engage in it. And for former bod members it's just bad form.

If you know it's Lisa and you know she's an active shooter then why don't you cut her some slack and see how she does. And if you,really want to see the action shooting at the club flourish you could offer to serve on the committee and offer input rather than going on line and undercutting her. Yeah I get pissed when I see someone do that to my wife. Would you expect otherwise?

If this training thing is such a well known secret agin it's against the rules why doesn't anybody file any complaints so the board can investigate them? There is a process for this type if thing, just as if someone is seen doing something unsafe. You fill out a form and the board checks the cameras and investigates. They can't investigate rumor. If you know of a particular incident please, turn it in. As an instructor for the club I don't like it when my integrity, by extension of being an instructor, comes into question over rumor and conjecture.

You wrote that you felt the club was in decline because most of the competitive shooters had left. That sounds like rating a club (any club) by the percentage of competitive shooters it has.

Paul, I have been helping out with the action shooting. I filled in last minute when Massman and two of his friends couldn't make it for the fun shoot and ran the line. Lisa had to travel for business so I filled in and at the pin match on Sunday running the line with Ronnie. I also volunteer for the women's fun shoot as well. So don't worry I do my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom