moving to Cambridge

Hi all! New to the Forums. I'm moving from Quincy to Cambridge. I have 2 questions.
1)My LTC Class A, Restr. Sport/hunting expires in 2012. Can i renew it early before moving to Cambridge and upgrade? I know a officer there and the changing of the new Chief at Quincy gives me a greater chance for LTC ALP.

2)I've heard nightmares about Gun Ownership in Cambridge. Can anyone here give me some personnel experiences/Rules dealing with it there(not too bad i hope). I originally got my LTC in Brookline and it's considered one of the strictest towns but still got a Class A on the first try.
Thanks for everyone's help.

I have heard tales of cambridge giving out ALPs on occasion to people, including some around here. I would call them and ask, can never hurt.

Quincy should hook you up though.

the town that issued it can upgrade it at their discretion, otherwise you'd have to reapply.

if it wasn't through the original dept wouldn't it be a renewal, and the issue at hand if the new dept would renew the license mid term for the purpose of "upgrading" the license?

Yes. But they'd have to get the other PD to expire the license early. Either way, the procedure is the same.

Yes. But they'd have to get the other PD to expire the license early. Either way, the procedure is the same.

So wait, can my CURRENT PD expire my LTC restr. early and give me a new LTC ALP with the new start date of 2009?
I'm assuming when i renew in Cambridge it might get knocked back down to Restrictions. It'll at least give me 3 more extra years(current LTC expire 2012) of not having to deal with Cambridge PD.

I also recently moved to Cambridge. I've never held a permit in Massachusetts, and will be applying for an Class A LTC ALP. Does anybody on this thread have any advice?

Out of curiosity why didn't you re-apply for an LTC w/ no restrictions as soon as you moved to Quincy?

You might be able to get recent data on what kind of restrictions are being handed out from the Comm2A licensing survey (email: [email protected]). Apparently Cambridge may be giving ALP on renewals now, so this might be your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom