Motorcycle traffic violation - Cop pulls out gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been pulled over once on my bike, and that was because my registration sticker had fallen off at some point. I shut down, got off the bike, and removed my helmet.

No drama, the cop didn't say a word, and sent me on my way when I showed him my current registration.

I should have added that my LEO friends are in Springfield, Holyoke, and Hartford, so guns or drugs (or both) are often involved. That might influence how they handle their stops.

I should have added that my LEO friends are in Springfield, Holyoke, and Hartford, so guns or drugs (or both) are often involved. That might influence how they handle their stops.

Probably. I would assume the way you're dressed or look has something to do with it as well. Regardless, I have no problem with helping a cop feel more comfortable in a stop, but not to the point where I'm tossing keys on the ground.

I have posted this before..... this is a legit shoot.....a single video sometimes does not tell the whole story......

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that the armchair quarterback academy just graduated a new class............[laugh]

I'll armchair quarterback public servants any day.

Are you implying that the biker had a firearm, or are you just making up any scenario that might make the thin blue line a little thicker?

He was "definitely hauling some ass"? Seriously? He passed a friggin' bus at no more than +5....

Look again, he was on 1 wheel going by that bus. I guarantee he hit at least 90 in the vid. Although 90 is cruising speed for most sportbikes.[smile]

looks like a cruiser was behind the rider already... so my guess is that he might have been acting like a jackass.

Police will treat you differently on a motorcycle when you get pulled over. I always throw my keys over my shoulder towards the cruiser when I get pulled over on my bike. Pull out the keys, jangle them in the air till they make eye contact through your mirror, and then toss them. It helps give the LEO a sense of security that you won't tear off like a bat out of hell. And it shows that you're considerate of them when they're at their job.

Throw the keys on the ground? I don't think so I might get dirt on my chrome. [wink] [laugh]

Watch from 30 to 40 seconds in. He hangs a wheelie by the bus and definitely tops out over 100mph. Watch the dotted lines, they start going by a lot faster than when he is staying with traffic. And he shifts 2 or 3 times. You don't shift that many times on a rice bike while on the gas and stay at 70. Then you can see him get on the binders hard, as the lines slow down again. He was being an idiot and got treated as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its clear that the rider was doing 100+ on that wheelie. Its clear he was riding like a jackass. Still absolutely no reason for him to draw his gun at that point. (Watch the draw again, he is 80% pointing at the rider before he drops it to the ground)

(Watch the draw again, he is 80% pointing at the rider before he drops it to the ground)

I watched it 6 times, the muzzle is never pointed at the rider. And remember, in the eyes of the law he just endangered the lives of everyone on the road. The LEO was ensuring a danger to public safety didn't try to evade.

I wish everyone would give the cop a break. The guy is doing his job and protecting the public. Who knows if the rider isn't wanted for murder or another dangerous crime, granted he probably isn't. I would rather see the cop pull his gun and live, then die serving to protect us. Put yourself in his shoes. He does a dangerous job for mediocre pay, and wants to go home to his family just like anybody else.

Ever been pulled over on the Jersey Pike? The Cops come to your car with a shotgun in hand. I'm unsure if that is still policy, but it was when my family went to Tennessee.

Watch the whole vid, when he drops back from the cars for a second then catches up, he is on the back tire. I am sure that's why he was getting pulled over.
The undercover guy has a hard on to use his gun I think. He could have just used his badge vs the gun. The bike was already pulled over stopping. If he was going to run he would have been going much faster.

My question is the guy "undercover" or off duty and getting involved with a speeding traffic stop. If he is off duty is it normal procedure for off duty to get directly involved in traffic stops?

Although he didn't point the pistol at him, from the looks of it the officer in plain clothes did not need to actually draw.

The cyclist had stopped when he saw the lights...did you see how close the gray car pulled up next to him? I would have backed up too just to provide space.

Last edited:
Police will treat you differently on a motorcycle when you get pulled over. I always throw my keys over my shoulder towards the cruiser when I get pulled over on my bike. Pull out the keys, jangle them in the air till they make eye contact through your mirror, and then toss them. It helps give the LEO a sense of security that you won't tear off like a bat out of hell. And it shows that you're considerate of them when they're at their job.

Are you serious? You're getting pulled over for a traffic violation, not having your door busted in by the Gestapo.

Are you serious? You're getting pulled over for a traffic violation, not having your door busted in by the Gestapo.

Maybe he's talking about the procedure you use when you get caught going 100+ mph.... lol...

-Mike

I'm willing to bet that a good number of the motor vehicle stops involving NES'ers involve firearms. [laugh]

It's not the quantity, its the quality. [laugh]

The kryptonite in badges helps not only with rust prevention, but also with asserting authority on felony stops.

Are you implying that the biker had a firearm, or are you just making up any scenario that might make the thin blue line a little thicker?

Are you implying that the biker needs a firearm to be a lethal threat?

My question is the guy "undercover" or off duty and getting involved with a speeding traffic stop.
I think the unmarked car was just passing the bus on the left when Ghost Rider came out flying out from the right side of the bus.Makes me wonder how dude ended up between the cruiser who obviously was right close behind him the whole time on the highway and the unmarked in front. I wonder if they were looking for him.....or he just picked about the worst place he possibly could have to give it to her.

Are you implying that the biker needs a firearm to be a lethal threat?

Listen. I understand you take your role as police apologist seriously, but are you seriously suggesting that every time an LEO confronts someone with the potential to be a lethal threat they should draw down? If so, they should just wake up in the morning and duct tape their firearm to their hand, since they'll need it out all day.

A lot of people on here seem to be very naive to a police officer's duties and to what risks they take everyday. "He should have...." and critiquing how he made the stop is ignorant. You are right that we don't know the whole story and that is that. But it is pretty clear from the second video in this thread that the biker has a clear disregard for anyone else's safety. If you were a police officer and had an idiot like that with a bike pointed at you, maybe you would consider pulling your firearm. The bike itself could be a dangerous weapon. And it looks to me like he is driving an unmarked, which most likely has lights in the grille or front window, so I am sure this biker, who some of you think was minding his business just riding, knew what was coming. Don't be so ignorant thinking you know what should be done sitting behind your computer desk. When it comes to leaving work and going home to your family or facing possible injury or death, guess what...I have no problem with a police officer doing what he feels necessary to protect himself. There is no way to second guess anyone without being in there shoes and knowing all the circumstances. Sure speeding is a traffic offense and warrants a citation, but at a certain point it becomes an arrestable offense. On the second video you see the bike doing wheels and weaving through traffic. Do you think that is safe, do you think it is legal? Smarten up.

More of you guys here do understand the risks that a police officer faces and the fact that there are these idiots on bikes (not all bikers) out on the road risking their lives and anyone else on the roads life. This is a new thing with these cameras on bikes, check youtube and google it. Take a ride on any major highway during the summer and you will see a couple of these morons blow by you doing 90-100 easy.

. . . I always throw my keys over my shoulder towards the cruiser when I get pulled over on my bike. Pull out the keys, jangle them in the air till they make eye contact through your mirror, and then toss them. . . .

I know you've already been smacked around a little on that comment, but as I re-read it yet again in someone's comment it occurred to me that taking something and throwing it, especially toward the officer, might be a good way to get shot...

At the very least you might cause them to think you were trying to get rid of contraband.

It's just a thought. YMMV. Tossing keys on the ground is a bit too submissive for me. The LEO has the authority to enforce law and order, but it doesn't make him my "master".

(Now if it's a lady officer and she is smokin' hot, we can talk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom