• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg Shockwave

That thing is a 20 gauge? Way inferior to my 12 gauge TPDW... Toilet Paper Defense Weapon!
No, that thing is a semi in 12ga. (not mine, BTW)
I was joking about the 20ga. As far as I know the HE and WP only come in 40mm... [rofl2]

As others have said, this is the way.
Email Mossberg with the serial number and they will confirm the receiver started life as a Shockwave, and was never a shotgun.

Dont compare a shockwave to a stocked shotgun, compare it to a pistol.

Its chief law enforcement. U have to enter their name and department. Three pages of your application need to be sent to your local chief.

Its chief law enforcement. U have to enter their name and department. Three pages of your application need to be sent to your local chief.
It was the electronic form on the ATF website. There was no provision Or any mention of what 3 pages or when I was supposed to get info so I just stopped there. I was going to go by the local police station and simply ask about it but didn’t quite know how to approach that situation.

After the form is complete you will have a pdf of your application. On three of the pages it will say CLEO on the bottom in red. That is what you need to give to your Chief. I would mail it, PDs are not letting people inside.

After the form is complete you will have a pdf of your application. On three of the pages it will say CLEO on the bottom in red. That is what you need to give to your Chief. I would mail it, PDs are not letting people inside.
Thanks for the great info, I was under the impression that I had to go there in person and get that information. I’ll go try and finish up my form now. Also got to order the print cards and get those in too.

I was under the impression you could form 1 a shockwave 14 into a sbs in Massachusetts but my paperwork was denied today. Any suggestions?

Would it be legal to put a raptor grip on an 18.5" mossberg that was original purchased with a standard stock? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but in this state you never know.

I was under the impression you could form 1 a shockwave 14 into a sbs in Massachusetts but my paperwork was denied today. Any suggestions?

I've scoured over the thread a couple times and would like to know, whats the reasoning for trying to SBS a 14" shockwave ?

If you can find a 14.5” one purchased in state before the ban you can probably pop a pistol grip with stock on it no problem, but I only specialize in Bird Law.

If you can find a 14.5” one purchased in state before the ban you can probably pop a pistol grip with stock on it no problem, but I only specialize in Bird Law.
Don't think so. When I got my Shockwave, Mossberg included the ATF letter, and specifically stated that NO modification could be made to the birdshead grip.

I've been going back and forth for no less than a year between wanting to pick up a shockwave (I actually like the "Night Stick" better) and thinking it's totally ridiculous.

I'll eventually lose the battle.

For what it's worth the reason for the denial was per state law a sbs can not be manufactured on a form 1.

Back
Top Bottom