• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg JIC 500 As SHTF Shotgun

Looking for opinions on the Mossberg JIC500 Cruiser package as SHTF shotgun, as well as PRE-SHTF home defense shotgun.
TIA
Irag8er

I like them. I have a 500 and i love it, i bought a 20ga matching gun for my father last year. I personally think that the mossberg pump series of shotguns, are the best out there. They are solid, gread performing, attractive guns, with an unbelievably affordable pricetag. I have competed in trap for the last 9 years, and skeet for the last 3, and i have shot quite a few of my competitors guns that have cost them from $800-$1200 high end and imported specialty guns, and i honestly never have been disapointed when i switched back to my 500.

so............

I personally belive that any of the 500 series pump guns would be my #1 shotgun choice for a SHTF situation

I am not a fan of shotguns with just a pistol grip. Add a buttler creek side folder and a side saddle shell holder and your in business. Also If you get the 500 with a 20 inch bbl you can add 3 rounds as well.

If you go with the 500 series Mossberg, you do not have to buy the JIC package. My recommendation is a M590A1. You can always use a 155MM Howitzer shipping tube to pack the shotgun inside along with 150+ rounds of 12GA. Drill two holes on the outside of the canisters rails and attach a surplus load sling. Now you have both a waterproof storage canister, but also a easy way to carry your ammo in a SHTF situation.

If you go with the 500 series Mossberg, you do not have to buy the JIC package. My recommendation is a M590A1. You can always use a 155MM Howitzer shipping tube to pack the shotgun inside along with 150+ rounds of 12GA. Drill two holes on the outside of the canisters rails and attach a surplus load sling. Now you have both a waterproof storage canister, but also a easy way to carry your ammo in a SHTF situation.

Now THAT's a plan...[cheers]

In case you go for the JIC, I thought I'd let you know that there's room in the tube for a side or under folder, more survival supplies and ammo, (I don't have one, but I checked). I like Bill's idea much better though...[wink]

Jesus, Bill. I thought we kept you around just for your good looks, but WOW! That's great idea. Thanks!

I wanna say the Gun Room In Shrewsburry Ma had a 590 last time I was in there.

Thanks for all your reply's. I happened to be on the North Shore this past week and stopped into Four Seasons. Well, needless to say, Merry Christmas to me, a new JIC. Hey, that rhymes. Oh well anyways, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but will update as soon as I do. Again thanks for your time and thoughts.

Thanks for all your reply's. I happened to be on the North Shore this past week and stopped into Four Seasons. Well, needless to say, Merry Christmas to me, a new JIC. Hey, that rhymes. Oh well anyways, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but will update as soon as I do. Again thanks for your time and thoughts.

I think we deserve pics!

This coming from a guy that makes salad with his shotgun! Go figure.....[smile]

Back
Top Bottom