• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Use a .50 cal ammo can as a...

Ah! One with a toilet seat and lid!
I was thinking of a couple of 2x3" stud blocks, with a couple of shallow table saw rips to fit on can sides, and cut down lengthwise to fit in the box when carried.

Lol. "Groovers"...

i saw sootch00 mention this in one of this videos. At first I dismissed it, but then again, if you just line it with a plastic bag, you're good to go.

I've got one of those camping toilet seats you put on a 5-gallon bucket, well worth the $12 or so, and line the bucket with a couple of those soon-to-be outlawed plastic shopping bags. It's been helpful to get my wife to agree to go tent camping. I use my ammo cans for ammo, never thought of using one for a crapper? But sometimes you gotta doo what you gotta doo...

No, not a porta pottie, but an army buddy and I once cooked a hell of a good armadillo stew in one out in the field. Got some carrots, onions and potatoes from the mess sergeant, removed the gasket and burned off the paint on the fire, cooled the can down and replaced the gasket.
Punched a hole in the top of one side with a nail and used it like pressure cooker. It was delicious!!

I wonder what would happen if I left a "loaded" can in the August midday sun on Commonwealth Ave???...

I wonder what would happen if I left a "loaded" can in the August midday sun on Commonwealth Ave???...
This happens with 5 gal buckets on jobsites when the port a John hasn't been delivered, cleaned, or is too far away for the lazy sheetrock crew.
"this bucket doesn't feel empty"
NEVER OPEN A PARTIAL BUCKET OF COMPOUND!!

iu

When I was younger, I could have used a .30CAL can...

they'd check it for DNA with your 23&me profile and arrest you for having a high cap shit box

When I was younger, I could have used a .30CAL can...

put the 30 cal on top of the 50 cal and make your own outside upper decker

... an army buddy and I once cooked a hell of a good armadillo stew in one out in the field. Got some carrots, onions and potatoes from the mess sergeant, removed the gasket and burned off the paint on the fire, cooled the can down and replaced the gasket.
Punched a hole in the top of one side with a nail and used it like pressure cooker. It was delicious!!
Just kidding -
they all have leprosy.

Back
Top Bottom