Mosin M44 Availability

K98

Where have the prices been on M44's, and which do you prefer, M44 vs 91/30? I see that some have just become available.
[wink]

There's one in the classifieds. I think I saw them for $200 online recently. I have a 91/30, and I want an M44!

I saw 1 Hungarian go for $130. I just paid $155 for mine. Stock is rough. It's a bit of a mismatch. But all parts are 02.
Your basic Izzy round rec have been around $200-275.

M44s are lots of fun especially at twilight when the fireball it produces is really impressive!

All the normal places seem to have them..... the B grades are the cheapest.
I have not seen any in local gun shops for less than 275.00

All the normal places seem to have them..... the B grades are the cheapest.
I have not seen any in local gun shops for less than 275.00

The day's of getting an M44 for $100 is long gone. The real cheap ones are most likely Chinese T53s and not real M44s. I saw a few at the Wilmington show for $350. Really nice shape.

I just discovered the mosin recently.....have a 91-30 and it is fun as hell. I DEFINATELY WANT A M44 now! hell even the 91-30s are going for $130 - $150 if they are still in cosmo.

Collectors Arms and Ammo in New Hampshire probably has the fullest racks around, if you are looking for selection. I can't speak to price, I did not pay particular attention since I'm not looking to grow my Mosin collection.

Collectors Arms and Ammo in New Hampshire probably has the fullest racks around, if you are looking for selection. I can't speak to price, I did not pay particular attention since I'm not looking to grow my Mosin collection.

This. I bought my M44 from Collectable Arms for $279.99 back in September and I'm pretty sure that's what they're still charging when I was there last week. I think it's a great deal since you can pick which one you want from their rack. Also all of their mosins have been cleaned of cosmoline which adds value to me since I don't need to spend time cleaning it myself (call me lazy). There was a little bit of cosmoline on the bolt but that was easily wiped off.

I see they are available for $209, (Russian version). 3 91/30's already in my collection, adding one of these should cap my Russian interest. :)

My LGS has both an M44 and an M38 for $250 each and in nice shape. If I remember right, neither one is matching.

I think my "Russian Interest" is now capped. Just ordered one. Now back to 8mm Mauser's.

Also, with the marlboro show coming up, is it worth waiting for to purchase ammo, or should I just bite the bullet and go to one of the local shops?

Ok, so I have no interest in Mosins, and don't know the first thing about them, but...
Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH had a couple of M44's (with the fold back bayos) and them long ones (91/30's?) for $144.
Both covered in cosmoline.

~Just sayin.
Matt
He's been opening up a crate or two of them a week.......hes got a good line in some decent ones too

I never had much interest in Mosins until I discovered the Finnish M39... now I have two... a Sako and a VKT.

My uncle and great uncle were in the Winter War and the Continuation War. I sometimes wonder if they used one of these.

By the way, today is the anniversary of the Winter War.

My uncle and great uncle were in the Winter War and the Continuation War. I sometimes wonder if they used one of these.

My Dad was 8 years old when the war started but he said he remembers that it was a big deal.
They still had lots of friends and family back home.

Shoot one and you'll be hooked

This^

My recent purchase of one was because it was to be an inexpensive project with my son and more affordable "bIg bore" gun to shoot at the range with him (my M1 is fun to shoot but puts quite a dent in the wallet at the range). I kind of figured it would take some getting used to.....as I have heard they are not well made, not accurate, and a pia to operate. To my surprise the one I picked out was not counterbored and shoots only a tad right at 75 yards.......I will fix that next range trip. When I shot it for the first time it was amazing to feel what the Russian soldier went through with that rifle....and managed to come out on top using that simple design!

They are actually well made.....and.......they blow the living hell out of soda bottles at 50 yards! For a quarter of the cost of 30-06 ammo through my M1!!!!! Can't beat that. now I want an M44......so me and the boy can shoot side by side!

I dunno. I would have to add another caliber and am resisting with all my might. [smile]

From your avatar and screen name I think you are an M1 guy! I have an M1 and now a mosin.........mosins are addictive! Owing and shooting one will make you appreciate Mr. Garand's design even more!!!!!!! And the 7.62X54r is a bargain compared to 30-06

There's a good chance they did carry the M39. Yes, today marks the end of the Winter War. It's interesting the changes the Finns made to the Mosin design. They didn't leave much alone.

Warming...

Shooters in Hookset them all the time still in cosmo with the full package for $150......2 ammo pouches, oil can, tool kit, sling and bayonet. Hell I'd buy a cabbage patch doll if it came with a bayonet!!!!!

How is that for warming? Getting hotter?

Back
Top Bottom