More Violence in Dorchester

kind of makes you wonder why these individuals are so hung up on race if they say there not racist toward non blacks. when will these individuals understand that nothing is free and welfare money comes from hard working people.. in my eyes welfare and universal health care are no better then stealing.

Last edited:
Most of the comments on there make me sick. "These kids don't have a chance because of where they live." It should read "These kids don't have a chance because of the shitheads that gave birth to them". Just because these people may be minorities, doesn't give them a free pass on personal responsibility.

Either way, my condolences to all the families involved.

kind of makes you wonder why these individuals are so hung up on race if they say there not racist toward non blacks. when will these individuals understand that nothing is free and welfare money comes from hard working people.. in my eyes welfare and universal health care are no better then stealing.

Well the good thing is whenever someone like that bitches about "the man" they can badger off. Because now "the man", or atleast it's leader, is a black man.

HOLY SHIT I AM SPEECHLESS

by keephopealive
"The solution to this will be a Federal presence in the City, Obama should deploy Federal Agents to confiscate guns, and close gun factories. Impose a tax on gasoline and internet use to help with the health care for these kids so they can grow up in a safe and healthy environment free from the violence allowed to befall them from eight years of a racist conservative system that repressed their cultural growth, and increase sales and property taxes to create a new Federal Gun Unit to confidcate all handguns except for those in the police and military. we can then funnel money into these neighborhoods to stimulate a recovery of our country's most valuable resources these inner city kids who have been led to lose their way. Money spent in affluent areas needs to be redistributed to give these kids a chance."

HOLY SHIT I AM SPEECHLESS

by keephopealive
"The solution to this will be a Federal presence in the City, Obama should deploy Federal Agents to confiscate guns, and close gun factories. Impose a tax on gasoline and internet use to help with the health care for these kids so they can grow up in a safe and healthy environment free from the violence allowed to befall them from eight years of a racist conservative system that repressed their cultural growth, and increase sales and property taxes to create a new Federal Gun Unit to confidcate all handguns except for those in the police and military. we can then funnel money into these neighborhoods to stimulate a recovery of our country's most valuable resources these inner city kids who have been led to lose their way. Money spent in affluent areas needs to be redistributed to give these kids a chance."

Thats got to be bait. The only things the author seems to be missing are: Free health care for illegals, reparation checks for oppressed minorities, and limo rides to pick up welfare checks.

awuful [sad2]

if all guns were banned that would have stopped that from happening. [laugh]

the gangsters certainly would comply [rolleyes]

Actually, I was thinking that Obama's national ban on concealed carry would have prevented these tragedies.... [sad]

the problem with these kids in not there environment because you should have the integrity to stay out of trouble. the problem is that there parents are criminals and so are the kids as a result.

the problem with these kids in not there environment because you should have the integrity to stay out of trouble. the problem is that there parents are criminals and so are the kids as a result.

You can't discount that. Nope.

But what's equally egregious is the fact that Menino and Patrick along with big-time hoplophobe John Rosenthal have waged war against lawful gun owners. We've seen what prohibition brings: A surge in violence manifested by the criminal element as a result of a lack of lawful gun owners. Simply put, if you're a criminal, you'd likely target folks that aren't carrying that those that will, provided you're risk adverse.

You can't discount that. Nope.

But what's equally egregious is the fact that Menino and Patrick along with big-time hoplophobe John Rosenthal have waged war against lawful gun owners. We've seen what prohibition brings: A surge in violence manifested by the criminal element as a result of a lack of lawful gun owners. Simply put, if you're a criminal, you'd likely target folks that aren't carrying that those that will, provided you're risk adverse.

exactly these criminals are brazen because there not going to meet any opposition from anyone because law abiding citizens are denied there human right to self defense by the idiots in Boston. i once was talking at work about getting mt LTC when i turn 21 and my human right to own a gun a kid i was working with very arrogantly said to me-

"why do you need a gun dude why dont you just fight?"

me-" because your fists are not going to do much good against a crook with a gun, knife or crowbar and when seconds matter the police are minutes away"

it is this kind of attude from people my age that keep them voting for socalist idiots, i dont need a means to protect myself the government will help me.

Last edited:
One problem is that these crimes are committed by a relatively small number of people in these communities (a couple of gangs fighting with each other). The arrest of even a few of these so called "impact players" would make a dramatic difference in the violence on the streets.

The problem is that the community won't work with the police because it's not "cool" to snitch.

One problem is that these crimes are committed by a relatively small number of people in these communities (a couple of gangs fighting with each other). The arrest of even a few of these so called "impact players" would make a dramatic difference in the violence on the streets.

You're on the right track. The arrest is important, but the punishment is what we're missing. These thugs are in and out of jail and prison their whole live and they're constantly being paroled and slapped on the wrist. That's the problem. A tall tree and a short rope does wonders to keep murderers and rapists off the streets.

The biggest problem involving street violence is the revolving doors at the District Courts and the fact that nobody wants to be a rat.After a shooting,the silence is deafening.

You're on the right track. The arrest is important, but the punishment is what we're missing. These thugs are in and out of jail and prison their whole live and they're constantly being paroled and slapped on the wrist. That's the problem. A tall tree and a short rope does wonders to keep murderers and rapists off the streets.

I agree, but if you follow these cases there is a seldom even an arrest. The number of homicides that are solved (which means charges are filed) is extremely low in Boston (I think it may be as low as 50%). As a result, the same kids committing these acts again and again. The fact is when witnesses won't talk the detectives, these cases just won't get solved.

I've always felt that anyone who commits a felony while carrying an illegal firearm should get life in prison, and of course, I think the only just punishment for murder is death.

I got to know a lot of these kids when I was trauma nurse at BMC, it was amazing how they all knew each other. It's not like out in LA (or other big cites) where strangers are killing strangers over the colors they wear, it's much more personal in Boston. The famous Boston Truce (I and II) only involved a handful of Kids, but was able to basically eliminate violence in the city.

The community is so hung up in the culture of victim-hood that they won't help themselves and turn these kids in. Very sad.

I've always felt that anyone who commits a felony while carrying an illegal firearm should get life in prison, and of course, I think the only just punishment for murder is death.

Careful with that statement. There are non violent felonies that do not warrant death or life in prison. Also, what is an illegal firearm? I don't believe that there is any correlation between carrying firearms and being a criminal, and therefore I do not believe that one should be required to purchase a license to do so.

I believe that crimes are crimes and should be punished accordingly, but that has nothing to do with the guns, knives, cell phones, or shoe laces that a person might happen to be walking around with. Using a firearm to commit a crime is a different story, and in that case I agree with what you say about strict punishment.

Careful with that statement. There are non violent felonies that do not warrant death or life in prison. Also, what is an illegal firearm? I don't believe that there is any correlation between carrying firearms and being a criminal, and therefore I do not believe that one should be required to purchase a license to do so.

I believe that crimes are crimes and should be punished accordingly, but that has nothing to do with the guns, knives, cell phones, or shoe laces that a person might happen to be walking around with. Using a firearm to commit a crime is a different story, and in that case I agree with what you say about strict punishment.

While I don't believe that we should be required to have license to purchase or carry a firearms, I do believe that convicted felons should not be able to possess firearms. If you are felon/criminal you have shown you can't follow society's rules and you lose some of your rights forever, too bad. I don't need rapists, murders, or drunks carry guns. These are serious crimes and merit the harshest of punishments.

So, what if I amend my potion to this:

1.) 20 years min-mandatory for possess of firearm by a person prohibited to do so by the law. No more pleas for these 19 year old gangbangers shooting children.

2.) Life in prison/no parole for committing a violent crime involving a firearm

Do you think these would make a difference? Would this be more effective than gun control/targeting law abiding citizens, or would it have a negligible effect? Again, one of my main goals is to get the bad guns to switch to bats and knives which will lessen the chance of innocent people being killed. If they want to just kill other BGs, that's not a priority for me.

Maybe it's time to turn the area into an "Escape From New York". Just build one gigantic wall around the area and let nature take it's course. Nothing else seems to work.

If this isnt the most godamned communist type rhetoric ive ever heard!!?!? [laugh2]

I am fairly new to this board. It makes for very interesting reading and thought provoking discussion. The kid in this story works (if he makes it) at the same company as me. After this blurb in the paper no one is interested. No follow up or anything it makes me sick. He is a decent kid and a hard worker who did not deserve this. The BPD needs to saturate that neighborhood with coverage 24-7 until they win it back from the low life’s praying on these folks. http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2008_11_06_Man_in_critical_condition_after_Dorchester_shooting/

While I don't believe that we should be required to have license to purchase or carry a firearms, I do believe that convicted felons should not be able to possess firearms. If you are felon/criminal you have shown you can't follow society's rules and you lose some of your rights forever, too bad. I don't need rapists, murders, or drunks carry guns. These are serious crimes and merit the harshest of punishments.

I agree with you on all of this.

So, what if I amend my potion to this:

1.) 20 years min-mandatory for possess of firearm by a person prohibited to do so by the law. No more pleas for these 19 year old gangbangers shooting children.

I see where you going with this and I agree as well. However, imagine what would happen if you lived in a city like chicago, where handguns were banned but you hung onto yours. Someone comes into your house to harm you and you shoot him. Then what happens to you? Does this sound like a familiar incident involving a politician who happens to be making headlines right now? This would leave law obiding gunowners open to attack for a few different reasons. Now, if the person was prohibited because they committed a violent felony, then I am all in.

2.) Life in prison/no parole for committing a violent crime involving a firearm

Using a firearm to commit a violent crime against another human being such as shooting them or robbing them with one should merit life in prison without parole. There is no need in society for people who do that sort of thing. And the "prisons are overcrowded" folks can take a walk. Take the 2 billion dollars that deval wants to set aside for free tuition for illegal immigrants, cut out all of the social programs for these slimebag criminals, and do away with socialized medicine so you can put my tax money to building a few more prisons and giving some jobs to some folks who need them.

I think this kind of trend would be far more effective than gun control of any sort. Look, a bad guy is going to get a gun if he wants one. But if we don't let him back on the streets after we catch him, he's only going to get it once. You know?

This young man died from his wounds

We got word this morning that the young man in this story who worked with us past away from his wounds. It sad that the animals that do things like this roam the earth.[sad2]

I am fairly new to this board. It makes for very interesting reading and thought provoking discussion. The kid in this story works (if he makes it) at the same company as me. After this blurb in the paper no one is interested. No follow up or anything it makes me sick. He is a decent kid and a hard worker who did not deserve this. The BPD needs to saturate that neighborhood with coverage 24-7 until they win it back from the low life’s praying on these folks. http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2008_11_06_Man_in_critical_condition_after_Dorchester_shooting/

The problem with this idea is it still does what antis love- which is to demonize firearms ownership/possession by applying a bunch of "special" crap to it. By giving the government authority to regulate guns even in this manner, you're conceding that it's okay for them to be regulated- which
gives them inroads to more regulation.

Instead of playing the "lets punish the gun/right" crap, how about we as a society focus on punishing the crime itself? If we can't even do that, then what makes you think that any of these other wallhacks for "gun violence" and the like are going to work? If these people you wish to prohibit are so that dangerous that they cannot be trusted with a firearm, I don't think they should be free, thus making the issue of whether or not they can own a gun to be moot. (I for one, do not trust ANY gun law in terms of actually preventing a violent felon from committing another crime. )

Case in point- there are metric tons of gun laws that try to do what you suggest, and most of them amount to an abject failure because they're misguided, and even if one believes in them, they're not even enforced nearly enough to make a real difference.

I guess I'm just sick of the whole "guns are special kind of violence" stuff. Like it really matters to the victim's family whether or not their loved one got killed by a bullet, bat, or a knife, or got his head bashed in by a boot. At a minimum, such ideas/laws based around gun violence are insulting to those who have lost people to violent crime by other means- eg- the state is basically saying "Your family member's death is considered less heinous of a crime by us because he wasn't killed with a politically incorrect weapon." [thinking]

-Mike

It is impossible for the cops to clean up the problems in Roxbury.The same thing has been going on for years.Every time violence hits high gear there is a cry for more cops in the area.When that happens and the cops start questioning young black kids on the corners and the community starts yelling harrasment.Then the old time favorite of charging the cops with racial profiling rears its ugly head.The cops then pull out to satisfy black leaders and the same thing starts all over again.

T

I guess I'm just sick of the whole "guns are special kind of violence" stuff. Like it really matters to the victim's family whether or not their loved one got killed by a bullet, bat, or a knife, or got his head bashed in by a boot. At a minimum, such ideas/laws based around gun violence are insulting to those who have lost people to violent crime by other means- eg- the state is basically saying "Your family member's death is considered less heinous of a crime by us because he wasn't killed with a politically incorrect weapon." [thinking]

-Mike

First of all, unlike many pro-gun people, I'm willing to say that there is a serious problem with gun violence in Boston. What makes gun violence is worse that knife or bat violence is the higher potential to kill innocent people. Unlike anti-gun people, I do not think the solution is to restrict lawful gun owners, however, I do think I think that keeping the guns out of the BGs hands would be helpful. I understand that 99.9% of the people on this board disagree with everything in the above paragraph.

With apologies, I believe that if the 19 year-old gangbanger caught with a pistol during a traffic stop (this a**h***s always have expired tags etc so they have a lot of contact with the police), were to face a 20 year min-mandatory (instead of the current soft 1 year) that many of these gangs would instead choose to use knives, bats etc - killing other BGs at the same rate, but dramatically reducing collateral damage (which is a HUGE problem in Boston).

First of all, unlike many pro-gun people, I'm willing to say that there is a serious problem with gun violence in Boston.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that In contrast to your statement, I don't know anyone who doesn't think there is a serious problem Boston with guns being used for violence. Anyone who disagrees feel free to chime in.

Unlike anti-gun people, I do not think the solution is to restrict lawful gun owners, however, I do think I think that keeping the guns out of the BGs hands would be helpful.

Yes, and we should all join arm in arm and skip happily ever after through the endless rolling green pastures of illusion.

Look, you figure out how to keep guns out of bad guys hands and we're going to get on board with you. But you see, it doesn't work. Gun control does not do anything to keep guns out of bad guys hands. Nor do total bans. All we can do is punish criminals for their crimes and not let them back on the streets where they can harm more people. For some reason the lunatics that sentence them do not understand or care about this. Why do you think that is? Job security?

Back
Top Bottom