More #Dumbocraps trying to restrict our rights.

What the legislation does

The Gun Records Restoration and Preservation Act would repeal several of these Republican provisions, with the aim of making it easier to trace or locate any firearms — even legally purchased ones.

Oh, so it's intended to trace illegally purchased guns ???
Tell me exactly how that works ??? Headscratch.gif
Do criminals report their illegal purchases to the ATF ???

Was it ever three years? I was told this once, not sure if bullshit.

30 days seems about right
There's a difference between ATF holding the background check info (registration) and a dealer holding the actual 4473. I have paper 4473s going back to 1981 but trace requests going back no more 10 years. Complicated system. What ATF requires and what they actually do depends on the level of ambition and political pressure at the time. Jack.

Menendez is a known pedophile. He may get tired of traveling out of the country for his endulgences. Safer for him.

What I can’t figure out is why anyone wouldn’t even waste time trying to figure out where a gun came from. There’s literally nothing to do with the crime perpetrated.

They’re either “stolen” or it’s a straw purchase it makes zero impact on actually policeing crime.

They don’t even prosecute straw purchases. And rarely even prosecute actual gun crimed.

If you’re already a felon it’s really easy to plead out to another felony excluding the gun charge and go on your little vacation. Back on the streets in no time..To commit more violent acts

What I can’t figure out is why anyone wouldn’t even waste time trying to figure out where a gun came from. There’s literally nothing to do with the crime perpetrated.

They’re either “stolen” or it’s a straw purchase it makes zero impact on actually policeing crime.

They don’t even prosecute straw purchases. And rarely even prosecute actual gun crimed.

If you’re already a felon it’s really easy to plead out to another felony excluding the gun charge and go on your little vacation. Back on the streets in no time..To commit more violent acts
Several reasons:

1. If a gun is found at a crime scene or ditched the last known legit owner can be interrogated

2. If they can't find the gun, they can use the trace info to try to find a way to hang a charge on the hapless individual. Rounds left in the gun - match them in reloads to the last legit owners house and charge him with selling ammo without a license; transfer to a felon (if it is the case) while alleging he knew the person was a PP, etc.

One prominent gun lawyer was contacted because a gun he stole was used n a Boston shooting. He answered questions about who he sold it and never heard anything further (this was years ago).

Last edited:

Sometimes they want a bunch of evidence build a case. In the case of the "Banana Peel Bandit" in Lexington, Mass, ATF traced about 25 guns from Grabagun to the same NH dealer, to the dealer's NH customer (all quite legal), to the Bandit to hang someone for something. Don't know how that turned out. BTW, the NH dealer, who I know quite well (LOL) spent a LOT of time with the ATF agent copying all the 4473s. Jack.

Last edited:
So basically they’re just trying to f*** somebody who had nothing to do with a violent crime. It’s unbelievable I can account for every firearm i own...

I’ve lost them in rivers and God knows where and I don’t stop until I find them. Every time you’re about to give up, your standing on it. Sorry I lost my Gun when I was drowning..Spent four hours in the freezing water looking for it. Thank God it wasn’t all black..

The whole gun tracing thing is more retarded than keeping a record of cases fired from a gun. The expert testimony is worthless...

They can’t possibly tell that some bullet or casing came from some P226. They all look the same to me
And I’m not talking about “Unfortunate boating accident” legitimately I drowned and then I was missing a pistol. I found it, it was the first pistol I owned I wasn’t gonna give up...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom