• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More ATF BS; closing the "private sale loophole"

I have a better idea. Repeal GCA 68. No BGCs ever. Like how it was here in US for the first 200 years.
It's sad that most gun owners, let alone non-gun owners don't realize that the GCA 68 was the true end of 2A. It was responsible for absolutely every single infringement that happened after it, and no infringements we've seen since it's passage would have been possible without it.

C'mon. You don't seriously want people ordering surplus firearms through mail order do you?

OF COURSE WE DO! LOL

My dad had a bolt action .22 in his bedroom closet. He didn't really like guns, but he thought that everyone should know how to use one, and he taught us to shoot it when we were young, (perhaps 7 or 8). We had a parking lot in front of our house, with an embankment perhaps 10' high. We set up on the flagstone in front of the front door and shot using the embankment as a backstop. It was only about 50 feet or so, but it was sufficient to learn.

That gun came from Sears. I *think* he got it through the mail; I KNOW he didn't require any sort of permit for it. He acquired it around 1962 or so.

I remember him bringing home some kevlar and shooting at it to see how bullet resistant it was.

My brother has it now. Had it gone over by a reputable gunsmith, and it's with him in the UK. For sentimental reasons only. He's got a couple of annshutz rifles - I suspect that they're a little more accurate.

LHO ensured we could never buy guns mail order again. He could have just gone to his local hardware store. Nope. Mail order Carcano.

And? Newsflash - there was no 4473 before GCA68. LHO did his deed in 63. LOL

I had to look up the rules prior to GCA68. Found this on Wiki:

At the hearings NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth supported a ban on mail-order sales, stating, "We do not think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.

WTF, NRA???? Damn.

And? Newsflash - there was no 4473 before GCA68. LHO did his deed in 63. LOL

I had to look up the rules prior to GCA68. Found this on Wiki:

WTF, NRA???? Damn.
They're our last, best hope doncha know!

800 lb gorilla and all that. Probably done more to advance gun control than all of Bloomberg's groups combined, but we still are told we have to throw our money at Marion Hammer and Wayne Lapierre because the grift is new, and there's no better option.

Screw it, the Fuddbusters podcast, alone, provides enough value. Money, meet mouth.
1692365703121.png

Back
Top Bottom