• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Money bomb the NRA

He is also another way the MSM gives money to liberal candidates (i.e. the clintons et al) by over paying talking heads who in turn donate to liberal candidates and liberal tax exempt organizations, allowing them deduct much of their (salary) contributions..

f*** them! In my 63 years I have learned that they are all in it for the money and cushy jobs and nothing else. I will go it alone as I always have.

I felt the same way until a few years ago I got to see how they actually impact local state organizations as well as aid in some of the court cases and other gun/hunting issues. They do a lot more under the radar than most people see. I donate to them annually as well as GOA NAGR etc. the more on our side the better. Seeing how much funding Bloomberg is pushing into the anti 2A side this fight will be a tough one.

I'll be sending them some more money. While I'd prefer that they stick to guns and stay out of non-gun politics, they are the best chance we have of keeping influence over national politics.

Normally I prefer my money to go locally to comm2a or GOAL - as they have the best chance of influencing laws that affect me. Even though the Rs control the national scene, if the NRA influence is chipped away, there will be bad things coming down in the future. It's critical that the NRA retains influence.

Already gave to NRA, I will again on 3/24 as well as GOA,Comm2a,GOAL...please let me of any more. Also, I know its lame but get on Twitter! I did and it’s where all the anti’s are. and let’s face it, social media is on there side right now. Let’s change that!

I wish somebody would hold up lower receiver and say this is an AR 15 everything else that you see ( stock, barrel, etc.) are accessories.
Make the left look foolish for not knowing anything firearms.

I'd be down for this. Hopefully, this thread keeps getting bumped so I don't forget. I just renewed my membership for 2 years plus a small donation. I have no problem donating again for the cause. Hell, I think we should also take every friend who's never been shooting, but has an interest to the range too. Strength in numbers.

f*** them! In my 63 years I have learned that they are all in it for the money and cushy jobs and nothing else. I will go it alone as I always have.

My question is who else do we have? Go it alone? Are you going to hang out in Washington and lobby legislators?

No org is perfect but they are what we have, and everyone needs to get behind it. For the price of a few boxes of ammo per year, we get representation in Washington as well at the State level. In my opinion it is a responsibility of every gun owner to be a member. Everyone benefits even though not everyone is a member.

Let me suggest something slightly more effective than just sending them money.

Convince a friend or family member to let you buy them a lifetime membership. Sign them up and put them on the do-not-promote list. Imagine if 1 in 5 members did this and increased the NRA membership by 20% in one month?

I just signed my son up for 5 years, I’m already a life member. I re-upped GOAL last week, I missed it and let it lapse for a couple months by the card in my wallet.

Comm2A gets money through Amazon and other occasional donations.

I'll kick up a little more to the NRA for the sake of solidarity, although I am already a lifetime member.
I am not exactly thrilled with everything the NRA does, but they are still the biggest voice and the biggest target.
Yesterday I finally got around to signing on for a lifetime membership to the GOA and gave an extra kick to Comm2A.
Unlike the NRA the GOA seems to be a zero-compromise organization which I think we need more than ever.
The NRA seems to thrive on sustaining the war rather than trying to end it.
The whole bumpstock thing was/is a total cluster-f**k, Trumps ban talk is straight out of the NRA's checkers-book. I am sick of other people giving up pieces of my pie.

she's on "this week with George stephanopoulos" right now.

Oh, that was WONDERFUL!!

She a$$-raped him, skinned him alive and poured delicious, Himilayan salt into the wounds this morning!!

I don't agree with everything the NRA has done recently, and I regularly support GOA, Comm2a and GOAL, but if I didn't participate in the money bomb, I'd be a shirker. The NRA is the big gorilla in the room. Toss them some bananas.

If I could be granted one wish before I die it would be that I live long enough to see those who bash the NRA have their firearms taken first.

For me, there is a special place in Hell for gun owners who bash the NRA.

Idiotic. What good has the NRA done to help here in Mass?

I did a google search and it's disheartening.
Most gun forums - just a few pages with some bickering.

Left wing sites have hundreds of comments with howling along the lines of "ban all guns, shoot those who resist, they are subhuman POS anyway".

The NRA and NSSF are both funding lawsuits to defend our rights here in MA, and to return the rights stolen from us by law and executive fiat. They seem to be the only ones, outside of our local boys like GOAL and Comm2A. The NRA has not, I repeat, has not abandoned MA. I may not agree with their every position, but they are the best placed to create an impact and actually get things done.

I support GOA, USCCA, and SAF/JPFO too, but what are they doing for you here? Nationally? Education and safety training? Sure. Not legal defense or positive-offense litigation, lobbying, candidate support, etc. And definitely not in Massachusetts. Sorry - it's a sad fact, but it's a fact.

I just sent money to the NRA as well as renewing all of my non-lifetime memberships across the board.

Remember these guys don't live off membership dues; they need "donations" too.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest fan of the NRA because they support infringements but I'm a life member and they do support the shooting sports so I support them when I can. In this case they are definitely taking a lot of heat for something they're not responsible for so I'll most likely contribute something.

Back
Top Bottom