Mom Killed by 3 year old Son with handgun

I'd be interested to see what evidence they have that shows the 3 YO pulled the trigger.

Interesting that nobody is even questioning if it was murder.
I admit that I'm the skeptical suspicious type, but every time I read a headline about a pre-schooler shooting someone, red flags fly.

My youngest is 14 and I still don't stash guns around the house. Even if I trusted her to do the right thing, she has friends over. When all my kids are grown then I'll likely keep a gun or two stashed strategically around the house. It’s just common sense. No laws needed.

if he is 14, i sincerely hope you have thoroughly trained him in how to handle guns by now. "stashing' guns is not the answer....teaching the kids to use them is. Nothing like firing off a couple bricks of .22 to take the hollywood thrill out of playing with guns when dad is not around.

if he is 14, i sincerely hope you have thoroughly trained him in how to handle guns by now. "stashing' guns is not the answer....teaching the kids to use them is. Nothing like firing off a couple bricks of .22 to take the hollywood thrill out of playing with guns when dad is not around.

"Don't child-proof your guns; gun-proof your children."

There is a "fishy smell " to this story....
I mean a three year old shooting someone in the head.
In my opinion it's like hitting the lottery ( statistically).
ggboy

Forget the trigger, could a three year old even lift a loaded handgun? I guess if it were a sub compact but something does NOT feel right about this story.

Forget the trigger, could a three year old even lift a loaded handgun? I guess if it were a sub compact but something does NOT feel right about this story.

Seriously? A two year old lifts a baby without any problems. No issues carrying two twelve packs of diet coke either.

Ok, I can be wrong. I am struggling to believe a 3yo has the strength and coordination to pull off a headshot on an adult.

Ok, I can be wrong. I am struggling to believe a 3yo has the strength and coordination to pull off a headshot on an adult.

Years ago while competing in an IPSC match in NH I executed a perfect head shot, it was one of those hostage targets where the perp was behind the victim, I aimed for the perps head, the head shot was perfect right between what would have between the eyes...of the victim !

Lucky or unlucky shots as it were, happen all the time in accidental shootings. Years ago someone shot a rifle out at sea, only to hit a person in the head traveling along a vehicle in a breakwater more than a mile away. A perfect headshot through the side window as I recall. Stuff like this happens...weird and strange but all too sadly true.

Years ago while competing in an IPSC match in NH I executed a perfect head shot, it was one of those hostage targets where the perp was behind the victim, I aimed for the perps head, the head shot was perfect right between what would have between the eyes...of the victim !

Wait, are you saying years ago while competing in IPSC you had the strength and coordination of a 3-year-old? [laugh]

I can't imagine. What a horrible chain of events.
Under a couch? WTF? [banghead]
I wonder if the gun was hers or her husband's.

Either way, it (the stupidity of whomever left a loaded gun in a spot where kids could access it) gives the friggin Anti's here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts that much more "ammunition" against us, and gives supporters of the asinine regulations more ammo as well. ("See!! I told you so!! This is why all guns need to be locked in a safe with two different locks plus a trigger safety plus smart-gun technology and..." ) blah blah blah

Either way, it (the stupidity of whomever left a loaded gun in a spot where kids could access it) gives the friggin Anti's here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts that much more "ammunition" against us, and gives supporters of the asinine regulations more ammo as well. ("See!! I told you so!! This is why all guns need to be locked in a safe with two different locks plus a trigger safety plus smart-gun technology and..." ) blah blah blah

It doesn't matter, if they don't have ammo they will invent it, out of thin air. Not to mention even in free states there are more-sane versions of safe storage laws, although in this case ironically enough the person they could prosecute for it is dead.... oops. More lawrs please!!!

-Mike

All my kids have been shooting since they were very young. She has been taught firearm safety. Kids still do dumb things. So do adults, but kids are more prone to it. Besides, she has friends over a lot and stashed guns would be a bad idea. When she's older I will have a few guns stashed for quick access. I sometimes have an LCP on me around the house, but not always.

Back
Top Bottom