• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mom Killed by 3 year old Son with handgun

MAGG

NES Member
http://you.co.za/news/young-mother-shot-dead-by-her-3-year-old-son/

Cannot even imaging coming home to this scene.....

In what police called ”a horrible, horrible” accident, Christa Engles from Tulsa, Oaklahoma was shot in the head after the toddler managed to get hold of a loaded semiautomatic handgun.

Christa’s mother, who lived with Christa, her husband and the two children, came home to discover the horrific scene and the two children covered in blood.

Christa was rushed to hospital in a “grave condition”. She was pronounced dead at 5:38 pm.

As the toddler was taken from the scene to be interviewed by police, he kept repeating, ”Mommy shot, mommy shot,” one report said.

100% accuracy? headshot? kid's a decent gunfighter.

could have been prevented by watching the god damn kid and not letting them play with a loaded firearm.

PSGWSP. she learned the hard way and now those kids are gonna have some serious mental trauma to contend with.

Yeesh. When will people learn - secure your damned guns if there are young children (too young to be taught to leave them alone) in the house.

Robert A. Heinlein said:
Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

What a horrible story.

I blame television

Lois-kills-stewie-picture.png

I'm going through my mind how many things have to go completely wrong for something like this.

I come up with the quoted phrase above, stupidity.

(at least) 2 small kids in house.
one kid un-attended.
gun not secured.
gun where kids can reach it, find it.
gun with round in the chamber (safe to assume)
gun with safety off(?)

Very very sad.

But better her than the kid.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going through my mind how many things have to go completely wrong for something like this.

I come up with the quoted phrase above, stupidity.

(at least) 2 small kids in house.
one kid un-attended.
gun not secured.
gun where kids can reach it, find it.
gun with round in the chamber (safe to assume)
gun with safety off(?)

In the aviation world thats called an accident chain. If any one of those items hadn't been in place, the chain would break and nothing would have happened.

100% accuracy? headshot? kid's a decent gunfighter.

could have been prevented by watching the god damn kid and not letting them play with a loaded firearm.

PSGWSP. she learned the hard way and now those kids are gonna have some serious mental trauma to contend with.
Yeah he's ****ed. Look at Dexter's issue.

I don't feel bad for the dumb parents that didn't lock up the gun with small children in the house. I'll bet the gun was not legally owned either. Poor kids [sad2]

I have a 3 year old, he's very strong, he could pick up a loaded handgun, probably point it, but no way he could pull a 10 lb trigger - so maybe it was either a light trigger or was cocked already.

Really sad. Can't blame the mom, it's not like she was watching TV, she was changing a diaper.

I'm just glad the kid was 3, he won't remember it later on.

I have a 3 year old, he's very strong, he could pick up a loaded handgun, probably point it, but no way he could pull a 10 lb trigger - so maybe it was either a light trigger or was cocked already.

Really sad. Can't blame the mom, it's not like she was watching TV, she was changing a diaper.

I'm just glad the kid was 3, he won't remember it later on.

If mom knew the gun was under the couch you can definitely blame her.
As Attila said most guns don't have a 12# ma trigger and
I don't think that kid will ever be able to forget about it completely

Okay now that all the PSGWSP harasses have spoken, let's reflect on the victim, family. Did the mother even know the gun was stashed there? Maybe her S.O. put it there. As for the comment betting it was illegal, why? What makes you draw that conclusion? It's something you want to believe because it makes things easier, just like the people in Ferguson want to believe in something. I don't know, you don't know. At the age of three this kid's life is forever altered and no matter what he will be defined by this event for the rest of his life.

Horrible accident, but it could have been easily prevented. My thoughts to the family, and my hope that this lesson is not lost on everyone; this is why you have to think about every possibility and plan accordingly.

Okay now that all the PSGWSP harasses have spoken, let's reflect on the victim, family. Did the mother even know the gun was stashed there? Maybe her S.O. put it there. As for the comment betting it was illegal, why? What makes you draw that conclusion? It's something you want to believe because it makes things easier, just like the people in Ferguson want to believe in something. I don't know, you don't know. At the age of three this kid's life is forever altered and no matter what he will be defined by this event for the rest of his life.

I said I bet it was not legally owned because IMO stashing a gun under the couch sounds like something a criminal would do.

I always had guns in the house when my 2 sons were growing up.

Like everything dangerous, you have to be vigilant.

That is really terrible for the family.

I said I bet it was not legally owned because IMO stashing a gun under the couch sounds like something a criminal would do.

You guys are so conditioned to Massachusetts. This was in Oklahoma, where you don't need a government permission slip to own a gun. As long as they were not federally prohibited, they would be good to go. Also there is no minimum level of intelligence required.

In places that do not have odious gun laws like Mass I have been known to stash guns under beds and couches. Glad to meet an expert on criminal behavior. I think your knowledge base and experience is limited. Of course there were no children in the house either and if any were coming over guns were secured.

IF YOU HAVE TWO SMALL CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE YOU DO NOT STASH A LOADED GUN IN THE COUCH! I DONT CARE WHAT GOD DAMN STATE YOU ARE FROM. HOW STUPID COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE?????

(and yes I am yelling)

Back
Top Bottom