Mom Killed by 3 year old Son with handgun

IF YOU HAVE TWO SMALL CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE YOU DO NOT STASH A LOADED GUN IN THE COUCH! I DONT CARE WHAT GOD DAMN STATE YOU ARE FROM. HOW STUPID COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE????? (and yes I am yelling)

STUPIDITY MAY OR MAY NOT EQUATE CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR (yes I am yelling) I realize that criminal negligence can be a charge for stupid behavior after the fact. But to imply that the family was involved in criminal behavior solely based on the fact that a gun was stored under a couch is and of itself not a valid point which was the thrust of the posters point.

Your lack of critical reading skills, self righteous and general emotional tenor duly noted, grasshopper. We have consensus that poor judgement was exercised but there are no indicators of criminal enterprise before the fact.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see what evidence they have that shows the 3 YO pulled the trigger.

Interesting that nobody is even questioning if it was murder.

First six years are formational: These children will remember. It will eff them up for the rest of their lives.

Martha says to put a 10 lb trigger on everything and only then will we be safe.
#forthechildren

I wonder if the gun was hers or her husband's.

Poor woman. Poor kids. Mother was a serving member of the military apparently. Husband a truck driver not at home. I would guess it was an aimed shot. Otherwise extremely bad luck.

Primary takeaway, as usual - you can not ND on an empty chamber.

If mom knew the gun was under the couch you can definitely blame her.
As Attila said most guns don't have a 12# ma trigger and
I don't think that kid will ever be able to forget about it completely

We'll probably never know but I'd bet money the mom didn't know someone put a loaded gun in the couch.

3 year old won't remember the actual incident or the aftermath, but I'm sure family and friends will remind him when he's older. Hopefully he won't blame himself.

First six years are formational: These children will remember. It will eff them up for the rest of their lives.

Martha says to put a 10 lb trigger on everything and only then will we be safe.
#forthechildren

Formational doesn't mean you remember events. Do you remember a lot from when you were 1 year old?

Nobody recommended mandatory 10 lb triggers, but go ahead and create a straw man so you can argue with him.

STUPIDITY MAY OR MAY NOT EQUATE CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR (yes I am yelling) I realize that criminal negligence can be a charge for stupid behavior after the fact. But to imply that the family was involved in criminal behavior solely based on the fact that a gun was stored under a couch is and of itself not a valid point which was the thrust of the posters point.

Your lack of critical reading skills, self righteous and general emotional tenor duly noted, grasshopper. We have consensus that poor judgement was exercised but there are no indicators of criminal enterprise before the fact.

WTF are you talking about and how big is that "jump to conclusion" mat you are standing on? Where did I say anything about criminal behavior? That was the post after me. Critical reading skills? Try some yourself. I stand by my point and I will add to it for your clarity: I don't care if its criminal, not criminal, taboo, against your religion, moral code, ethos, whatevertheflawk you want to call it. If you have at least one brain cell in your head, you DO NOT stash guns in the couch when you have two little kids running around. Why is this so difficult? I never said anything about any damn laws that may or may not apply.

WTF are you talking about and how big is that "jump to conclusion" mat you are standing on? Where did I say anything about criminal behavior? That was the post after me. Critical reading skills? Try some yourself. I stand by my point and I will add to it for your clarity: I don't care if its criminal, not criminal, taboo, against your religion, moral code, ethos, whatevertheflawk you want to call it. If you have at least one brain cell in your head, you DO NOT stash guns in the couch when you have two little kids running around. Why is this so difficult? I never said anything about any damn laws that may or may not apply.

Then why pray tell single me out grasshopper ? Thou art so wise. I think we ALL HAVE CONSENSUS (yes I'm yelling) that it is stupid. It's called an obvious truth. BTW I do enjoy your unique contribution to the English language "whatevertheflawk" that's a real humdinger by golly. You are a real crackerjack with a stunning intellect.

I think I like you grasshopper.

Then why pray tell single me out grasshopper ? Thou art so wise. I think we ALL HAVE CONSENSUS (yes I'm yelling) that it is stupid. It's called an obvious truth. BTW I do enjoy your unique contribution to the English language "whatevertheflawk" that's a real humdinger by golly. You are a real crackerjack with a stunning intellect.

I think I like you grasshopper.

You quoted his post Mr., that's how this works. :p

All I can say is I have no kids and never leave a loaded gun lying around. I make sure its on my person or in a readily accessible safe of some type. YMMV.

Yep it's a tragedy and although gun accidents have declined over the years, another one is sadly out there waiting to happen.

Had one in the parking lot of a gun shop according to Walpole Times. Thankfully he will survive.

ummm she's payed the price for her mistakes

I have no sympathy for her, Id charge her and send her away. Its irresponsible idiots like this that not only end up with getting their own kids killed but it could be Your kid and for that I say send her ass to jail.

Sent from the blind

I have no sympathy for her, Id charge her and send her away. Its irresponsible idiots like this that not only end up with getting their own kids killed but it could be Your kid and for that I say send her ass to jail.

Sent from the blind

JFC did you read the story?

My youngest is 14 and I still don't stash guns around the house. Even if I trusted her to do the right thing, she has friends over. When all my kids are grown then I'll likely keep a gun or two stashed strategically around the house. It’s just common sense. No laws needed.

Back
Top Bottom