Mom fights suspension of 5-year-old son who brought toy gun to Hopkinton kindergarten

Schools are out of control. I just learned from my wife's friend (a school teacher who broke up a cat fight yesterday) that fighting in school gets both parties an automatic 5 day suspension. How is suspending the kid from school for fighting punishing the kid? Seems like an easy way to get 5 days off from school.

In my day, people were paddled by the gym teacher for fighting (the fighting always happened in gym anyway) and that was that.

I got suspended from school in 1979 for being in a fist fight outside on school property. This isn't anything new.

The villification of lawful gunowners, however, is.

these stories seem to pop up weekly now...how has our once great nation become so pussified

I can tell you that it's probably a side effect of the woman's liberation movement.
They've marginalized "men" to the point where being a man is now politically incorrect.

What makes me sick is not the libtard women, it's the sniveling little weasel men behind them.

I can tell you that it's probably a side effect of the woman's liberation movement.
They've marginalized "men" to the point where being a man is now politically incorrect.

What makes me sick is not the libtard women, it's the sniveling little weasel men behind them.

Consider this: It was the mother who spoke up and went to "battle" for her son. The mother prevailed in her protest. No mention of dad in this little dispute.
Is it proper to conclude that the mother is a "libtard?" And his dad is a "sniveling little weasel?"

Consider this: It was the mother who spoke up and went to "battle" for her son. The mother prevailed in her protest. No mention of dad in this little dispute.
Is it proper to conclude that the mother is a "libtard?" And his dad is a "sniveling little weasel?"

You've misunderstood the context of my statements. I was not speaking about her specifically.

Boys are innately born with an instinct to gravitate toward weapons. It's all very tribal, and goes waaay back in the DNA. Take away toy guns, and they will use a gun shaped stick, take the stick away, and they'll use their fingers. It's as natural as digging in the dirt. I forgot that masculinity was seen as primitive now though, guess I'm just thinking with my Neanderthal brain again.[banghead]

i went to school in hopkinton many years back...this shit's out of control...he didn't point it at anyone, kept his finger off the trigger, AND it was unloaded! all good gun safety practices...and he gets suspended...unreal i remember the days when we would play cops and robbers with our toy guns around the school, and no one got hurt or suspended, or arrested...there was a cop just doing his patrol saw a bunch of kids running around with "guns" who stopped us, told us to stop making so much noise, and left us alone...what the hell happened to those days? when did people become such pansies???

I hear that. I was born and raised in Ashland and still live there. I have 4 cousins and 2 nephews that go to Hopkinton public. Times are out of control now. My friends and I would always play cops and robbers all the time and GI Joe. We would dig holes in the ground and use fire crackers to simulate bombs and blow up our Joes. We just got yelled at and shrugged it off and moved onto something else. We'd go into the back yard and shoot pellet guns. All my friends had pellet guns. We would shoot anything we could find, balloons, boxes, wood, our sister's barbies.....No one cared and I think we were about 9-10 years old, and we all carried pocket knives, I know I had about 13 of them in a shoe box.

Now it's a nightmare. I'm almost scared to bring a child into the world fearing the lack of freedom and fun that they will miss that I had growing up. I mean Christ, parents have to set up "play dates" for kids now. WTF is that shit. How about ride your friggen bike to see if your friend is home and play with them. Now we have to worry about the guy in the brown van. I rarely see kids playing outside. My step son is 17 and plays street hockey with his friends all the time when it gets warm out. Actually he is out playing right now. The cops give him and his friends a hard time about playing in the school parking lot because they have no other place to go play. At least he isn't sitting in the house playing video games all day or getting into trouble or drinking or doing meth.
Another thing I'd like to add is that I found out one of his teachers at the high school was feeding his class liberal propaganda about guns. He raised his hand and shut the teacher down. He told the teacher that he was brought up by his grandfather (my wife was a single mother at the time) and he has been around guns all the time and they are not scarey. They are only scarey to people that are not educated about them. Ending his speach about firearms he told the teacher that his step father (me) has an AR15 and the teacher was speechless. BTW this is the same teacher that keeps a Penn. drivers license, lives in Mass and during election time went back to Penn. for the day to vote for Obama because Penn. is a swing state.......Nice huh?!? Sorry about my first post rant

Mom fights suspension of 5-year-old son who brought toy gun to Hopkinton kind...

I saw this on the news last night. Unreal. Someone needs to go down there and bitch slap all of them.

Kid brings a plastic gun to school, and now all of a sudden they think he is the next serial killer.

It's called conditioning the children for life in our United Police States of America.

Back
Top Bottom