• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mom fights suspension of 5-year-old son who brought toy gun to Hopkinton kindergarten

“I think they’re trying to make an example of him,” Stone said. “But it is a bad example. He is so young and I shouldn’t have had to explain Newtown to a 5-year-old.”

Stone will be meeting with Hiersche on Friday to appeal the suspension. If the decision is not changed, she plans to follow up with the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts.

Mom fights suspension of 5-year-old son who brought toy gun to Hopkinton kindergarten class - Boston.com

Check the comments...

We definitely had a Gene pool error somewhere along the line of evolution the last 50 years.

chuckpunch1.gif

Last edited:
When I was about 8 years old I tried riding my bicycle between two puddles and, somewhat predictably, fell in one of them. I scraped my knee! I demand that we ban rain and bicycles! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I saw this on the news last night. Unreal. Someone needs to go down there and bitch slap all of them.

Kid brings a plastic gun to school, and now all of a sudden they think he is the next serial killer.

I guess I could understand the school's concern if it was like a BB gun, but just a plastic toy is a bit extreme. Now the kid is going to have it on his record that he brought a evil item to school and is a problem student. The comments on that are terrible too. Hating on the mother for being a bad parent.. Screw that kudos to her in my opinion.

someone should leave a comment pointing out that normal 5 year old boys play with toy guns, and if your 5 year old boy is not playing with toy guns then he is not normal, not by a longshot. And that abnormality is genetic and not the parents fault, unfortunate side effects are an appreciation of broadway musicals.

This happened in my wifes class down in Virginia... 2nd grader brought a plastic M1, about he size of a pencil in to school and was suspended for it. Another teacher caught the kid in the bathroom with it, and went straight to the principle with it.

Two days before, another kid had brought in a pellet gun that looked like a 1911. That kid was suspended 2 days. Evidently his older brother (8th grade) was using his little brother to hide it from school staff b/c he was threatening other students with it.

It's in a pretty bad neighborhood. There have been shootouts on the same block as the school, cops running through the school with guns drawn chasing suspects... All sorts of ridiculous BS. I really need to get them back up North.

I'm 40 years old, when I was in 6th grade I would bring in spent shell casings for show and tell from the weekend. I had been shooting with my uncle at Maynard Rod and Gun, stuff like 22's and would pick up larger casings I would find on the range. I was the hit of show and tell every week, my paper target with bullseys and and shells! My classmates loved it and the teachers were interested too. It always amazes me how far we've fallen as a society.

My stepson got suspended about 8 years ago (he was ten) for bringing in one of those one inch capgun keychains with NO CAPS! They wanted me to come in for a parent/teacher confrence about it. Lets just say they will never ask me there ever agian.[smile]

When I was a kid, I had an arsenal of guns in my backpack whenever I would go to a friends house. Cap guns, water guns, toy guns that clicked. Even occasionally used them at recess... No problem most of the time. cap guns bothered a few teachers, something about smoke being a fire hazard... Never liked that teacher anyways..

The poor kid is never going to be permitted to get his LTC now based on suitability due to playing with toys when he was a 5 year old.

In 1999 I brought an extremely realistic UZI to school for Halloween or something. A teacher saw it, and confiscated it. It sat in a drawer until the last day of school. I was at my locker and that teacher called out my name, pulled the Uzi out, and mimicked spraying me and the hallway. Then he laughed and tossed it to me and said have a great summer. He was older, and close to retirement. Things got stupid after Columbine, and "jokes" suddenly became not funny anymore.

i went to school in hopkinton many years back...this shit's out of control...he didn't point it at anyone, kept his finger off the trigger, AND it was unloaded! all good gun safety practices...and he gets suspended...unreal i remember the days when we would play cops and robbers with our toy guns around the school, and no one got hurt or suspended, or arrested...there was a cop just doing his patrol saw a bunch of kids running around with "guns" who stopped us, told us to stop making so much noise, and left us alone...what the hell happened to those days? when did people become such pansies???

I used to box and need to be banned [grin]

Poor little kid, he is only 5 and is learning quickly that the adults responsible for his education are retards....sad

What the parents fail to realize is that no matter how this comes down in the end, this little boy will now have a file on him kept by the school that will follow him through the rest of his scholastic career. He is a marked kid. No "sunshine law" or open records law will ever reveal it or get it expunged. He will be marked as anti-social with a pre-disposition towards weapons and violent behavior and will be singled out for observation of anti-social tendencies. Once he wears that "halo" he will be cut from the herd and treated differently.

The parents face investigation by the "authorities" because what parents in their right minds would allow a child to have a toy gun, much less bring one to school, especially in these post-Newtown days? This could be the beginning of a real nightmare for this family.

No this is not [tinfoil] this is Amerika in AD 2013.

The best thing the parents could do is move out of Massachusetts far, far away to someplace like Oklahoma or Texas or Arizona and hope the kid's school records do not follow him.

I'm totally serious here.

You get a little better treatment in Catholic Schools for now (the costume party held by the school included weapons of all kinds, at least at our school) and then you have home school which really is the best option to avoid complete indoctrination.

Back
Top Bottom