• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Missouri bans all federal gun laws

Let the feds try to enforce. If Missouri stands by its word, then the state police will back the state and not help the feds. Are people getting arrested in MA for marijuana possession?

The feds have already reluctantly let a lot of that slip because the scope of it is such that its a difficult thing for them to do. Particularly when the pot isn't crossing
state lines, etc, last thing they want to do is smash a dispensary on bogus charges and then have the standing case law subject to even more
judicial scrutiny, etc...

The only functional thing this does for Missouri residents is, assuming the state sticks to their word, someone could get the kopsch called on them for say, an unregistered MG being fired, cops show up, and see that nothing bad is happening, and instead of going "WHERE ARE ZE PAPERS?" and then ratting on the guy to the feds when no papers appear, they just say "be safe, have a nice day!" we hope.

-Mike

Do you seriously believe that the ATF would not be kicking down doors 5 minutes after hearing that a store in missouri was selling new manufactured MG's or SBRs/supressors without NFA paperwork? This is not something they would ignore. Perhaps a few backwoods machineguns get ignored because they can't be everywhere, but that is no different from now.

Well, no but theres a big difference if the locals suddenly aren't willing, or cannot legally, per this new state law, hold the guys with the backwoods machineguns on a 24 hr courtesy hold for the feds to come investigate "cuz they broke federal law" like there might be now. Don't know how the mechanics work on this legally, though.

-Mike

Well, no but theres a big difference if the locals suddenly aren't willing, or cannot legally, per this new state law, hold the guys with the backwoods machineguns on a 24 hr courtesy hold for the feds to come investigate "cuz they broke federal law" like there might be now. Don't know how the mechanics work on this legally, though.

-Mike

That is about the only way I see this helping anyone. If as per your previous post some guy gets the cops called on him for a MG he is shooting, they show up and he isn't doing anything wrong with it maybe he is ok. But that assumes he made it himself or got it from a buddy who made it.

Mostly I see the feds going after stores because it's easy. They hear a guy is selling MG's, they send in a plant, they sting the guy selling and send him to club fed. No locals involved. Same with supressors, SBR's etc. I can't see a way they get away with it for any length of time, and like in most places if they can stop sales because of the risk, then the fact that is it legal under state law doesn't help you.

Mostly I see the feds going after stores because it's easy. They hear a guy is selling MG's, they send in a plant, they sting the guy selling and send him to club fed. No locals involved. Same with supressors, SBR's etc. I can't see a way they get away with it for any length of time, and like in most places if they can stop sales because of the risk, then the fact that is it legal under state law doesn't help you.

Of course it wont... but then again, I think anyone with an FFL type 01/07 store with at least one brain cell is going to think that that they're going to escape fed scrutiny, part of which is in terms of getting the license, you are kind of signing a deal with the devil that you will obey the fed laws and doing so is conditional to keeping the FFL.

-Mike

I can see Dealers getting jacked up as well.
The real question is how far the state is willing to go to back up their law.
Not sure if I would want to be the test case.

Particularly when the pot isn't crossing
state lines, etc,
LOL. You should take a drive by Theory Wellness sometime during business hours. There will be a line out the door and likely across the parking lot. Over half if not most of the plates will be from NY or CT. I haven't seen any DEA checkpoints at the border yet.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't try to get an 870 with 12"barrels from MO to AK just to test my luck.

LOL. You should take a drive by Theory Wellness sometime during business hours. There will be a line out the door and likely across the parking lot. Over half if not most of the plates will be from NY or CT. I haven't seen any DEA checkpoints at the border yet.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't try to get an 870 with 12"barrels from MO to AK just to test my luck.

I should have been more specific, I meant from the supply end. Feds ain't going to whack someone for pot unless its going to turn into a big score. Obviously joe and jane stoner with their ounce or less (or whatever the limit is) likely aren't going to look too interesting to them at this point.

-Mike

It’s time for the US Supreme Court to step up and apply/enforce the constitution at the fed level. If enough states have the stones to follow MO (even if their new law is somewhat symbolic) they will have no choice.

It certainly cant hurt, especially if a number of states do similar things which is likely.

Can anyone explain to me how this is anything but a symbolic gesture? Saying that the laws don't apply does not magically stop the feds from sending jackboots to your house and dragging you off to federal prison. Are the missouri state police going to break you out, or perhaps defend you from the feds beforehand? Maybe they will arrest all the feds for holding you prisoner? Will they have a presence at gun stores who are selling SBR's and machineguns with no NFA paperwork to make sure the ATF stays away?

Back
Top Bottom