Minimum age to carry Pepper Spray?

$25 for an FID under 18 - if you can get in a hunter safety course the training is free

Both my kids (17 & 15) got their FID as soon as they turned 15.

$25 for an FID under 18 - if you can get in a hunter safety course the training is free

Both my kids (17 & 15) got their FID as soon as they turned 15.

Note: The hunter ed course does not have a live fire component. When I teach it, I implore all persons that do not have access to a mentor that can do real gun shooting to take a course with live fire.

Some towns, in violation of state law, do not recognize the HE course as acceptable.

You can now apply before your 15th birthday; the card become "live" on your 15th birthday.

Note: The hunter ed course does not have a live fire component. When I teach it, I implore all persons that do not have access to a mentor that can do real gun shooting to take a course with live fire.

Some towns, in violation of state law, do not recognize the HE course as acceptable.

You can now apply before your 15th birthday; the card become "live" on your 15th birthday.
Agree but no issues with my kids getting some live fire time.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Are you saying that if they have a FID they can carry OC at 15?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying the part about needing to be 18 to carry OC is there and down a ways? I can't find it. Sorry.
Yes, it's in paragraph 6

. A firearm identification card issued pursuant to subclause (vi) of clause (1) of section 122D, shall be valid to purchase and possess chemical mace, pepper spray or other similarly propelled liquid, gas or powder designed to temporarily incapacitate.

Are you saying that if they have a FID they can carry OC at 15?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying the part about needing to be 18 to carry OC is there and down a ways? I can't find it. Sorry.

It's lawful to OC pepper spray, with an FID @ 15, but, Massprudence indicates discretion, IMO.

One of my sons (<18) occasionally wears a sheath knife. Not my preference, but, as he points out, it's legal. Kids. [laugh]/[rolleyes]

It's lawful to OC pepper spray, with an FID @ 15, but, Massprudence indicates discretion, IMO.

One of my sons (<18) occasionally wears a sheath knife. Not my preference, but, as he points out, it's legal. Kids. [laugh]/[rolleyes]
No prudence or discretion needed - carry your FID and you can possess the spray (<18)

Wasn't this changed to $100 to be in line with the LTC? Got that when chatting with an instructor at MFS last month.

IGNORANT instructor!

No it was $100 and changed a few years ago to $25. Don't recall when that happened but it is real and codified in MGLs. Most instructors are too ignorant and unable to read the law, so they make it up as they go!

YMMV but Boston cops are ignoring young women with self defense spray. Wouldn't surprise me elsewhere either. Dudes - not sure.

Back
Top Bottom