• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found

commodon

NES Member

Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found​

MILTON, Mass. — A middle school in Milton was locked down Friday morning after a teacher found a bullet in a bathroom, authorities said.

Officers responding to the Pierce Middle School around 10 a.m. learned the teacher had discovered an unspent 9mm round, according to the Milton Police Department.

Milton Superintendent James F. Jette said two more rounds were found in two separate bathrooms during a search of the school, which prolonged the lockdown. “To all parents/guardians and community members, I want to thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we navigated this situation. I know how much anxiety and fear these situations evoke along with the need to know exact details,” Jette said in a statement.

Police noted that there was no active threat at the school.

Ballistic K9 teams from Boston and Quincy assisted Milton Police with a sweep of the building.

An investigation remains ongoing.

From Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found

3 found in 3 separate locations. This fails the smell test. I'm thinking setup.
I try to be logical and not get sucked into wild conspiracy theories, but I just can't think up a scenario that would account for this.
If dropped by accident, why the separate locations, why more than one, why not more than three.
If they were dropped when someone wanted to not get caught with them, again why 3 location.
Planning a school shooting but only brings 3 rounds?

Nothing seems to fit except someone planting them to stir things up.

I try to be logical and not get sucked into wild conspiracy theories, but I just can't think up a scenario that would account for this.
If dropped by accident, why the separate locations, why more than one, why not more than three.
If they were dropped when someone wanted to not get caught with them, again why 3 location.

Hole in your pocket

In my day, we had to call in a bomb threat. But dropping ammo around works even better and very unlikely to get caught as there is no phone call involved that could trace back to you.
Don't assume there are no hidden webcams in the hallways.

Hole in your pocket
MMbT5r.gif

Wow, good job snowflakes!
Props to the po po for their extreme bravery in such a dangerous situation.[bow]
I'm suprised they even entered the school![rofl2]
What a great waste of resources, time and tax payer money.

Another mass killing avoided...

If they had just shut down an abortion clinic for a day. More kids could have been saved!
If it saves just one life!

of course it was a setup. Kids may be idiots, but sometimes they're not fools. They just reached into the Nation of Pussies file cabinet and pulled out the binder on getting a day off from school.

In the cell phone era, a bomb threat can be fairly easily identified. Just dropping a bullet is nice and anonymous. They have adapted to the times.

It's finals week and someone needed another day to study.

Or some little shit trying to end school early.
The new version of pulling the fire alarm.

oh look at that just in time for finals
Meaning no offense to @Picton, teachers tend to be liberals and liberals tend to be fanatics. I'm unsure of his or her politics but if he/she is a liberal/progressive, one of the very few reasonable ones.

There's a decent chance a teacher planted the rounds.

It's probably just as or nearly as likely that the kid of a liberal parent did it.

If it wasn't for purposes of political terrorism then yes, possibly planted by someone that needed another couple days to study, but my money is on a liberal, probably a teacher.

Eh. This stuff happens there more than you realize. There are more than a few gun related incidents that occur among the youth of that town.

Meaning no offense to @Picton, teachers tend to be liberals and liberals tend to be fanatics. I'm unsure of his or her politics but if he/she is a liberal/progressive, one of the very few reasonable ones.

There's a decent chance a teacher planted the rounds.

It's probably just as or nearly as likely that the kid of a liberal parent did it.

If it wasn't for purposes of political terrorism then yes, possibly planted by someone that needed another couple days to study, but my money is on a liberal, probably a teacher.
Nah, I’m a he. I’m probably more lefty than a lot of NESers, but certainly not about 2a.

I’m aware of the generalization about teacher politics, but in MA there are probably many industries that are lefty. What’s interesting is that our student-run newspaper just did a piece on attitudes toward guns after Uvalde. They interviewed four teachers (not me) and two said, in a public school student newspaper, that they had LTCs. Another said he was not in favor of gun control.

This is eastern MA.

I‘d link the article, but I don’t want to doxx myself. Lol.

Nah, I’m a he. I’m probably more lefty than a lot of NESers, but certainly not about 2a.

I’m aware of the generalization about teacher politics, but in MA there are probably many industries that are lefty. What’s interesting is that our student-run newspaper just did a piece on attitudes toward guns after Uvalde. They interviewed four teachers (not me) and two said, in a public school student newspaper, that they had LTCs. Another said he was not in favor of gun control.

This is eastern MA.

I‘d link the article, but I don’t want to doxx myself. Lol.
I didn't want to assume your gender 😂

I work in an industry that is classically liberal/progressive. A surprising number of us are quite conservative/libertarian, but we keep our heads down.

NES is NOT blocked on the network, which suggests that some of the admins in that area are gun nuts here.

Didn't the Intarwebs start out as a libertarian hotbed?
Where did it all go wrong?
Al Gore is probably the furthest thing from a libertarian! He was the inventor of the Internet, no matter what you've read about it being a military funded academic project to test bed communication systems that night survive nuclear war.

of course it was a setup. Kids may be idiots, but sometimes they're not fools. They just reached into the Nation of Pussies file cabinet and pulled out the binder on getting a day off from school.

In the cell phone era, a bomb threat can be fairly easily identified. Just dropping a bullet is nice and anonymous. They have adapted to the times.
Two words,

Finger prints

Prolly this...
My father found one once where the forceps were fabbed out of welding rod or something.
He was a metalsmith by trade, but wondered why the tweezers were so ineffective.

ETA: "Don't crush that dwarf - hand me the pliers".

for me and you maybe as part of getting our LTC. The kids may be too young to have been printed yet, unless the schools are printing kids for their safety.
You just know that somewhere out there is a police chief
who would try to print every student in the school.
"For the children".

Last edited:
You just know that somewhere out there is a police chief
who would try to print every student in the school.
"For the children".

When I was a wee lad in California and every parent was afraid of All The Kidnappings, the coppers came down offering to print peoples' children if parents wanted them to.

Parents wanted them to.

All those prints are undoubtedly still on file, somewhere.

When I was a wee lad in California and every parent was afraid of All The Kidnappings, the coppers came down offering to print peoples' children if parents wanted them to.

Parents wanted them to.

All those prints are undoubtedly still on file, somewhere.
I was born on the last day in NYS that newborns weren't footprinted in the hospital.
The coppers will never catch me.

Back
Top Bottom