• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found

What a difference 60 years make. I remember getting into a neighbor’s ammo and bringing a pocket full of 45 rounds to school, maybe like 5th grade. Slap on wrist and a note from the teacher but when dad got home, it wasn’t pretty. No 4pm Breaking News, no lockdowns, no nuffin.

Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found​

MILTON, Mass. — A middle school in Milton was locked down Friday morning after a teacher found a bullet in a bathroom, authorities said.

Officers responding to the Pierce Middle School around 10 a.m. learned the teacher had discovered an unspent 9mm round, according to the Milton Police Department.

Milton Superintendent James F. Jette said two more rounds were found in two separate bathrooms during a search of the school, which prolonged the lockdown. “To all parents/guardians and community members, I want to thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we navigated this situation. I know how much anxiety and fear these situations evoke along with the need to know exact details,” Jette said in a statement.

Police noted that there was no active threat at the school.

Ballistic K9 teams from Boston and Quincy assisted Milton Police with a sweep of the building.

An investigation remains ongoing.

From Milton middle school locked down after teacher finds bullet in bathroom; two more rounds found
Teacher planted it.

Too easy to jam someone up in MA over stupid bullshit like this. Got someone you don't like? Instead of sprinkling some crack, sprinkle a couple 22LR empty shells in his hoodie or pockets and then call the cops with I SEE MAN WITH A GUN. Arrested for carrying a 22LR empty shell-gun without a LTC.

When I was a wee lad in California and every parent was afraid of All The Kidnappings, the coppers came down offering to print peoples' children if parents wanted them to.

Parents wanted them to.

All those prints are undoubtedly still on file, somewhere.
I remember ads in the 90s here in MA to get your kids' prints done "in case." I hardly listen to terrestrial radio any more, but wouldn't be surprised if those drives still happen at least occasionally.

oh look at that just in time for finals
Finals? At a middle school? Middle school doesn't get finals.

My middle schooler finished their MCAS and STAR assessments week before last and it's been all movies, all the time since then.

I'm being a little hyperbolic, but not much. It's discouraging to hear teachers say, "We don't teach to the test." Only to hear that as soon as the tests are done they stop teaching...

Back
Top Bottom