Milsurps... I fell off the wagon

Well don't leave me hangin' man. Thats like one sex addict telling another he banged some hot girl last night but doesn't give up the details.[laugh]
BTW, i'm still cleaning the re-arsenaled VZ24 (i think you've seen em, I know you've ordered from him before) I picked up recently for more money than I should have spent on it.[thinking]

"My name is Ken...

... and I'm a Milsurpaholic.

It's been one day since my last Milsurp purchase.

That's it! I'm done, done, done for the year! No more!

This addiction is way out of control, and the only way to handle it is to go cold turkey."

[crying][shocked][crying][shocked][crying][shocked][crying][shocked][crying][shocked]

My latest piece of military history was issued to either Co. I, 44th Volunteer Infantry Regiment, or Co. G, 40th Volunteer Infantry Regiment, and most likely spent some time in the Phillippines.......

But that's it... no more for this year. Honest..... I mean it.....

Found it on the Four Seasons Used Gun List late the other night, and called yesterday morning to reserve it until I got out of work. I'll post pictures as soon as I have a spare minute (and the Mrs. is busy elsewhere).

USMA-82 said:
My latest piece of military history was issued to either Co. I, 44th Volunteer Infantry Regiment, or Co. G, 40th Volunteer Infantry Regiment, and most likely spent some time in the Phillippines.......

But that's it... no more for this year. Honest..... I mean it.....

Found it on the Four Seasons Used Gun List late the other night, and called yesterday morning to reserve it until I got out of work. I'll post pictures as soon as I have a spare minute (and the Mrs. is busy elsewhere).

Was that the Winchester in .45-70? Saw that, too. If that's the one, thanks for picking it up before I broke down... [laugh]

Nope... .30-40 Springfield Krag, Model of 1898. Kept seeing them on gunbroker in the $650 to $800 range, so when this one popped up at FS for $599......

my defenses broke down.

It's in great shape, except for the bore, which is probably closer to a "smoothbore" than a "rifled" barrel, but I guess that's what you'd expect for a 107 year-old battle rifle.

Will try to take some pics tonight.

USMA-82 said:
Nope... .30-40 Springfield Krag, Model of 1898. Kept seeing them on gunbroker in the $650 to $800 range, so when this one popped up at FS for $599......

my defenses broke down.

It's in great shape, except for the bore, which is probably closer to a "smoothbore" than a "rifled" barrel, but I guess that's what you'd expect for a 107 year-old battle rifle.

Will try to take some pics tonight.

Ah... So the Springfield (not Winchester) 1873 is still available. Fortunately it's well out of my price range...

Finally got around to taking pics. Just got back from the Springfield show, so now I have a bayonet to go with it. Still need to pick up a sling:

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

Unfortunately, Bubba did some sanding of the stock before I go it. The date stamp is almost totally gone. But the serial number places the manufacture date at 1899. Looking forward to hittin the range to see what she'll do.

Back
Top Bottom