• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Millett 4-16x50 scope question

Anyone own a Millett 4-16x50mm Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube #BK81001?
016391-11.JPG

What do you think of it? Thank you!
White Feather

Yes, I have 2.

one on a remington 700 AAC and one on a home made AR platform with a 24" barrel. The scopes are great out to 325 yards which is the max length of the range I shoot at. For the price I paid for used, I could not beat it.

Yes, I have 2.

one on a remington 700 AAC and one on a home made AR platform with a 24" barrel. The scopes are great out to 325 yards which is the max length of the range I shoot at. For the price I paid for used, I could not beat it.

What does the reticle look like when it is not lit? The photo with the scope with the green mildots looks a little odd.
White Feather

Black with dots without reticle on. Have one on my Savage 10FP .308. Love it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

This. I bought one on Snipershide and one on AR15.com for about $200 each. Would do it again if I had anything else to put it on.

I have one on my M1A. I like it. Here it is with a target from 100 yard sight in using German Mil-Surp 7.62x51 FMJ

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944707.130992.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944707.130992.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 50
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944471.986452.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360944471.986452.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 53
I've been putting off buying this scope for a while just because I'm cheap, but i will say ive done a lot of online research for tactical Scopes in that price range, and everyone seems to point to the millet as a great scope for an entry level price. it has all the features youd want in a tactical scope and people compare the glass quality to some pretty high end optics. I think to beat it youd probably have to spend triple the money.

as for reticle, I would go w the mil dot, as u can do a lot of quick shot calculations and measurements w it.

I put one on my LaRue predatAR 7.62 because after buying the rifle I had no money left for a Nightforce. I like it a lot it's held zero very well and the glass is fair.
You can try Natchez shooters supply that's where I got mine. Great people to deal with too.

I put one on my LaRue predatAR 7.62 because after buying the rifle I had no money left for a Nightforce. I like it a lot it's held zero very well and the glass is fair.
You can try Natchez shooters supply that's where I got mine. Great people to deal with too.

Natchez is worth keeping an eye on for optics. They often have screamin' deals on closeout optics from various manufacturers.

Natchez is worth keeping an eye on for optics. They often have screamin' deals on closeout optics from various manufacturers.

Natchez had some great deals on refurbished scopes. While at their site, I found that there are two different 4-16x50 scopes. One is the 81001 and the second is the 81008 (which I was not aware of). The 81001 has MIL/MOA reticle/turret and the 81008 has MIL/MIL so the 81008 made much more sense. When I got back to the Forum, I had a PM from BillO who had one for sale. Got it this afternoon. Thank you all especially Rancho and BillO. [cheers]
White Feather

Back
Top Bottom