Midway shipping charges

I don't buy from Midway simply beause I'm fed up with seeing Larry's selfies all over the catalog.

Not any more. The cheap c**ksucker did away with the printed "Book O' Everything" - it's digital only now. According to the person I spoke with at Midway, #35 was the last one.

I had to return something to Midway a few months ago. The guy at the Post Office recognized the address and was a big Larry Potterfield fan. Said he has seen him speak at the NRA conventions numerous times. Is that irony or something else?

The only time buying form midway is worth it is if you can get free shipping, or if you are in the area and can do a pickup. Otherwise they bend you over completely on shipping charges. The silly $10 off $50.00 never covers shipping, it is essentially worthless as it is still usually too expensive to make it worth it. Buying just about anything is cheaper elsewhere, try ebay, overstock, amazon. You have to suck up the shipping if you want one of those bags though.

Last edited:
F midway.

I just spoke with the guy on the phone and he was witnessing the same thing and could not explain it. Add roll pins to the order to go over $50 and use $10 off coupon and the shipping jumps up $8. Add in the cost of the pins and it is more expensive than not using the coupons at all. He said that shipping is based on weight, bs. I add more items to the cart to prove this point (more weight) and the shipping charges start coming down. WTF over

edit: [STRIKE=gone]Anyone on the south shore want to get a range back and split the shipping cost? I need 2 more ins.[/STRIKE]
free shipping over 150 is gone

Last edited:
I had an issue with their online system before. I had a legitimate coupon code that was applied to the order but when I got to the final step the discount was removed. I went through with the order anyway. The only way they could "fix it" was by giving me a store credit for the discount amount, which ends up getting killed by shipping anyway.

They also dropped the "dealer discount" for C&R FFL holders, so unless it is on sale when you buy it, it's almost always cheaper to go elsewhere. Brownells seems to be fair about shipping.

The sad part is these places that ship the huge volume of packages get crazy discounts on standard shipping rates. The company I worked for did shipping software. These places get what is called custom rates based on volume. It is not unusual for them to pay less than 50% of what counter rates are.

They also dropped the "dealer discount" for C&R FFL holders, so unless it is on sale when you buy it, it's almost always cheaper to go elsewhere. Brownells seems to be fair about shipping.

Yeah, I got my dealer notification from them last fall. In the end, I put my order through in the most cost effective manner I could. I was between a rock and a hard place.

Midway bag for $50 + shipping which only sells from midway
or
5.11 Bag $75 + shipping
SC bag $120 + shipping

So Midway got me this time, but for anything not branded by them, I will go elsewhere. It was cheapest to use the $5 off $25+ coupon over the $10 off 50$ because you need to add something to your cart because the bag is $49.99. After adding a roll pin, the shipping went up $8.xx and add in the cost of the pin, I am out that $10 savings. Talking to the guy on the phone this morning who was confused too and telling him I am taking my business elsewhere was pretty good, even though it didn't happen.

The only good thing about Midway is their customer service. I ordered a shooting vest from them last fall and one of the pockets wasn't stitched properly, soon as I put some shells in they fell out. Midway gave me a full refund plus shipping both ways. Of course the shipping different, I paid $4 to send it to them and they charged me $12, go figure. Brownells hands down has better pricing, anyone have any customer service experience?

Brownells hands down has better pricing, anyone have any customer service experience?

I busted several punches, several times. They shipped new ones to me on their dime and told me to keep the busted ones. Some were just bent.

I over ordered a bunch of charging handles and accidentially ordered .308 handle. About 5 months after the mess up (my fault) I asked for an Rma. They not only took them back but they e-mailed me a ups return label.

-tapytalk

Back
Top Bottom