• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Midway shipping charges

Urj

There I was sitting in front of my monitor, basking in its cold luminescence having changed my mind on what reloading press to order and canceling yet another order. I log into Midway and load a LNL into my shopping cart, while thinking to myself "How could I possibly be any more badass? Oh yeah! You should spend MORE money you broke bastard!" So I proceed to add some .45ACP dies and a set of calipers. Realizing that if I hadn't canceled my original order I would be getting all of these wonderful new toys for the sale price, saving myself over fifty bucks... but I digress.

After satisfying my daily greed I find that fantastic button, the one that says "proceed to checkout" but really means "Hey pal, you're almost there, click me and you'll have some sweet new shit speeding its way to your front door! PS: The nussies are gonna be all over your schween when they get a load of your Punisheresque shtf gear." When all of the sudden I'm confronted by the one thing that hinders my Midway shopping experience...

Shipping charges! crap!

Friggen $10 to ship a set of calipers. $33.00 to ship a reloading press.

I can understand that the press is heavy, that's not SO bad. But come the eff on $10 for a set of calipers, is Midway out of their friggen mind? Honest to god! Here I am with a $500 order and there's an extra $50 to get my greedy little paws on it!?

Does anyone else find Midway's shipping charges to be excessive or am I an interweb shopping fool?

I don't believe I'm reading this right now. If you could see my shopping cart for midway it sounds like its identical to yours. I hope to save a couple of $$ with my C&R though. I may even call and bust their chops to see if they will waive shipping. Don't forget Hornady is still doing 1K Free bullets with the purchase of a LNL AP!

Stopped buying from them years ago because of their shipping prices. Priority Mail 1st Class is $5 but they refuse to use them. Grafs or Widners have real shipping prices. Use them.

I sent them an email telling them that I bought from Brownell's instead because Midway's prices were lower, but the shipping made it more expensive.

They wrote back thanking me for the complaint.

I get charged an extra dollar or so for everything I get compared to the town next door....

I've never paid more than $13 though... and I've ordered heavy stuff.

I ordered 2 mags for my Remington 7600 and they back ordered one and charged twice the shipping charges. I won't buy from them again unless they are the only place in town to get what I need.

Try ordering something for under $40 dollars:

"A special handling charge of $4 will be added to your order because your total merchandise is less than $40"

Then they provide a list of garbage that you can buy for like $1.79 each.

Excuse me for not needing to purchase $40 worth of stuff every time I shop with you... err... DON'T shop with you, thanks!

Ass hats.

"A special handling charge of $4 will be added to your order because your total merchandise is less than $40"

Excuse me for not needing to purchase $40 worth of stuff every time I shop with you... err... DON'T shop with you, thanks!

Ass hats.

Isn't the handling fee only apply if your on the dealer discount, something about their reduced profit margin on the goods they are selling you?

I shop a great deal online including Midway, Brownells and others. Yesteray I was looking for a small part and I checked out 6 or 7 vendors. All of them had a shipping/handling charge from $6. to $8.00. Now this was a small part!

Brownells has reasonable rates and with my C&R sometimes their prices are lower than others but not always. Midway has good prices but the $4.00 extra on small prices sucks.

Stopped buying from them years ago because of their shipping prices. Priority Mail 1st Class is $5 but they refuse to use them. Grafs or Widners have real shipping prices. Use them.

Er, what? I'm looking at my Midway cart right now. It's got a $50 sight set in it right now (expensive, but small and light), and while the UPS quote is indeed $9.67, they're also offering first class USPS for $2.86. Sounds good to me!

Ass hats.

It used to be anything under $25.

Er, what? I'm looking at my Midway cart right now. It's got a $50 sight set in it right now (expensive, but small and light), and while the UPS quote is indeed $9.67, they're also offering first class USPS for $2.86. Sounds good to me!

The idiots that runs the place probably finally woke up and realized how much business they are losing.

Isn't the handling fee only apply if your on the dealer discount, something about their reduced profit margin on the goods they are selling you?

I wasn't aware of the actual reason. Thank you for clearing that up. That is one of the dumbest rationales I've ever heard.

"We'll give you dealer pricing, but if you don't buy enough goods all at once, we'll negate that by charging you a 'special handling fee' Really, its no extra work on our part, but we'll charge you for it anyway... just so we can keep our numbers up and as a token of our appreciation. Thanks for playing!"

I'm sorry my discounted $39 dollar purchase isn't good enough for you. Perhaps Brownells, Wideners, etc think otherwise...

Good choice on press if you ask me, but then again I like red anyway. It does not matter where I buy my stuff. If I want it now, it may cost more but I don't give a sh1t.

Midway recently charged me a whopping $1.76 to priority mail me a .357 sig barrel for my M&P Fotay. Total cost was $75ish.

i have no complaints either.

OP: i guess it varies by item. i've ordered other stuff from them, most it was light weight though.. holsters, parts ect... nothing too heavy.

i think your beef may lie with the carrier... -just a thought.

IMO, 10% of a total order is NOT that much... just my .02

The 6" calipers were sent USPS regular mail. It was the cheapest option they had. I realize 10% of the total isn't bad but that's exactly what is going on. The press and dies are backordered so they'll be shipped on the 12th the shipping for them was $30something.

The calipers were in stock and sent out asap for $10 shipping. They couldn't wait and put them in with the dies to save me the shipping? A good friend ordered a hammer spring for his handgun. They whacked him just shy of $10 shipping on the one spring!

Perhaps my gripe IS with the carrier but how do I know if Midway is charging the end consumer only the charges the shipping company charges them or if they're inflating them to make extra profit.

yeah, i don't know. if were me, i'd probably call (not holding my breath) and ask that they ship everything together if that were my case (or) wait until the out of stock items were in-stock via e-mail notification before ordering.

crazy stuff!

best of luck to you.

I am resurrecting this thread.

So the "Whats in your range bag" thread got me thinking and I decided to order a new bag. I wanted the 5.11 range bag but I am going to go with the Midway range bag because it is very similar but much cheaper. So for 49.99 I have it in my cart, the shipping says it will be $13. There is coupon for $10 off $50 - E871A6B so I add a roll pin to my cart for $2.50. Recalculate the total and now my shipping cost is $22. So I save 10 off the total but you charge me $9 to ship a roll pin? I remove the roll pin and add some multi survival tool with free shipping to my cart for about $3.50. Recalculate the shipping, it is now $16 to ship the bag. Mind you, I have the bag + something with free shipping in my cart and the price is $3 more to ship than if I didn't have something with "Free shipping" in my cart. Needless to say I won't be processing this order, this type of crap just pisses me off. I will call them tomorrow and see if they can explain this to me or else I will be bringing my business elsewhere, with more straightforward shipping charges. I thought e-bay was the only place you got raped on shipping charges.

Yes I was trying to be cheap and get my coupon but why not?
/rant

I was looking around for a .223 case gauge on midway, brownells and the dillon site earlier today. All were around $10 to ship...a piece of metal the size of a film tube. Give me a break.

Midway has always pissed me off with their massive shipping charges. Maybe that's how Larry Potterfield pays for all those f**king hunting trips that you see photos of in the catalogs.....that they stopped printing. I am completely done with Midway.

Its probably because they use ups and their charges for a piece of lint start at about 10 bucks

You pay for UPS, but end up with US mail. UPS hands off to the post office for final delivery in my area. That adds another day to the delivery.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I've never paid full price for MidwayUSA shipping. There's a few codes out there that perpetually work and discount the overall cost (assuming it's over $50).

I've never paid full price for MidwayUSA shipping. There's a few codes out there that perpetually work and discount the overall cost (assuming it's over $50).

That was in my op. I tried to get the price up over 50 to get 10 off but then the increase in shipping prices negates the savings... The real thing that pisses me off is that if I added something with "Free Shipping" to my cart, they are charging me more to ship the original item that was already in there. I am going to call them this morning and see if I can work this out. If not, possible group buy as previously mentioned. Did anyone want to get in on one of these Midway range bags? I'll bring it over the Members section if so.

Back
Top Bottom