• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Micro Conversion Kits?

Alright is their anyone who can point me in the right direction. I'm thinking of buying an MCK for my 9mm just for the sheer hell of it to be honest as I wanted to give them a try. However with all the mental gun laws that are floating around, and the ATF deciding that you can't have a brace for reasons unbeknownst to the average guy in the street, I'm not sure I even can buy one legally.

In theory they are legal to sell but as soon as I put my pistol in it, by some magic, my pistol becomes a short barreled rifle suddenly. So because of that I need to go to the ATF and pay them some more money for a tax stamp ... for a short barreled rifle .... that I don't have it's a pistol inside a bit of plastic!

The main question then, can I in fact own one in MA, take it to the range, shoot it and go home without being arrested as some kind of criminal?

Alright is their anyone who can point me in the right direction. I'm thinking of buying an MCK for my 9mm just for the sheer hell of it to be honest as I wanted to give them a try. However with all the mental gun laws that are floating around, and the ATF deciding that you can't have a brace for reasons unbeknownst to the average guy in the street, I'm not sure I even can buy one legally.

In theory they are legal to sell but as soon as I put my pistol in it, by some magic, my pistol becomes a short barreled rifle suddenly. So because of that I need to go to the ATF and pay them some more money for a tax stamp ... for a short barreled rifle .... that I don't have it's a pistol inside a bit of plastic!

The main question then, can I in fact own one in MA, take it to the range, shoot it and go home without being arrested as some kind of criminal?
In MA. You are always a criminal

FYI, the ATF pistol brace rule has been enjoined from being enforced against FPC, GOA & SAF members through various lawsuits. If you’re not already a member of one of these organizations, you should be to be included in the injunctive relief. At this point, the rule is effectively impossible to enforce and pretty much dead.

FYI, the ATF pistol brace rule has been enjoined from being enforced against FPC, GOA & SAF members through various lawsuits. If you’re not already a member of one of these organizations, you should be to be included in the injunctive relief. At this point, the rule is effectively impossible to enforce and pretty much dead.
Update: a nationwide preliminary injunction has now been entered against the pistol brace rule. It's enforcement has been suspended until litigation is complete due to the petitioners having a high likelihood of success and the rule causing irreparable harm if enforcement is not prevented.

For anyone that cares; years back my wife gifted me a parts kit she purchased from a company I won’t name here. (Still in business)
As I recall it was about 3 years after the purchase I got a letter from ATF stating I must send certain parts in the kit to them or risk possible penalties because ‘they’ had now decided that the kit was considered a machine gun !!!
The company turned over their sales records faster than a short order cook flipping a burger !
So it comes down to ..... do I feel lucky ?
Good luck.

For anyone that cares; years back my wife gifted me a parts kit she purchased from a company I won’t name here. (Still in business)
As I recall it was about 3 years after the purchase I got a letter from ATF stating I must send certain parts in the kit to them or risk possible penalties because ‘they’ had now decided that the kit was considered a machine gun !!!
The company turned over their sales records faster than a short order cook flipping a burger !
Good luck.
Did you talk to a lawyer? If so, what did they tell you?

Good luck.
Surprised that they turned over the sales records unless they were under threat of endictment had they not. The company I'm thinking of is CAA just for the record.

Back
Top Bottom