Legality of Carbine Conversion Kit

So im looking in MA for a pistol calibre rifle and one of the options I saw was the MechTech CCU. I already own a glock so I could share mag's between my pistol and my rifle. Is this modification to my pistol legal in MA? The CCU can be found here for those who want more details.

I have one, and could never really answer that question to full satisfaction for Connecticut. It appeared to me to be legal, but also appeared to me that a cop could arrest me and then it would be up to the court to decide if it was legal or not.

Which doesn't help you at all I'm afraid.

I can say this - I shot mine yesterday with my wife and a couple of friends who've never shot it before. I've got a couple of 33 round mags for it and a decent red-dot on it. Took it to one of the tactical pits and set up some bowling pins about 100 feet away and everyone just kind of giggled as they plinked at them. It's that kind of gun.

Yes, as long as the resulting rifle complies with the AWB - no folding or adjustable stock, no threaded barrel, etc.

Correction:

... folding or telescoping stock. (that's what the AWB text says)

an *adjustable* stock is fine.

There's some debate over whether a *sliding* (like on rails), but not folding or telescoping (where "telescoping" means "one part goes inside the other, like a telescope") is legal, but for sure a stock that's adjustable with tools or uses spacers is fine.

There are options for fixed stocks and can get one with a perminant muzzle break so should be cool right?

Right. Or just a plain barrel without threads.

When you get it, make sure to get a spare feed ramp. If you lose the one, you'll be bummed. (the rifle won't work)

I just found out about these last week and have been thinking of picking one up. I realized that waiting for a G19 Sub2000 to land in my lap was silly, when I found out about these babies.

Back
Top Bottom