Michael Steele new head of RNC in support of AWB???

Instead of relying on a quote from 3-4 years ago from his Senate campaign, why not wait and see what the man says and does moving forward?

FWIW, Steele said that his views were in line with those of the governor at the time. The governor, Ehrlich, was a very strong proponent of gun rights.

Instead of relying on a quote from 3-4 years ago from his Senate campaign, why not wait and see what the man says and does moving forward?
First because no republican should be saying that ever and second because it is more of the same Republicrat think we have seen from all of them and third because the debate, scrutiny, thought or other consideration of legislation is dropping to ZERO with the sheep (in DC) spooked on the economy.

So, there is no time to sit around and wait for anything given the demonstration we have already had in the past 8 years...

Even with him on our side we have an uphill battle, so the the RNC needs to understand in no uncertain terms that they will loose again in 2010 if they don't at least get the car in reverse right now...

I don't like being an alarmist, but the time for sitting around and waiting for someone else to fix it is long past.

IMO, Steele will move the party away from the centrism. I won't lie, his quote from the Senate campaign disturbs me a great deal, however, I'm going to say that he was catering to the constituency he was trying to get votes from and will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he understands the peril that the Republican Party is in at this time.

Steele is a good guy, but his response to question reveals that he has the totally wrong mindset on this issue.

He needs to hear from lots of people that correcting his misguided position is directly tied to future contributions to the RNC.

I saw him the night he was on with all the other guys trying to get the job. He was the only one that didn't own a gun. Of course that doesn't mean he's anti gun, but he's not a gun owner, so, we probably can't count on him. Too bad, he's a good man.

I can't wait to witness the final death blow of the Republican Party in 2010.

From the ashes will rise a stronger, more conservative party that embraces liberty, small government, freedom and non-interventionism.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. His views on government is pretty conservative for the most part. It may be he is just misinformed on the issue since he isn't a gun owner himself its probably not his most knowledgeable subject.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. His views on government is pretty conservative for the most part. It may be he is just misinformed on the issue since he isn't a gun owner himself its probably not his most knowledgeable subject.

If what you say is true,it's an even bigger problem

If ANY politician needs to be told what to think,instead of having his own opinion,the people they are supposed to serve are already screwed.Especially involving a subject like guns.

If what you say is true,it's an even bigger problem

If ANY politician needs to be told what to think,instead of having his own opinion,the people they are supposed to serve are already screwed.Especially involving a subject like guns.
+1 How can ANY Republican not know about one of the main building blocks in the foundation of the GOP ?? How anybody could give this guy a free pass on this is beyond me.

It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors,the Democrats and the Republicans are all working together to turn this whole country into one gigantic cesspool of diversity dependent upon the government for survival.

Divide.
Disarm.

They have already divided us.

We need to start over.

It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors,the Democrats and the Republicans are all working together to turn this whole country into one gigantic cesspool of diversity dependent upon the government for survival.

We need to start over.
Sadly, I agree with the nut... [laugh]

Just kidding (mostly[wink])...

It's too easy to say "toss it all and start over" though... You have to understand what you are asking for... Look at those who got the prior revolution started - they paid dearly for it... This is NOT what any sane person wants...

While we can still say these things in public without immediate fear of reprisal, we should use those few freedoms we have left and fix it without completely destroying it. There are many good things and good people left that should not be thrown out with the bath water...

We have gotten here because the radicals are better at getting people excited over BS causes that make them feel good... We have hold our noses and to do the same... No face-painting required, but bottom line is public perception is against our way of life and constitution right now. It's only the wisdom of the founders to set these rights as deeply in stone as they did that allows us to keep them at all (witness Great Britain)...

I think the Appleseed idea is a good start, but perhaps still too focused on "hard-core" people... Time to pull out all the stops, start creating community preparedness drives, teach people first aid, basic survival and if they want, they can fire off a few (or even participate in a full on rifle course in an afternoon)...

It sounds corny, but I really think that is the only way short of a bloody nasty revolution to turn back the tide of "gun fear" we have in our culture today...

It would also be good to get people out of this false sense of comfort we have. We seem to assume that if we aren't in Louisiana, then we don't need to worry about natural disasters... That is BS - there are many that _could_ happen here next week. I'd rather some of the sheep around me know basic first aid, my name, CPR, how to fire a gun, basic wound care, water purification, what berries you can eat, etc...

Crap, I sound like a nut now...

Sorry, if there is an "easier" way when all the costs are factored in, please let me know.

If you get involved in such a thing, you had better either assume you are going to die trying or you don't have a realistic view of what it is going to take... Frankly, I don't want to die, rot in political prison or otherwise not be here to protect my family if we fail and the zombies come...

So, as I have said elsewhere, I'm going to empty the paper magazine first...

Divide.
Disarm.

They have already divided us.

We need to start over.

Very true.

The answer is not the Right. It's clearly not the Left. It's Freedom.

Clearly someone needs to take this guy shooting.

That's probably the single most effective thing we can do to protect our RKBA. I've taken two of my liberal Democrat friends shooting so far this year, and they both enjoyed themselves immensely. They both view firearms in an entirely different light now, and see where I'm coming from. One even is thinking about buying a .50 BMG.

What have you done? (Besides preaching to the choir by ranting on a gun board?)

That last comment was intended to prod the collective, not any individual.

Back
Top Bottom