Mexico Blames Gun Woes on 2nd Amendment

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4695848&page=1

Officials: More Than 90 Percent of Weapons Used by Mexico's Drug Gangs Come From the U.S.

...Mexico's strict gun laws are being subverted by the easy availability of weapons in the U.S., the Mexican attorney general, Eduardo Medina-Mora Icaza, told ABC News. "The Second Amendment," said the attorney general, "is certainly not designed to arm and give fire power to organized crime abroad."

More than 3,400 people have been killed by the drug cartels in the last 15 months, 2,000 of them law enforcement officials, according to the Mexican attorney general.

U.S. and Mexican officials say they have traced most of the thousands of high-powered weapons seized from the drug cartels to gun dealers in Texas, California and Arizona.
[rolleyes]

Gee... what a coincidence! We've traced 100% of the illegal Mexicans in the US to Mexico!!

Along with most of the illegal drugs coming to the US![grin]

I was in Mexico a couple of weeks ago on vacation and you wouldn't believe the security they have at the Cancun airport. I happened to push the button going through immigration and natch, my luck it was red, so they did a bag check. I have to admit that all the time I was thinking the checking was in the reverse of common sense. Ofcoarse they are not at all concerned about whats coming out of Mexico.

It was significantly easier to return through customs into the US from Mexico. To add insult to injury, they also had a seperate line for the non Americans that had about 10 people in it while 250 to 300 of us waited in the Disney Style ride line.

Who has the responsibility to patrol the incoming path of a countries border?

Iran doesn't have the responsibility to patrol what goes into Iraq.
The US doesn't have the responsibility to patrol what goes into Mexico
Canada doesn't have the responsibility to patrol what goes into the US
And The US doesn't have the responsibility to patrol what goes into Mexico

Get off your arses Mexico and patrol your own damned border. If you want the US to patrol what goes into your border you better be taking back 10 people for every firearm we take back.

If anyone believes that they must control someone else in order to be "happy" or "make things right", I ask - just how is that working out for you?

Get off your arses Mexico and patrol your own damned border.---doobie
Not likely, because once near the border they would just head north themselves. [grin]

Respectfully,

jkelly

Isn't this why we created NAFTA? Free trade, right?

Mexico Sucks, how did we end up with stupid countries on both our boarders...

Can a foreign national buy a firearm in the US? I didn't think so, I thought you had to at least have a green card.

Wait... you mean criminals are... breaking the law?

There are No ILLEGAL GUNS!!! We need to change the paradigm here. We need to start referring to them as UNDOCUMENTED PROJECTILE ACTUATORS! And they are merely seeking a better work and a better life South of the Border. How can we blame them??

If anyone believes that they must control someone else in order to be "happy" or "make things right", I ask - just how is that working out for you?

Most politicians seem pretty happy to me, so I guess it works for them.
Maybe not working out so great for the rest of us. [thinking]

Seems to me this story's about yet another public-face-saving move by an ineffective government entity trying to 'blame the object,' this time under the guise of blaming US law/law enforcement. Mexico's real problem is endemic organized crime - practically warlordism. To the point that the army arriving in border towns this past week saw the townspeople out cheering their arrival.

Nature abhors a vacuum - and inbalance in the order of things. Mexico has been shipping millions of illegal immigrants and the majority of the drugs coming into this country for decades now. The proper role of firearms in the grand scheme of things is for defense against those who would harm you. If you combine the natural order of things with firearms what you get is a natural migration of firearms to the place where all those things that are harming us are coming from. Once those migratory firearms have brought down the Mexican population of drug smugglers and potential illegal aliens order will be restored to the universe. It's the natural way.

This message has been brought to you in support of Earth Day.

[BROKEN RECORD]

Drug prohibition --> Drug black market --> Drug crime --> The War on Drugs --> Lower supply (not demand) in drug black market --> Higher prices (and profits) in drug black market --> Organized crime --> GUN CONTROL

[/BROKEN RECORD]

[angry]

IMO the only reason the guns probably come from the US is due to cost. Mexican borders are relatively porous overall. If the US banned gun sales tomorrow guns would just be coming up on planes, boats, and mules from south america next to the drugs. The only reason that's not happening already is because the $/kilo ratio on guns is very poor in comparison to high priced street drugs. Make the demand go up a bit and the value
proposition changes.

Anyone see all the nice ATF lies and hyperbole in the pictorials on the ABC news page? Seems like they're going out of their way, spreading the "FiveSeven" myth, among other things. [rolleyes]

Look at this Gem... from one sub article:

"You're looking at the same firepower here on the border that our soldiers are facing in Iraq and Afghanistan," Thomas Mangan, a spokesman in Phoenix for the ATF, said in an interview.

Yeah, I'm sure they found a bunch of RPG-7s smuggled from the US in the
pile, too. [rolleyes]

-Mike

We could make every Mexican who crosses the border take an illegal gun with them and donate it to the Guns for the Needy charity. After all there are so many needy gun owners in the US who have to do without.It just seems right!

Back
Top Bottom