Met my first NES'er the other day

basscatfrank

NES Member
I stopped by the GOAL booth Friday at the Worcester show. Met Mrs. Magnum and purchased a raffle ticket. (She assured me that I would be the winner.) It was nice meeting her and buying the ticket but I have to say it was somewhat dissapointing in the fact that the area where her booth was set up is where the gun dealers used to be. There was not a one to be found at the show this year.

Speaking of dealers, I just called the MFLR to see if they carried the next toy I'm getting. They don't, but they are going to get a price for me. If they are close to what I can get it for elsewhere I am going to get it from them in a show of support in regards to the New Boston controversy.

Yesterday I was at the ham radio fea market in Marloborough. I knew some NESers were going to be there so stitched my (Big_Red) NES patch to my jacket and went trolling. I got 2 hits off the bait and met Turbocharged, BigBird and WetChicken. All 1st rate people (despite being hard-core hams[wink]). I just got into ham radio and they gave me some great coaching.

Back
Top Bottom