Met a victim of violent assault today

June4th

NES Member
The Dell service technician came today to replace some parts in my laptop and he told me that he was assaulted in Lynwood Cafe in Randolph back in February. One of the assailants hit him in the head with shotgun butt several times. He told me he actually wrestled the shotgun out of the guy hands at one time but returned it to him, because he wasn't sure if the gun was loaded or functional. [shocked] And he got hit in the head one more time afterward. He showed me the scars on his head.

The story can be found at: http://wbztv.com/local/pizza.shop.robbery.2.935035.html

Police say three armed, masked men burst into the restaurant and attacked, dragging the bartender behind the counter by her hair.

Two of the men had handguns and the third was brandishing a shotgun, police say. That suspect hit a customer with the butt end of the shotgun.

I was little speechless and didn't pursue the story further. It's weird to say at least.

Even if the gun doesn't work it is still a weapon. He should have know that after getting beat with it.

Learned long ago to never question why someone does what they do in a violent situation. Particularly someone with no such training to prepare for such a situation.

Learned long ago to never question why someone does what they do in a violent situation. Particularly someone with no such training to prepare for such a situation.

It used to be that people knew what to do to survive. Sadly it's being slowly bred out of the species.

It just blows my mind that people don't fight back. AG Coakley says we shouldn't resist, and a lot of people have been hearing that advice for a few decades now.

I'm glad my father taught me when I was young to stand my ground. Then the military taught me that an immediate, explosive violent reaction to an aggressor is very effective.

I am capable of that explosive reaction, but my wife says it isn't training, I'm just a cranky old man!

Isn't a civilian covered under the MGL's (or was it case law?) if he/she doesn't have a license, but removes the attack's gun and uses it on him?

Sounds like exigent circumstances to me. Sounds rediculous too... I know how to find out if it works. Aim the killin' end and pull the friggin' trigger. I hope he was really old to have a good reason to cash in his chips on that wager.

I'm sorry..victim or not.

He's a Dumb Azz.. he deserved getting knocked in the head the second time around for returning the gun to the BGs.

3 armed thugs, 1 unarmed citizen. Citizen manages to disarm one of the thugs, and then returns the weapon to the thug? [shocked][hmmm]

There has got to be more to this story....

Sounds like a legitimate opportunity to beat the living shit out of some tool bag with his own shotgun! In all honesty, if someone whacked me with anything like a shotgun, I'd probably be in big trouble. But then again, this is why I carry.

Jeez, you folks are rough. There were three of them and he managed to disarm one of them, ending up with a weapon that he probably has no idea how to use. The other two were potentially waiting for the two to untangle before busting a cap is his ass.

I haven't been in a sideways situation like that, and I would like to think that I would behave differently, but it is all conjecture. Once the balloon goes up, even the baddest of the bad-asses shit in their pants.

Cut the guy some slack.

Jeez, you folks are rough. There were three of them and he managed to disarm one of them, ending up with a weapon that he probably has no idea how to use. The other two were potentially waiting for the two to untangle before busting a cap is his ass.

I haven't been in a sideways situation like that, and I would like to think that I would behave differently, but it is all conjecture. Once the balloon goes up, even the baddest of the bad-asses shit in their pants.

Cut the guy some slack.

Good point. If he pulled the trigger and got a click instead of a bang, things could have gotten bad. Which is not to say that things were going good. I won't pass judgement on this one.

Considering most people have never looked down the business end of a firearm, I'll give the guy a pass. By luck, or karma, he went home that night.

Still, odd that he got the gun away (not sheepish), then gave it back (baaa).

added:

Were there any other people in the shop at the time of the robbery/assault? Maybe the guy looked around and thought a gunfight was a bad idea and became a witness.

Too many liberals in this world making cowards out of men.. Just close your eyes and pull the damn trigger and watch the other two cowards abandon their dead partner like spineless mice

How dare you say Jack Bauer wouldn't know what to do! [angry] (jk)

But yea, scared sheep, he probably was like "holy f*ck i got his shotgun now what, oh shit, 2 more shotguns, i'm effed" lucky he got to walk out of the place....

3 armed thugs, 1 unarmed citizen. Citizen manages to disarm one of the thugs, and then returns the weapon to the thug?
Perhaps the other two armed thugs were pointing their guns at him while they politely asked that it be returned.

Back
Top Bottom