Meet the newest little Milsurp in the family #2

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
At about 14.25 pounds, and not full grown, is a Flemish Giant Rabbit. 14 months old, and she will be full grown at 2 years. She weighs about a pound more than the other 3 rabbits combined. We're calling her Minerva ("Mini" for short [slap])

t:emoji_rabbit2:
IMG_4660.jpg

Minerva is the Roman Goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge; the Roman clone of the Greek Goddess Athena, right down to the Owl in her hand. This silver Denarius is of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius, 26 April 121 – 17 March 180 AD. Co-emperor with his adopted brother Lucius Veras (161-169), sole emperor 169-177, and then co-emperor with his son Commodus (177-180). This coin dates from 154-155 AD, when Aurelius was Caesar (sort of Crown Prince) under Emperor Antoninus Pius. He is still known today as the "Philosopher Emperor," for his contributions to Stoic Philosophy in "Meditations".

t

IMG_4661.jpg
IMG_4662.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4664.jpg
    IMG_4664.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
PM me for the breeder if you want one. We were going to get a baby, but the whole litter died. This bunny wasn't interested in breeding so we got her instead.

T

Still working on the bun-social integration process. I open the gate about three times a day. Funny, its the little three pounder female (gold) that's fighting her...territory issue...

Pic was this morning...got an hour this afternoon before they started fighting...

t

Attachments

• IMG_4679.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 22
What's yours in mine....Minerva would look into the litter box and they would touch noses a few times before the fighting started...

action photo...ManInBlue...I thought you raised your rabbit better than this!

t

IMG_4680.jpg IMG_4681.jpg

My wife watching TV with the rabbit and our biggest cat tonight. Last August, the cat was 17 pounds and 15 ounces. Rabbit is 14 pounds 4 ounces. I guess the rabbit is extra fluffy.

Does that mean the rabbit floats and the cat sinks? Is she made of wood? Is she a witch?[smile]

t

IMG_1584.jpg

DcY8HStXkAAnJOZ

Starting to settle in. Bunnies starting to explore their new digs.

Recently switched their kibble to Blue Seal; it goes in one and exhaust comes out the other end - or does it? Which is which?

t

IMG_4794.jpg IMG_4796.jpg

Back
Top Bottom