ME ltc non-resident

Anyone have Maine non resident ltc A? Im always going up to our camp in Maine, and figured it might now be a good time to go ahead and apply. Is it a pain to get or fairly painless? Im a Army Vet with my brain intact, so hopefully that helps me in the application process, any info you guys have is greatly appreciated..thanks

Mine just arrived. Took about two months from application to delivery. Used my Utah course and DD 214. 10 pages of application but pretty simple and painless.

Anybody know if a photocopy of my NRA Instructors Certification will pass as proof of knowledge of safety?

My original safety cert is way older than 5 years but I think my Instructors Cert falls within 5 years but there is no issuing date on it. Just an expiration date.

I guess if I have to I can just make out a safety cert for myself as instructed by myself. But that's sure to look weird from an LEO's perspective.

ETA: Never mind. I just read ME has reciprocity with NH so I'm golden.

ETAA: Double never mind. Totally read that reciprocity thing wrong.

I'll send along the cert copy.

Last edited:
Anybody know if a photocopy of my NRA Instructors Certification will pass as proof of knowledge of safety?
It worked for me, but I'd suggest sending a copy of the MA instructor's certificate as well.

I know its already been said but want to be clear, my safety course I took in MA about 2 years ago will qualify as having already taken a safety course for the ME Non-Res? I am a Army Vet, so I will need a copy of my MA safety course certificate, my DD214, and a photocopy of my MA Ltc to go along with 2 passport photos? One more question, what is the length of the permit in ME, is it as long as the MA ltc, or shorter due to being out of state? Thanks for helping guys.

I know its already been said but want to be clear, my safety course I took in MA about 2 years ago will qualify as having already taken a safety course for the ME Non-Res? YES
I am a Army Vet, so I will need a copy of my MA safety course certificate, my DD214, YES
and a photocopy of my MA Ltc to go along with 2 passport photos? YES
One more question, what is the length of the permit in ME, is it as long as the MA ltc, or shorter due to being out of state? 5 YEARS

They may require copy of birth certificate too. Non Resident application can be found HERE along with many other Maine and Federal laws.

thanks for the info, I also went and checked the link on your site, helped out alot..only thing I see that doesnt sound the same is I believe I saw on the link the license was for 4 years not 5...hopefully I read it wrong or that its out of date, cause naturally 5 years would be better...Now the $60 I pay for the application process is what I will pay every 5 years, correct? Thanks again

8. Term of permit. All concealed firearm permits are valid for 4 years from the
date of issue, unless sooner revoked for cause by the issuing authority. If a permit
renewal is issued before the expiration date of the permit being renewed or within 6
months of the expiration date of the permit being renewed, the permit renewal is valid for
4 years from the expiration date of the permit being renewed.

SOURCE

thanks again MaineCWP, I went ahead and have fully read the laws and application for the CCW permit, filled it out and just need to make a copy of my DD214 and birth certificate...appreciate the help!

I just got my non-res Maine LTC/CCW in the mail last week... they cashed my check about a week after I sent in my completed application, and a month after they cashed the check it came in the mail.

The checklist on the application should make it easy, especially if you have a DD-214 handy, I hope you didn't pay for a passport photo, I just sent them a 2x2 printed photo of myself I had some one quickly snapped at work, and they took it.

ALSO, mine was issued Jan. 2010, due to expire Jan. 2014

Great, hopefully I dont have to wait the full two months either...I havent sent it out yet, and no, I didnt pay to have a pasport photo taken...was planning on the same method you took...after I get that one I will apply for my NH non res CCW....just gonna let the dust settle with the wife first..haha

Back
Top Bottom