• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MD - Woman Kills AK-47 Wielding Intruder In Shootout

A woman in northern Baltimore County shot and fatally injured an intruder Friday morning at her home in Glen Arm, police said.

>snip<

The homeowner, whose name and age were not made available, told officers that she had surprised a man breaking into her house and that he had fired several shots at her, according to Lt. Robert McCullough, a spokesman for the county police force.....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-md-co-fatal-intruder-20110107,0,687507.story

A man died in the Glen Arm area Friday morning after he exchanged gunfire with a woman, whose home he was apparently attempting to burglarize, according to Baltimore County police.

The man was armed with an AK-47; the woman wielded a handgun, police said.

>snip<

The woman told police that she’d exchanged gunfire with a male intruder.....

http://www.explorebaltimorecounty.c...unfire-with-attempted-burglar-who-later-died/

McCullough said it appears that the man may have taken his own life. He said an AK-47 assault rifle was found inside the truck with him.

Police said they originally thought the case may have been a burglary attempt but now are looking into other motives.

>snip<

Glen Arm resident Mike Lance said a neighbor told him what she witnessed.

"She saw a pickup truck and a guy got out in camouflage gear and a mask. She saw him walking towards there," he said.....

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26400594/detail.html

smiley-shocked003.gif

I can't wait for the "of course he couldn't hit anything, he had an AK" comments [grin]

That scene must have been pretty insane. Wow. Good on her for surviving through sound personal defense.

"of course he couldn't hit anything, he had an AK!"

You happy?! Heh.

Pretty impressive that she kept her head about her, and he took the proper way out.

"of course he couldn't hit anything, he had an AK!"

You happy?! Heh.

Pretty impressive that she kept her head about her, and he took the proper way out.

I agree that she sure beat the odds, and must have been a good shot and/or pretty focused, or both .

Maryland is as F*ck up as MA when it comes to gun laws. I won't be surprised if she's charged with something.
I was born in MD, and always thought I would retire there.... but not now.

but according to anti gun people AK-47 and super Evil/communist looking guns are way more dangerous than anything out there?

this just proves that its not what gun or caliber you are using, but the shot placement. And that an assault weapon ban is pointless.

a .22LR in between the eyes is better than 7.62 all over the floor and walls.

I think he was using wolf, and she shot at him from the doorway that was smaller than a twin size mattress, thats why his bullets never connected.

-Mike

Though the man killed in the incident apparently died of gunshot wounds, Maryland’s State Medical Examiner office will perform an autopsy to officially determine the cause of death, McCullough said.

Save the taxpayers some money, the cause of death is "Lead Poisoning". [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom