• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MCX Regulator

I agree that the benefits of a shotgun with a. regular stock don't translate to a magazine fed rifle.
My point was to illustrate that it's not a big deal and can be adapted to.

It will result in more muzzle climb. In case others don't understand why, I'll explain. An AR stock puts the bore down low, almost even with your shoulder, so the recoil tends to be straight back. A traditional stock brings the bore up to meet your eye. So the bore Line is above your shoulder and recoil tends to make the muzzle rise.

You can fix this with a muzzle brake. I have a brake that on an AR actually depresses the muzzle with every shot. So it would probably work well on this. But a brake comes with its own set of issues. Either way, to build this as a zero feature rifle, you would need to permanently affix a brake. But super effective brakes tend to be louder and more concussive.

Yes, adjusting LOP on the fly wouldn't be possible with existing stock choices.

But I think you are missing my point. Which is not that this is just as good as a traditional AR. But that if you live in a ban state where your choice is a fixed mag or bolt action traditional AR, or this. This is a far better choice in almost all use cases.

Don

But I think you are missing my point. Which is not that this is just as good as a traditional AR. But that if you live in a ban state where your choice is a fixed mag or bolt action traditional AR, or this. This is a far better choice in almost all use cases.

Don

I did miss your point. But I agree with it. I’d take a Fightlite SCR over a Mini-14 any day of the week and I could definitely make it work.

I did miss your point. But I agree with it. I’d take a Fightlite SCR over a Mini-14 any day of the week and I could definitely make it work.
One disadvantage to the sig is that you are locked into an sig upper.

The fight light can take any upper. Including the Sigs. So if you want something short and light, you are good. If you want a 6 mm arc on a bull barrel to reach out and touch someone, then that works too.

One disadvantage to the sig is that you are locked into an sig upper.

The fight light can take any upper. Including the Sigs. So if you want something short and light, you are good. If you want a 6 mm arc on a bull barrel to reach out and touch someone, then that works too.

The only thing the Sig has going for it is if MA passes the current senate bill and then the SCR becomes a “copy or duplicate” of a Colt AR-15 because it uses the same charging handle and extractor. As ridiculous as that is.

The only thing the Sig has going for it is if MA passes the current senate bill and then the SCR becomes a “copy or duplicate” of a Colt AR-15 because it uses the same charging handle and extractor. As ridiculous as that is.
Great point.

Does the SCR use the same fire control parts as an AR? There is some case law (which I dont' have time to look up now) that suggests that commonality of fire control parts makes it a derivative.

There is also some case law around the bolt. After the original CT AWB which banned the "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" . there was a case in Fed court where the decision determined that to be a derivative it needed to use the same bolt. The judge described the bolt as "the heart and lungs of the firearm". So after that .223 ARs were legal in CT until the stricter AWB enacted in 2013 after Newtown.

Last edited:
I believe the senate bill as-is would ban this gun because it has too many scary features from the factory, and the senate bill has a no compliance work clause.

I believe the senate bill as-is would ban this gun because it has too many scary features from the factory, and the senate bill has a no compliance work clause.

Did they really add a barrel shroud to the rifle definition? I didn’t keep up with everything. I’m assuming the barrel shroud was just for the pistol definition like it has been.

Back
Top Bottom