McCloskey’s Pardoned

The St. Louis couple who was famously pictured wielding guns as Black Lives Matter demonstrators marched outside their property last year received a pardon from Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, his office announced Tuesday.

The pardons for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, two attorneys in their 60s, were granted July 30. In total, Parson, a Republican, granted 12 pardons and two commutations.

WHO IS KIMBERLY GARDNER, MISSOURI PROSECUTOR AT CENTER OF MCCLOSKEY CASE?

The pair pleaded guilty to misdemeanors in connection with the June 2020 incident and were ordered to pay fines. Mark McCloskey, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor fourth-degree assault for threatening the passersby with an AR-15 rifle and was fined $750.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their St. Louis neighborhood during a protest against then-Mayor Lyda Krewson in June 2020.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their St. Louis neighborhood during a protest against then-Mayor Lyda Krewson in June 2020. (DANIEL SHULAR/via REUTERS)
Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to harassment and was given a $2,000 fine. They did not lose their law licenses or their firearms.

"It's a correction of something that should have never happened in the first place," Mark McCloskey told Fox News of the pardons.

The pair were both vilified and celebrated after images went viral showing them pointing weapons at BLM demonstrators who ingressed into the property inside a gated community. They eventually ventured onto a private street near the McCloskey's mansion.

The crowd was marching toward the home of then-Mayor Lyda Krewson amid nationwide protest over the police killing of George Floyd.

Mark McCloskey was seen holding a rifle while his wife appeared to be holding a handgun with her finger on the trigger.

The confrontation pitted Second Amendment and property-rights activists against Black Lives Matter supporters. The McCloskeys became famous in conservative circles and even gave a speech on the first night of the 2020 Republican National Convention.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner initially lodged weapons and evidence tampering charges against the pair but was legally removed from the case after defense attorneys argued she exploited the prosecution in a fundraising email to constituents.

Gotta love how the AGs office tampered with evidence, then, when caught, decided to try to charge the victims of their tampering with "tampering".

"Ingressed into the property inside a gated community" - "ventured onto a private street" - wow the media can't escape weasel words to excuse f***ing terrorists. They broke down an iron gate, and were on these peoples lawn shouting death threats. And in their driveway. And on their shared private drive.

When der kopsch kick down a door, do they "ingress into a property, having ventured into the private foyer"?

I don’t understand why they were not pardoned before the plea. There wasn’t a need to wait, it was a BS charge, pardon them and move on.

Because you can't pardon someone who is not guilty. To accept a pardon you have to admit guilt to the crime.

Because you can't pardon someone who is not guilty. To accept a pardon you have to admit guilt to the crime.

not at the federal level. A POTUS can pardon before there’s even an investigation. Maybe Missouri law is different

Anyone know if this now leaves them as prohibited persons, unable to ever own firearms again?

If so, you can bet the DNC/BLM terrorists will be back to finish the job.

Good job it was Missouri and not Commichusetts! Yes, it stinks all around but up here it would be an immediate unsuitable and then you get spend a few hundred thousand trying to get it reversed.

I still [rofl] at the pictures of them. I still say I'd be on a lawn chair on the patio there with my rifle next to me. That's it. And I've had had Maude there sit inside and stop booger-banging that gun. Same overall outcome (trampled grass, broken gate) but no big publicity.

I still [rofl] at the pictures of them. I still say I'd be on a lawn chair on the patio there with my rifle next to me. That's it. And I've had had Maude there sit inside and stop booger-banging that gun. Same overall outcome (trampled grass, broken gate) but no big publicity.
Your going to start a shit storm on here with those tactics😂😂😂👍🏻

I think the prosecution was politically motivated

As was the Pardon

Why did they plead out? They should have had people lining up to help them

But that being said, they didn't do the 2A cause any favor IMHO

Tactically they made all sorts of mistakes IMHO including giving up cover, giving up the advantage of a second story shooting position, etc.... and if the crowd rushed them, even if they got shots off, they were going to be overcome by sheer numbers and in the worst case scenario shot with their own weapon (although it is rumored one was non functional)

Tactically they made all sorts of mistakes IMHO including giving up cover, giving up the advantage of a second story shooting position, etc.... and if the crowd rushed them, even if they got shots off, they were going to be overcome by sheer numbers and in the worst case scenario shot with their own weapon (although it is rumored one was non functional)
This.
They should have been on the second floor balcony, that has stone railings.
The rifle should have been out of sight but within reach, and their mouths shut. And I would also have had a lot more ammo than the 30 rounds that were in the magazine.
But hind sight is 20/20 and I have no idea if he had any formal training.
What I do think is truly ridiculous is that they were even charged. I think that defending ones home and loved ones is a basic human right that is as old as time.

Such bullshit, plead guilty to defending your home in order to be granted a pardon. Guilty of what?
your only guilt is for i am hungry - a wolf says to a lamb.

an antifa mob is a wolf now, and government fully supports that, in order to provoke more and more chaos and then throw military at everybody.

They should have held ultimate high ground. Call in a chopper or two. A gunship to keep the crowds at bay and a slick to move in fast to get them out of Dodge if it got that bad.

Even better would have been a B-2 on standby from Whiteman. Come in hot. Drop a few bunker-busters and head back to base. Sure the house would be a loss, but people wouldn't be walking thru their property anymore.

Hmmm.... plead not guilty, get convicted, are you not elegible for a pardon? No admission of guilt there...

you were FOUND guilty so then you can get a pardon. You don't need to admit guilt if a jury of your peers judged your guilt.

Back
Top Bottom