May have misplaced my boys... but I won't have to sleep on the couch

Heck, my wife still trots out examples from early in our marriage that I had plainly forgotten about!!! I'm telling you, a wife has a mind like a steel trap and she will NOT let you forget.

So true.... [rofl]

I have yet to meet a woman that does not have a mental rolodex in her brain of every time you've wronged her. That minor gaffe you committed
3 years ago will not be forgotten, and will be brought up when it's convenient for her to wield it as a weapon against you. [laugh]

-Mike

I'll add another +1 to the three account setup. After we got married, I quickly realized that my wife's daily coffee habit (I only drink coffee on rare occasions) would nickel and dime us to death. I set up two additional checking type accounts, and we have a set amount that goes to our discretionary spending each month. At that point, the money is yours to do with what you will, no questions asked. I'm currently saving up mine to fund an EBR purchase! [smile]

So true.... [rofl]

I have yet to meet a woman that does not have a mental rolodex in her brain of every time you've wronged her. That minor gaffe you committed
3 years ago will not be forgotten, and will be brought up when it's convenient for her to wield it as a weapon against you. [laugh]

-Mike

The gaffe's you committed 3 years ago is bad enough. My wife swears we've had conversations or that I've made gaffe's that never happened.

Me: You said...
Her: No, I didn't...
Me: Yep, remember that it happened during <time/event> on this <day>.
Her: No, that never happened...
Me: [shocked]

First, I'm a very strong believer in Honesty is the best policy.

Second, If you agreed to discuss "large purchases" before making them, stick to that agreement. She trusts you, honor that trust.

I am a huge advocate of 3 accounts - Joint account for bills which each person places a fixed amount into and bills are paid out of and two personal accounts for discressionary spending. Savings for other joint purchases (House, Furniture, Vacations, etc) could be in a fourth acount. This provides everyone with "play" money and a sense of independance.

Your spouse should be your deepest and truest friend. If you are doing something you feel the need to hide from them, you're doing something wrong. Hiding and Secrets only leads to distrust and suspicion.
"If I had to "catch" him on this, what else don't I know about because I haven't caught him yet?"

BTW - plan on proposing to my girlfriend this weekend. She's not a gun person but is very accepting of my gun collection and shooting.

Your spouse should be your deepest and truest friend. If you are doing something you feel the need to hide from them, you're doing something wrong. Hiding and Secrets only leads to distrust and suspicion.
"If I had to "catch" him on this, what else don't I know about because I haven't caught him yet?"

BTW - plan on proposing to my girlfriend this weekend. She's not a gun person but is very accepting of my gun collection and shooting.

Honesty on gun spending works for some, not so much for others! [wink]

Congratulations on the proposal! I hope she isn't reading here or your surprise is ruined! [wink]

First, I'm a very strong believer in Honesty is the best policy.

Second, If you agreed to discuss "large purchases" before making them, stick to that agreement. She trusts you, honor that trust.

I am a huge advocate of 3 accounts - Joint account for bills which each person places a fixed amount into and bills are paid out of and two personal accounts for discressionary spending. Savings for other joint purchases (House, Furniture, Vacations, etc) could be in a fourth acount. This provides everyone with "play" money and a sense of independance.

By reading that I could tell your not married yet[rofl]

JK....it's good advice....and congrats and good luck on the proposal! [smile]

Someone needs to do the research and publish a book on womanspeek giving the true meaning of all terms, looks, body language, etc'. That person would make a damn fortune!

With mine it's not the guns, it's the $$$$$$$$$. She' would be perfectly fine if I had an arsenal, as long as they were obtained for free [laugh][laugh]

Someone needs to do the research and publish a book on womanspeek giving the true meaning of all terms, looks, body language, etc'. That person would make a damn fortune!

Impossible .........

Womanspeak is a contextual based language, and designed not to be understood, even by those speaking it.

Impossible .........

Womanspeak is a contextual based language, and designed not to be understood, even by those speaking it.

Yeah, what would be the point?

A one sentence summary that would be as accurate as a book-

"I never mean what I say except when I do."

One of our early agreements, in relation to the finances, was a "big purchase discussion and mutual approval" agreement.

I thought this was kind of funny considering that you are a lawyer. By the time the year is over you will probably have another 20 or so "agreements" drawn up. [wink]

You seem to have created a problem that needn't exist. You have wrongfully categorized the AR purchase. The AR purchase is not applicable to the "big purchase discussion and mutual approval" agreement.

As I have mentioned here before, you have a duty to own the same primary battle rifle of your country's military. Owning an AR-15 type rifle is a necessity not a luxury. The AR purchase is no different than buying homeowner's insurance and should be categorized as such.

Items such as built in swimming pools and boats fall under the "big purchase discussion and mutual approval" agreement. Not the AR.

You need to clear this up as soon as possible with the other party and before the actual purchase.

Back
Top Bottom