• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maxim Gun At Nahant Library Photo

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I just received the photo of myself with the WWI German Maxim Gun, which was captured by Alvin York and his men on 10/8/18, during the battle of Argonne in France. This example was built by Erfurt in March of 1918. It's chambered for 7.92x57 (aka 8mm Mauser) The gun is missing the the snail-drum belt magazine.
For those that missed the public display in Nahant, you'll have to go see it in it's new permanent home at the Museum of Applachia in Tennessee.
=
York_Maxim.jpg

With the interest in WW1 Maxim guns...

Shameless plug to those who want to shoot one, come to the Hanson MG Shoot May 30 & 31 www.hansonshoot.com and shoot my original MG08/15 Maxim...

P1020765-1.jpg

Sadly I can't say mine was captured by alvin york, but since it made its way over here, I am sure some brave WWI USGI captured it...

maxim

those were common bring backs as it was legal.I know where there is a sled mounted heavy maxim bring back never been registered,and may never.it will stay there.

Back
Top Bottom