• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MassFishHunt 2011

Personal liberty comes with responsibility. While I'm not hot on paying the fees that keep the dept. afloat, it's a hunter's responsibility to protect and respect the herd, through conservation and education of new hunters.

Hunter's ed is a huge help to get people up to speed and help them stay within the bs laws they allowed in this state. It's also a time tested program to give some basic knowledge, since it isn't covered in our schools.

The Fish and Game department is needed to perform conservation duties that modern huntsmen are either too busy for, don't know enough, or don't care enough to do themselves. Sure man, it's a right, I'm not going to argue that, but it's not codified as protected, and you happen to be living in a place where hunters are looked at with disdain, even more so the ones that use big evil guns.

So yes, I agree with the essence of your argument, and I'm tempering that agreement with the fact that we are not free men in a state ruled by common sense and focused on the common good. We're a fringe group, less palatable than hipsters by the general population, and even marginalized within groups that should be allied. (FUDD, really?) So yeah, I agree, it's a right, the right to feed one's family has always been a right, and sometimes falls on the wrong side of the law, and we both know what happens then.

Back
Top Bottom