Massachusetts>Texas

There's a difference between a state office building and personal property. If someone comes onto my property loudly asserting their right to be armed, it's not going to go well for them.

That has absolutely nothing to do with binding signage, though. And binding signage is not, nor has ever been required to legally kick someone off your property. It's an "Extraordinary Privilege" being provided to property owners by the state to wield the force of law against a specific class of individual. That privilege exists for absolutely nothing else.

-Mike

A more relevant situation would be a delivery person or skilled tradesman who arrives with an explicit or implicit invite to perform a task, and happens to be armed. Do you feel that person should be criminally charged if you have a no guns signs your door?

I suppose someone invited to my home and saw such a sign would either have to refuse to enter, stow their weapon off my property, or ask for permission. A work order is not an open invite to do whatever they like.

Also, what is this "not going to go well for them" - are you implying that you are going to do tough guy stuff, or just ask them to leave and call the PD if they do not?

I'd probably start by informing them they are trespassing and play it by ear from there. Assuming how unhinged they seemed would probably inform my temperament.

That has absolutely nothing to do with binding signage, though. And binding signage is not, nor has ever been required to legally kick someone off your property. It's an "Extraordinary Privilege" being provided to property owners by the state to wield the force of law against a specific class of individual. That privilege exists for absolutely nothing else.

-Mike

That's a fair point. My position is that they are nowhere near the level of MA gun laws for someone to say MA>TX for gun ownership.

I don't know VT can stuff it as of late in that regards.

VT is at a sort of flop over point. The garbage the bloomberg faction passed there is largely meaningless and unenforceable,
but it's only a matter of time before that paves the way for far more onerous laws to be passed there.

-Mike

I suppose someone invited to my home and saw such a sign would either have to refuse to enter, stow their weapon off my property, or ask for permission. A work order is not an open invite to do whatever they like.
Suppose that person quietly does his/her work with the concealed gun and due to some happenstance you notice the person is armed. You tell him/her to leave and (s)he does. Is it your position that the person should be subject to criminal sanctions?

Lot's of trade offs with "free states". Shit until recently NH would still arrest you for having some plant matter in your possession.
Are you driving from Brownsville to El Paso? I don't know your route, but just mentioning many people drive through the panhandle, or drive from Houston to Laredo and think Texas sucks, and yea, that drive DOES suck. Its a big state, but we got our not so great areas and moonbats too.

Yeah Austin is pretty much MA junior....might even be worse in a lot of ways.

Binding signage is full retard, but TX seems to be a pretty awesome state overall.

I've only been once, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas FW and only a week to see all 3 locations. Austin was muggy and hot, great BBQ, full of liberals and retard prices for everything....felt like I was in a hot version of MA. San Antonio had a river walk thing which was cool for a day, Dallas was big, hot as balls but less muggy than Austin. If I had to choose one of those cities to live in it would probably be suburban DFW.

I've always argued that while any law is an infringement, we could have it much worse in Mass than we do.

Obvious cons are the unclear rules on what we can and can't have, 'assault weapons' ban and no clear rules for a permit being issued.

However, overlooking those, once you fight your way through the muddle of BS and have an unrestricted permit, you're pretty much clear for carry everywhere except schools and federal buildings. Arizona you can't go into a store that sells booze, while in Mass you're able to sit at the bar and have a drink or two while carrying (subject to unclear rules about "influence").

I rate us about midway on the suck-o-meter personally, with Alaska being awesome and Hawaii being poop - mainly because I can overlook the AR rules (I prefer the SKS, so none of the AWB touched me, yet) and overpriced Glocks (fine, I'll get the Ruger). I don't like it, and I'll support your ghey ARs, but it doesn't effect me.
Lol...you stay clear until your next renewal. Hope the new CLEO is not a POS commie that hates guns. Or hope you dont move into a red town.

This state f***ing s@cks for gun owners. You cant even defend yourself. You cant save someone else's life.

If I see someone getting raped and stabbed, you know what I would do in MA? ... I would call the cops as I walk the other way. That is not the right thing to do, but will you guys pays several thousand (maybe $100K) to defend me, while also paying my mortgage and then give me a job? ... assuming they dont find me guilty of helping someone and throw me in jail.

How is MA so great?

Who cares if a store owner doesnt want guns in HIS store. HIS store, HIS rules. I cant even remember the last time I had to walk into a store to buy anything outside of CVS and a golf store today.

I would rather be in a state where I can defend myself and know that if I'm not a full blown retard, I wont go to jail.

Ma is still better than Florida. Here you can carry in a place that serves alcohol in Florida you can't
I believe the FL ban is on places that are "primarily devoted to such purpose" (alcohol sales by the drink), so this is a "bar ban" and not a "restaurant ban".

Try telling me MA is better than FL after you have had your LTC revoked for exercising your right to remain silent and had your attorney explain the appellate court has already upheld that practice as proper and legally valid.

I believe the FL ban is on places that are "primarily devoted to such purpose" (alcohol sales by the drink), so this is a "bar ban" and not a "restaurant ban".

Try telling me MA is better than FL after you have had your LTC revoked for exercising your right to remain silent and had your attorney explain the appellate court has already upheld that practice as proper and legally valid.

Many states have a ban on carry in bars. This is a very old and long standing thing. In Texas it's places where 51% of sales are derived from alcohol, and they're supposed to post signs so you know. It sucks, I disagree with it, but it's how it works there.

In MA, you can bet your goddamn bippy that we'd be in serious trouble if it wasn't for the fact that we've successfully managed to avoid any binding signage laws. With one law, the legislature could easily take that away, and I'm actually surprised no one has gotten around to it yet.

MA is far worse than 95% of the rest of the country. NJ and NY are the two that come to mind that are worse. Maybe HI, but I'm not familiar enough with their gun laws to say for sure. California is rapidly racing to get ahead of us, and apparently Washington has thrown it's name into the ring for shittiest places for gun owners as well.

So yes, there are worse places for gun owners, but not many, and Texas is sure as hell not one of them.

I don't have issue with states that have those kinds of laws. South Carolina has that too. If they hang the sign in accordance with the regs, it's a criminal offence to carry a concealed weapon on the property.

Property owners should be able to prohibit people carrying on their property if they so choose. Vote with your wallets.

I fail to see how not being able to walk into one of the few stores that bothers to prohibit concealed carry is anywhere near as restrictive as the current state of MA law.

Well of COURSE, YOU wouldn't mind it! You're a flaming liberal.

NOBODY here has suggested that a business shouldn't be able to deny service to anyone they choose. But the remedy for the hoplophobes is to tell the person to LEAVE and to call the po po if the person refuses to leave. You appear okay with sending the person to jail for 10 years. That's stupid. That's immoral. That's unconstitutional. You know, all the things you love so.

Well of COURSE, YOU wouldn't mind it! You're a flaming liberal.

NOBODY here has suggested that a business shouldn't be able to deny service to anyone they choose. But the remedy for the hoplophobes is to tell the person to LEAVE and to call the po po if the person refuses to leave. You appear okay with sending the person to jail for 10 years. That's stupid. That's immoral. That's unconstitutional. You know, all the things you love so.

Take a couple deep breaths man. You're gonna have a heart attack.

Nope. My meds prevent that.

You've made your position quite clear in various threads. It's no surprise to anyone that you support the collapse of Western Civilization.

Oh ok. Couldn't walk into a jamba juice with your pistol, society is over. RIP modern civilization.

I'm not sure id agree with that. I'd take the gun laws in ME, NH, VT over TX anyday. They've been living off of their reputation for too long.

I'll walk back my statement and clarify that when I mentioned "NE" I was specifically thinking of CT and MA. However, I can't say I disagree with you in your comparison.

But do you need a license that can be revoked at will at any time just to own a gun? So.... Trade offs...
TX is better for buying and owning. MA is better for carrying.

I don't have issue with states that have those kinds of laws. ...
Property owners should be able to prohibit people carrying on their property if they so choose. Vote with your wallets.
If the property owner wants me to leave, they can say so and then I either leave or get charged with trespassing. That's quite different from the state throwing me in cuffs before I'm ever asked to leave. What you're proposing is turning to the government to solve problems that can be solved without it.

No, Texas is not the gun mecca many claim it to be, but being shy of that doesn't make anywhere near the NE retardation. Not even close.
NH is better for guns than Texas...

I've always argued that while any law is an infringement, we could have it much worse in Mass than we do.

Obvious cons are the unclear rules on what we can and can't have, 'assault weapons' ban and no clear rules for a permit being issued.

However, overlooking those, once you fight your way through the muddle of BS and have an unrestricted permit, you're pretty much clear for carry everywhere except schools and federal buildings. Arizona you can't go into a store that sells booze, while in Mass you're able to sit at the bar and have a drink or two while carrying (subject to unclear rules about "influence").
This. For buying and owning, MA sucks, but for carrying it's one of the best states. I've been to states where I literally couldn't go out to dinner without dropping my carry gun at the hotel first because restaurants serve alcohol and I'd be breaking the law by stepping in. That's insane to me. I've also been in a situation where I looked for a "no guns" sign as I walked into a business, knowing that I had to obey these signs; it took ten minutes of being inside for me to notice a tiny little sign behind the door - I couldn't gone to jail for that if I was caught. MA has none of this BS.

Oh ok. Couldn't walk into a jamba juice with your pistol, society is over. RIP modern civilization.

Not so much that as the idea that doing so could result in going to jail. Which, of course you know.

Even you should be able to understand how wrong that is.

As for the fall of WC, that is the ultimate goal of your Goddess, Hillary. The Jamba Juice bit is simply one, small symptom of the larger disease.

I'd thought I'd share some sad reality that despite all the "Texas is so gun loving" propaganda, the nitty gritty is that it's actually far WORSE than Massachusetts gun laws. Their ironically named 30.06 and now 30.07 signage laws dictate up to a 10 year prison sentence for simply walking into an establishment that doesn't wish to have guns. And the signs are literally everywhere. How is a state gun friendly with this severe of a punishment possible? It isn't....FWIW with a permit and walk into a bar in Texas, you're doing more time than being without an LTC and carrying a post ban hi cap mag and shouting MAGA in Massachusetts....

And since I'm flaming Texas, the only thing "bigger" here is the fast food and insane Cult churches...

Best reason to live in Texas, no Ma**h***s (if you are a Ma**h***, it's meant for you, not just everyone). Keep telling yourself it's better in Mass. You can hunt hogs with full auto suppressed guns, at night, with spotlights or NVG's. No need for a fishing license if you are fishing from shore, might just be public parks, haven't looked into it closely. More deer than you could ever hunt. Don't know about bird hunting.

Your vehicle doesn't turn into slag in 5 years. Class III dealers all up and down I59/69.

Friendlier people, better looking women, yup, you guys stay up there.

Best reason to live in Texas, no Ma**h***s (if you are a Ma**h***, it's meant for you, not just everyone). Keep telling yourself it's better in Mass. You can hunt hogs with full auto suppressed guns, at night, with spotlights or NVG's. No need for a fishing license if you are fishing from shore, might just be public parks, haven't looked into it closely. More deer than you could ever hunt. Don't know about bird hunting.

Your vehicle doesn't turn into slag in 5 years. Class III dealers all up and down I59/69.

Friendlier people, better looking women, yup, you guys stay up there.
This thread isn't about any of that... Not sure why you feel the need to defend Texas with so much passion but no one here said anything about fishing licenses or women...

I spend a lot of time in Texas. A lot if time traveling.

I like Texas. I am treated well there.

I travel the country and am treated well everywhere.

2 ways to do it. wait till there is a problem and then plead ignorant. if that doesn't go well then plead entitled.

Or, ... read the laws ahead of time. Be respectful when you get there. You would be pleased to know the group that joins you into and the respect they return to you.

So many replies to this thread are obviously listening to fake news or are going with the ignorant/entitled line.

You can have the final word.

This thread isn't about any of that... Not sure why you feel the need to defend Texas with so much passion but no one here said anything about fishing licenses or women...

Um, the thread was bashing Texas. I was just expanding the discussion from a single, narrow view to a wider one.

Why is everyone triggered by the fact that Mass actually has one good thing over these other states that you can actually carry practically anywhere you want ignore the signs and if they serve alcohol just make sure you're not drunk. Hopefully with Trump's new Supreme Court Justice we can actually get all these stupid assault weapon bans and gun laws overturned anyways and mass can be back to where it should be constitutional open carry.

Here in MA, it is vital we make our voices heard at election time. Not just the general election but also at the primaries.

If you look at the turnout numbers, it's deplorable.

In some ways, we have ourselves to blame.

VOTE.

Talk to people, encorouge them to VOTE.

Did I mention .... VOTE.

Back
Top Bottom