• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts suing EPA over wood burning stoves

My pellet stove is something like 86% or 87% efficient. When it's burning there's only a brief puff of smoke when the stove starts a new burn cycle. Once it's going there's nothing to see. There's no smoke going out of the chimney, What does these people actually think? That they can force someone legally to violate the laws of thermodynamics with a judges order?

Could someone please explain this?
Wood stoves represent a heat source that can’t be regulated or shut off at a central office if your 2025 social credit score is too low or you’ve posted unsanctioned thoughts online.

They are also most likely used by rural customers, which vote the wrong way and should be punished.

Eventually wood burning will be illegal.

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out you get you.

— Anonymous

They want to put catalytic converters on wood stoves

My pellet stove is something like 86% or 87% efficient. When it's burning there's only a brief puff of smoke when the stove starts a new burn cycle. Once it's going there's nothing to see. There's no smoke going out of the chimney, What does these people actually think? That they can force someone legally to violate the laws of thermodynamics with a judges order?

Did you read the article?

This isn’t about efficiency or thermodynamics or CO2 emissions, it’s about particulate emissions.

I’m guessing the states believe they don’t have the authority to regulate the sale of wood stoves on their own (which is weird, as several believe they can regulate guns unilaterally)

And they object to taxpayer money being used to subsidize new stoves that don’t actually solve the problem.

Wood stoves represent a heat source that can’t be regulated or shut off at a central office if your 2025 social credit score is too low or you’ve posted unsanctioned thoughts online.

They are also most likely used by rural customers, which vote the wrong way and should be punished.

Eventually wood burning will be illegal.

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out you get you.

— Anonymous

So wood smoke is OK as long as it isn't from Canadian wildfires? [rofl]

1688385387608.png

Could someone please explain this?
The state wants people to stop burning wood. While not coming straight out and saying it, they wish to accomplish it by having the EPA establish and enforce standards that will eliminate wood stoves.

This isn’t about efficiency or thermodynamics or CO2 emissions, it’s about particulate emissions.

I’m guessing the states believe they don’t have the authority to regulate the sale of wood stoves on their own (which is weird, as several believe they can regulate guns unilaterally)
Bless your heart.

The goal here is for the states to press for a set of grossly excessive standards in court and then have the EPA (which under Biden agrees with them but can't implement those rules on its own) agree to a court enforced settlement implementing said standards without having to go through the inconvenience of convincing any legislature to do so.

I ran a late 2000s EPA rated wood burner for several years. Once you got it going, there was no visible smoke at all. There is certainly no comparison to a wildfire.
This
With <20% moisture wood my stove runs with zero visible smoke and no wood fire smell because the reburn tubes take care of the volatile.
Yes there are higher particulate emissions than fossil fuels but requires no power to keep my home from freezing or 250 watts for the fan will keep the furthest room at 65 in the winter.
And that capacity to be independent when oil goes to $4.25/gallon and just burn standing dead from my property.

They want to put catalytic converters on wood stoves
The research I have done means this helps make a wood stove extremely efficient. It reclaims the heat and unburnt gasses and helps make the house heat up faster.

On the down side. You can't burn plastics or glossy paper. Because the catalytic converter is expensive.
Google regency triple burn or 3 stage burn

Bless your heart.

Er…. Screw you too?

This frequently means something like, “you naïve idiot” or something similarly unflattering. Was that your intention?

What exactly did I write that you object to?

Back
Top Bottom