Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

I am looking for more information on this activity. Recently bought a Remington 870 Express (I know its not fancy or high end) and would like to try participating. My only experience is during Fun Day. I am not experienced with shotguns or club rules on shotgun usage, so would like to be mentored in the topic. Maybe I can stop by today and watch.

I am looking for more information on this activity. Recently bought a Remington 870 Express (I know its not fancy or high end) and would like to try participating. My only experience is during Fun Day. I am not experienced with shotguns or club rules on shotgun usage, so would like to be mentored in the topic. Maybe I can stop by today and watch.

You're always welcome to come by Wednesday evening for trap (6pm) or Sunday morning for five stand (10am). If you're making a special trip for it, and the weather is iffy, like tonight, you can give the office a call (at the same times) first to make sure it hasn't been call off. It's usually on unless it's pretty bad out. 781-933-2138. I'd say bring your shotgun..you're going to want to shoot [grin] Billy and Jay, et al, are very helpful.

You're always welcome to come by Wednesday evening for trap (6pm) or Sunday morning for five stand (10am). If you're making a special trip for it, and the weather is iffy, like tonight, you can give the office a call (at the same times) first to make sure it hasn't been call off. It's usually on unless it's pretty bad out. 781-933-2138. I'd say bring your shotgun..you're going to want to shoot [grin] Billy and Jay, et al, are very helpful.

Thanks. I bought some shell boxes but it looks like the requirements call for steel only no larger then 7. Got to go check the boxes now :)

Primary indoor (Loeb) range is commonly at 50%-75% capacity during those times, but it's unusual that you can't find a lane. I've never seen more than 1-2 people on the outdoor pistol range. The .22LR gallery is booked for matches and junior team practices, but outside of practices there is rarely anyone up there. I don't bother with the outdoor rifle ranges, so I can't speak to how busy those get.

I love the McLaughlin range.

Does MRA prorate membership fees if you join mid-year?

- - - Updated - - -

Does MRA prorate membership fees if you join mid-year?

There is a lost and found bin on a shelf underneath and to the left of the sign in book. If there is something particularly valuable it is often turned in to the office which is open on Sun. mornings and Wed. evenings. I suggest you call first during "office hours" and see if anyone turned one in.

Good luck, I hope that your brother finds his wallet.

I think this might be a good club for us, one question though, about clubs in general.

Can you go to the club to shoot before or after work, and leave your firearms locked in your trunk while at work?

I know one issue is your workplace, but I’m more concerned about the Mass laws. My license is target/hunting restricted.

I think this might be a good club for us, one question though, about clubs in general.

Can you go to the club to shoot before or after work, and leave your firearms locked in your trunk while at work?

I know one issue is your workplace, but I’m more concerned about the Mass laws. My license is target/hunting restricted.

Currently, (remember: none of the proposed changes to the law have been enacted yet) a firearm may be left unattended in a vehicle provided it is unloaded and in a locked case or trunk in accordance with M.G.L. c. 140, Sec. 131C (also see Sec. 131C). A trigger lock is insufficient for these purposes.

Your employer may have its own rules about firearms on the premises and, while I'd take a look at your company's handbook (if they have one), I wouldn't necessarily recommend broaching the subject with the folks down in Human Resources.

I hope that this helps.

Currently, (remember: none of the proposed changes to the law have been enacted yet) a firearm may be left unattended in a vehicle provided it is unloaded and in a locked case or trunk in accordance with M.G.L. c. 140, Sec. 131C (also see Sec. 131C). A trigger lock is insufficient for these purposes.

Your employer may have its own rules about firearms on the premises and, while I'd take a look at your company's handbook (if they have one), I wouldn't necessarily recommend broaching the subject with the folks down in Human Resources.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks, but since mine is restricted to target/hunting, I can only put it in my car if I'm going shooting or hunting. I know you're allowed to stop along the way, so it's probably ok.

Yeah, I'm not gonna bring it up at work, and not so attached to my job that I'd be upset if they fired me over it. They need me more than I need them. :)

Back
Top Bottom