Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

I've seen nearly identical wording at multiple clubs, and I'd bet my membership that your interpretation is correct.

e.g. I can take Sam three times a year, Janet three times a year, Josephine three times a year, Eustice three times a year, but I can't take any of them four times a year.

The other club I'm a member of has a spouse/child exception, so I could take my daughter or wife as many times as I wanted, but they'd still be my guest and would have to follow all the guest rules. I thought MRA had a similar rule, but it's never come up for me so I've never confirmed it.

this is correct as far as I know

The other club I'm a member of has a spouse/child exception, so I could take my daughter or wife as many times as I wanted, but they'd still be my guest and would have to follow all the guest rules. I thought MRA had a similar rule, but it's never come up for me so I've never confirmed it.

From the range rules: "Members may bring their spouse or children an unlimited number of times as guests."

You may bring an individual person as a guest 3 times per year. You can also bring a different guest with you every time you come. As to family, you may bring family as often as you like. We have many members who bring their kids with them every time they come to the club. The club not only allows it, but encourages it.

From the range rules: "Members may bring their spouse or children an unlimited number of times as guests."

Last edited:
What needs to be done to be able to shoot a rifle outside and what are the yards at?

You need to pass the qualification for Mclaughlin (50 yards) & Summa (100/200 yards) before gain access. Pope (50 foots) is open to all member - restricted to .22 rifle only.

Ok, I have tons of tools and a truck that can haul junk away in. Last year we did lots of tree clean up so a chainsaw was helpful but also have a good gas power washer and such.

That's great!

Not sure how much brush has to be cleared after this winter, but I'm sure we'll have our work cut out for us.

Look forward to seeing you there, and thanks for bringing so much gear :)

You may bring an individual person as a guest 3 times per year. You can also bring a different guest with you every time you come. As to family, you may bring family as often as you like. We have many members who bring their kids with them every time they come to the club. The club not only allows it, but encourages it.

I understand the reason for the rule, I've been to Loeb Range twice during daylight hours and the range was packed. I only really get to MRA shoot maybe 5 times a year tops, and it's almost always after 10:00 PM. Usually only a few people there if any. Once in a while I bring someone from work. Two of the guys I've brought from work now have their LTC A. Usually I'm there with family, my wife, kids, wife's cousins and or kid's friends. Now I think of it, the last time I was there to shoot was October with my oldest daughter, her fiance and his mom. His mom had a great time, it was her first time and she did very well. My future son-in-law has been a few times, he loves it. He works in Burlington and is thinking of joining.

Hey guys,

I go to BJ's and I always drive by the place. I'm tempted to join. How busy does the place get after work around 19:00-20:00?

Primary indoor (Loeb) range is commonly at 50%-75% capacity during those times, but it's unusual that you can't find a lane. I've never seen more than 1-2 people on the outdoor pistol range. The .22LR gallery is booked for matches and junior team practices, but outside of practices there is rarely anyone up there. I don't bother with the outdoor rifle ranges, so I can't speak to how busy those get.

Primary indoor (Loeb) range is commonly at 50%-75% capacity during those times, but it's unusual that you can't find a lane. I've never seen more than 1-2 people on the outdoor pistol range. The .22LR gallery is booked for matches and junior team practices, but outside of practices there is rarely anyone up there. I don't bother with the outdoor rifle ranges, so I can't speak to how busy those get.

Good to know. Thank you!

I am night owl shooter there I go a little later sometimes 11 or 1130 and I have the whole place to myself

I'm catching zzzz's at those hours. However, I am an early riser.

I don't bother with the outdoor rifle ranges, so I can't speak to how busy those get.

Other than club events I often have the 100/200 or the 50 yard to myself. You need to be a member for 6 months and then do a separate qualification to use them so they definitely get less traffic. I do go at off times if I can though. Rarely is Sunday from 10am to noon on my list of times for the outdoor range visits. I was the only one at the entire club this morning until 1 guy showed up around 8am to shoot Loeb. The 50 yard range gets a little more activity on weekends as deer season approaches since it's the only place you can shoot slugs.

weather looks blah for tomorrow, I also have a leaf blower if that is still needed. Anyone know if tree removal is needed this year?

Back
Top Bottom