Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

FYI, this is coming up [grin]

The MRA’s Tenth Annual
“WOMEN’S INSTRUCTIONAL SHOOT”
Saturday June 1, 2013

If your a woman 21 or older and haven't shot in a while or if you've never shot before and want to find out what it is like to shoot a pistol, rifle or shotgun, or are just in the mood to try something safe, fun and different, this day is for you.

WHO: Any woman 21 or older interested in trying firearms for the first time or learning more about the shooting sports in a safe, friendly and low pressure environment.

WHAT: A day of safe fun. We'll start with brief classroom instruction in safe firearms handling followed by range demonstrations and coaching while you get to shoot airguns, pistols, rifles and a shotgun. All firearms and ammunition will be will be provided as well as lunch and a drawing for a free Basic Firearms Safety Course (a $150.00 value) from our State Police certified Instructors as well as other prizes. Discounts on membership will be available for those wishing to join the MRA. Space is limited and advance registration is required.

WHEN: Saturday June 1, 2013 from 8:00 am (mandatory safety briefing) through mid afternoon (to allow everyone a chance to try each event).

DEADLINE: All applications must be received no later than May 19, 2013.

COST: $35.00 per individual or bring a friend or family member and pay only $60.00 for the two of you. Fee will help defray cost of materials provided including ammunition, targets and lunch.

Space is limited in order to provide both the maximum amount of range time and appropriate coaching. Reservations will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to attend with a friend it is suggested that you submit your applications together.

Applications can be found at Massachusetts RIfle Association to the left column and click on “SAFETY CLASSES” then on “REGISTRATION FORM” print and check off “WIS” . The completed application and payment must be received by the MRA in advance to reserve your place at the event. Please include your tee shirt size.

A special thanks to Carl at Four Seasons Firearms of Woburn for helping to sponsor this event each year.

This is awesome!! Let me see if I can get my lady to go with a friend. Thanks for the advanced notice.

Made my first official trip into the range yesterday! Had a great time shooting on the pope range! Met a few great guys who were so friendly & helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi guys,

I'm a complete noob to MRA, and wanted to double check on some ammo regs with some members here. Are FMJ rounds allowed in the Loeb range? I have some 5.56 55g FMJ, which I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, but wanted to double check. Also, what about the Federal 'green tip' 5.56 (steel penetrator, but not full steel core)? Is this OK at MRA ranges?

Will double check with office at some point, but any feedback is appreciated.

(Loeb, Summa, McLaughlin Ranges)

5.56 55g FMJ = Yes
Federal XM855 5.56 (Green Tip) = Yes

Do people really go to the board of directors meetings? I see there is meeting Monday night. I like to know what is going on when I'm a member of a club, but not sure what the etiquette is.

Do people really go to the board of directors meetings? I see there is meeting Monday night. I like to know what is going on when I'm a member of a club, but not sure what the etiquette is.

Just show up, listen, ask queations. Nothing crazy formal, good people

Sent from my...... you dont care!

Members are encouraged to attend. Show up at 6 and get some free food.

Etiquette is just raise your hand if you have a question and you'll be recognized. Only the BOD can vote. But it's good to know what's going on in your club. You can present any ideas you have to the Board. Just be prepared, that's all that's asked.

For those looking for an overall good club with lots to offer.
The Massachusetts Rifle Association (MRA) - also known as "Walnut Hill" is the oldest active gun club in America. The club is loacated in Woburn, MA.

That's cool that it is the oldest in the nation. I'll have to check it out next time I'm driving through. I belong to Worcester Pistol & Rifle in West Boylston at the moment: another great club!

I got an eblast last night that Loeb was closed because of HVAC problems. The repair guy was supposed to be there this morning.

Does anyone know if its reopened tonight?

Don

I figured we would have had a follow up email if it was open. I really wanted to go tonight to try out my brand new PM9 but I'm not going to make the trip unless Loeb is open.

I went there at 9p and there were the yellow "Range Closed" signs propped up on a cardboard box and a chair in the cleaning room. I thought "Who left these signs here, they would make great targets..."

'

From Facebook:

Loeb Range update:

We have been informed from Bay State Air (our HVAC provider) that the fan and actuator motor replacements needed for the Loeb Range were ordered however we have not, as yet, been informed of their arrival and therefore when they will be installed. As a result, the range will be closed at least through Tuesday for repairs.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Happy Mother's Day.

Got this yesterday evening:

"The Loeb Range will remain closed through Thursday, May 16. Parts are on order and should be installed on Thursday. Another eblast will be sent as soon as the range is complete."

Glad its back open finally, kinda frustrated that Loeb is going to be closed again on Saturday for a Safety Course. I've had really limited time to be able to make it down there lately and all these closures aren't helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my test soon a little nervous i don't have the best reading skills. Hope its not to difficult learning dissabilitys dont go away with age

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

Got my test soon a little nervous i don't have the best reading skills. Hope its not to difficult learning dissabilitys dont go away with age

Calm down, re-read the rules, and make sure to read the questions on the test carefully. They aren't trying to trick you, just make sure you really did spend some time with the rule book. Some of the questions on the test can only be answered one way if you pay attention enough. One thing I did to be prepared was to hand write a list of each range, and what was allowed there. That helped drill it into my pea-brain.

Hello:

How is MRA's guest policy, I like to bring a friend with me when I go the range. My current club allows one free guest and up to five guest with a fee for every guest after the first. There is no limit to how often I can bring a guest.

You can bring multiple guests, but only one can be shooting at a time so you can supervise. You can also only bring any one person 3 times in a year. You can bring a spouse or your children as much as you want.

Back
Top Bottom