Massachusetts isn't THAT bad.....

Looking at this map ( below )
Massachusetts doesn't "look" as bad as "it seems".
I guess it depends on "where" you live in the "State" (?)

What I'd like to see from the red zones is the statistics from their issued/denied log
Such as AGES , GENDER, RACE, and Reason for denial ( Warrant, Criminal History, 209a, etc. )
Stats, the way Texas and a few other states has provided

I color-coded the map from the information posted here

maacni9.jpg

Opinions................

Nope, Massachusetts IS that bad because your 2nd amendment rights are still taken away from you - you still need permission from "the man" to own any firearm or even to own pepper spray.

Stuckinma you should make the same type of map using guns we can and can not buy to replace the cities and towns then re-evaluate how BAD it is.

Last edited:
The map is incomplete as well. For example, Winchendon is red, and I cannot tell how towns that are labeled bold black in the thread are coded on your map. I also suspect that many of the unknown towns are likely red.

Last edited:
you right it's not that bad...... it's f***ing retarded. you should not need to permit to own or even carry a gun its a RIGHT!!!!!!!. if these a**h***s in this state got the backing they would have a permit for freedom of speech. i'll give deval a license to go screw him self

Stuckinma: you're right... it's all about where you live. There's probably a lot more green in the map than we realize. Possibly the vast majority of the state is green. Unfortunately, as we all know, any town can change in a heartbeat with a new Chief...

From what I've heard from gun shops and other gun owners, the following towns should be green:
-Belchertown
-Barre
-Hardwick
-Petersham
-Great Barrington
-New Salem
-Pelham
-New Braintree
-Warren
-the Brookfields
-West Springfield

Springfield should be black.

I live in a green town and will be happy to continue to do so until we can move to The Free State.

Well, one can draw one conclusion from the fact that there seems to be much less red than there might be.

However, one can draw a completely different conclusion from the fact that the whole state isn't the same color.

The real problem with ch. 140, sec. 131 is that the Legislature, a bold group if ever there wasn't one, did not have the cajones to dictate what the policy of the Commonwealth should be, so it has left it up to 351 chiefs of police to make potentially 351 different policies, leaving a citizen to the vagary of his address to determine what license he may apply for and receive. Putting aside one's view on guns, this is still a pretty awful state of affairs.

Stuckinma: you're right... it's all about where you live. There's probably a lot more green in the map than we realize. Possibly the vast majority of the state is green. Unfortunately, as we all know, any town can change in a heartbeat with a new Chief...

From what I've heard from gun shops and other gun owners, the following towns should be green:
-Belchertown
-Barre
-Hardwick
-Petersham
-Great Barrington
-New Salem
-Pelham
-New Braintree
-Warren
-the Brookfields
-West Springfield

Springfield should be black.

I live in a green town and will be happy to continue to do so until we can move to The Free State.

I agree with all ( good and bad they see in m-ASS-a-choose-it )
the biggest "fear" is that any "Green" town can become "Red" very quickly with a changing of the "Chief"

Plus mASS treats its "LTC" holders worse than it treats the criminals it seems
Criminals gets court appointed attorneys, and then probation
LTC holders has to shell out Thou$ands of Dollar$ for attorney then get stripped of their RIGHTS

[angry]Don't think for a moment that the Commonwealth of MA, Patrick and his crew, don't want to chop away at the second amendment and gun owners' rights! They are moving in that direction! [angry]

Maybe it doesn't look bad to you, but it looks terrible to me.

Please also take into consideration that the areas that are red and black have many more residencies per square mile, and higher crime rates to boot. I think that alone makes it look downright evil. Hits us where we need it most...

What I'd like to see from the red zones is the statistics from their issued/denied log
Such as AGES , GENDER, RACE, and Reason for denial ( Warrant, Criminal History, 209a, etc. )
Stats, the way Texas and a few other states has provided

The big issue is a lack of uniformity in licensing, based on the real PROBLEM of the "discretionary power" granted to the CLEO of each fiefdom in the licensing of "suitable" subjects (Ever notice how the media refuses to refer to us as "Citizens"?)

Any reason of denial will never be given, any CLEO can deny a subject for any reason at all. They can also impose any other requirements they wish to impose upon us, be it club membership, a letter from a doctor stating you are mentally ill, letters of reference, ect, ect... [rolleyes] [thinking] [frown]

Well, problem with "red" is that it's not always a denial. A lot of
them are LTC-B rammers, or types that only hand out restricted-As,
etc. They're still "red" for that reason alone.

Another thing to keep in mind is statutory denials (eg, due to past
convictions etc, which make the applicant unable to get an LTC) don't
really count when it comes to determining friendliness as those denials
are (generally) absolute and have nothing to do with the towns in
question. (because those applicants would be denied in every
town, not just a red/black one).

The original assertion about MA is generally correct- of course only
if one is lucky enough by research or otherwise not to end up in one
of the shit yellow/red/black towns. Problem is, with a few exceptions,
these bad-for-RKBA towns are generally big ones with
higher crime rates, etc. [angry]

The only saving grace in this state is that if you live outside of the
128 loop your odds of hitting a green town increase dramatically.

In the grand scheme of things though, even those of us in a green
town will be constantly vulnerable. All it takes is your current
chief getting axed and an anti taking his place; and that can happen
in an instant, for a variety of reasons. Unless the local politics are
hardcore pro-gun, there are virtually no guarantees that any given
green town will not flip to red.

The only way this madness will ever be stopped is if the law is changed
to at least deny chiefs any discretionary power/authority on
licenses, outside of pure statutory disqualification coming into play.

-Mike

Another thing to keep in mind is statutory denials (eg, due to past
convictions etc, which make the applicant unable to get an LTC) don't
really count when it comes to determining friendliness as those denials
are (generally) absolute and have nothing to do with the towns in
question. (because those applicants would be denied in every
town, not just a red/black one).

I know the answer is probably no (after reading horror stories from MA residents on this forum). But could that be the reason why these towns are red? Look at the places in question: Boston, Lawrence, Worcester. Not exactly low-crime sanctuaries are they? I'm wondering if the awful crime rate in those towns causes a high default denial? Mainly because a large portion of the good citizens applying for licenses are themselves ex-cons. Would a honest, law abiding citizen also fair poorly in those towns?

I know the answer is probably no (after reading horror stories from MA residents on this forum). But could that be the reason why these towns are red? Look at the places in question: Boston, Lawrence, Worcester. Not exactly low-crime sanctuaries are they? I'm wondering if the awful crime rate in those towns causes a high default denial? Mainly because a large portion of the good citizens applying for licenses are themselves ex-cons. Would a honest, law abiding citizen also fair poorly in those towns?

Most of the feedback on red/yellow/etc is from law abiding citizens
that attempt to get licenses, not ex-cons. Boston being red,
for example, is because the admin there is heavily anti gun, and has
very little to do with the high crime rate of the locality.

I'm sure there are idiots everywhere- eg, convicted felons that try to apply for an
LTC, but that's probably the minority. Most know that up front they have
to be squeaky clean going in.

-Mike

It seems that red centers in the higher population areas... hmm...

I see his point: right now MA isn't that bad except for the boston area mostly. The danger is the potential for that all to change based on the whims of a few people who really have no business denying any rights. It would be nice to see a court case come up similar to the DC case on denial of self-protection rights in one of those boston-area towns.

Back
Top Bottom