• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts a model for dealing with gun violence

One of the keys to success in MA must be allowing 92% of handgun owners to carry them in public.

Easily done when those owning/carrying are only a very small fraction of the population.

Has more to do with lack of guns and brainwashed sheeple.

What a great article about guns from someone who doesn't have any. Love how they mention New Hampshire but fail to mention that NH has a lower per-capita gun murder rate than MA, despite having basically no restrictions. It's almost like gun homicide rates don't correlate with laws and do correlate with demographic differences.

I really like how they mention an LTC can be obtained in 4 to 6 weeks. They don't appear to have talked with any actual gun owners.
Honestly, put my renewal in end of April got it after am phone call to the PD and said " oh yea its ready ill send it out'. The end of September..

Oh gosh the stupid in him was striking. Just striking.

NH had a lower violent crime rate, gun rate and murder rate than MA. With this "lax" gun purchase system. How can that be????

Years ago, my aunt told me about some "Catholic community" in FL that she wanted to move to. Super strict. No sinning. (Stop laughing - she was serious!). Yada yada. Asked if I wanted to go. "Ummm, no Ging. I'll pass. If you want to subject yourself to that, go ahead. I'll stay here in free America."

The gun blubberers should make their own community inside of a state - Mass even. We could probably build this somewhere in the 413. No guns. No hint of guns. Crime would be extra-illegal. Problem solved. People safe. You-topia!!!! LOL

VOX!!! [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Notice how when mentioning NH's weak gun laws, they did not mention their low violent crime rate.

Aaaaand of course they're using CDC data, which doesn't account suicides and legal homicides.

"As David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, put it, “All other things equal, [places] where there’s strong laws and with few guns do much better than places where there’s weak laws and lots of guns.”" <----not true a**h***!!

I didn't bother to read it, but did they mention that MA courts like to throw the book at the smallest infraction by a legal gun owner and burden them with a conviction for life while they let the criminals plead away all their gun charges and walk with a misdemeanor on jaywalking or some other meaningless, punishment-free charge?

Having just heard Jim Wallace GOAL on NRA New last week about the increasing firearms homicide rate in MA, I'm a little miffed with this article...

The opener where it said that buying a gun in NH was easier than getting a drivers license....and then said all you have to do is show ID and pass a background check. Lol.

Well, to be fair....most of our gunshops aren’t just open from 8-4, M-F.

The simple fact that you can buy a gun without using PTO kinda does make it easier than doing anything at the DMV

The opener where it said that buying a gun in NH was easier than getting a drivers license....and then said all you have to do is show ID and pass a background check. Lol.

They forgot the fact that the NH NICS poc sucks so bad that even with all the paperwork an NH resident will often be delayed administratively over an hour or more.... at least when buying a handgun.

-Mike

"Applicants also have to take a gun safety course, which teaches safe storage and handling of a firearm but does not involve live firing."

Is every part of that article wrong, or just my imagination? Whatever happened to real journalism?

Too be fair, you need to pass a written and road test to get a drivers license. But there is no mention of vehicles and their uses aren’t mentioned in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

I’d like to dump the author out of an Uber on southern Melnea Cass Boulevard and have him report back.

That's a terrible area. Drive through it every day. More junkies per square foot than anywhere else I've ever seen first hand. It's like a god damn convention center in the summer. One of the many reasons I got my LTC. That being said, I'd be more worried about getting stabbed than shot there. Luckily, I've never had to go on foot around those parts.

"Applicants also have to take a gun safety course, which teaches safe storage and handling of a firearm but does not involve live firing."

Is every part of that article wrong, or just my imagination? Whatever happened to real journalism?

What’s wrong with what you quoted?

A lot of courses offer or include live fire, but when I did mine the state didn’t require it.

It's the culture, stupid, not the guns! I have cousins in Switzerland with a real assault rifle in their house, along with millions of other people, and the only crime in the country is committed by immigrants from the Middle East, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom