Massachusets is a Constitutional Carry State for residents only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental Masturbation. He defines CCS (constitutional carry state) as not requiring a carry permit to carry the gun you lawfully possess. Because you need the LTC to lawfully possess, you do not need an ADDITIONAL permit to carry so by his magical definition MA is a CCS.

The definition has no practical usefulness and the conclusion he draws about MA proves the definition is flawed.

Mental Masturbation. He defines CCS (constitutional carry state) as not requiring a carry permit to carry the gun you lawfully possess. Because you need the LTC to lawfully possess, you do not need an ADDITIONAL permit to carry so by his magical definition MA is a CCS.

The definition has no practical usefulness and the conclusion he draws about MA proves the definition is flawed.
There's some pretty convoluted logic in that post.
Then why is Nebraska considered a CCS?

Then why is Nebraska considered a CCS?
Because you can carry without a permit. This is pretty self explanatory. If you live in MA and don't get a MA LTC or don't live in MA and don't get a non resident LTC you can't carry here. The Nebraska law you cited is for purchase. It has zero to do with carry.

Because you can carry without a permit. This is pretty self explanatory. If you live in MA and don't get a MA LTC or don't live in MA and don't get a non resident LTC you can't carry here. The Nebraska law you cited is for purchase. It has zero to do with carry.
Q: As a Nebraska resident, how do you lawfully acquire a handgun?
A: With a Handgun Purchase Permit

Q: As a Nebraska resident, once you acquire that handgun do you need a separate license to carry it?
A: No

Q: As a Massachusetts resident, how do you lawfully acquire a handgun?
A: With an LTC

Q: As a Massachusetts resident, once you acquire that handgun do you need a separate license to carry it?

Q: As a Nebraska resident, once you acquire that handgun do you need a separate license to carry it?

Q: As a Massachusetts resident, once you acquire that handgun do you need a separate license to carry it?
Let's take this at face value. If I move to Nebraska I don't need a permit or permission to acquire a gun. I lawfully possess it and I can carry it. In MA if you move to MA with your guns, you must apply for a permit. If you do not, you are a felon. You can keep the gun in your house for 60 or 90 days as long as you APPLY for your permit. So you lawfully possess it but you can definitely NOT carry it.

In Nebraska if I drive through RIGHT NOW, I can lawfully carry my gun. If someone without a MA LTC tries that in MA they can kiss their freedom goodbye.

Again, your point is pointless. You are making up a definition that has no practical use. Mental Masturbation. Like all masturbation it is best done in private.

You're going out of your way to argue and gain attention. Constitutional Carry as the general public knows it is meant to apply to all US Citizens. If NH has Constitutional Carry then that means that anyone from all the other states who has legal aquired a firearm can carry it in NH. No one from outside of MA except the people with insane patience who get a non resident LTC (Which will be going away with the new bill) can carry in MA. Your permit to carry in MA is not the Constitution.

If I move to Nebraska I don't need a permit or permission to acquire a gun. I lawfully possess it and I can carry it. In MA if you move to MA with your guns, you must apply for a permit. If you do not, you are a felon. You can keep the gun in your house for 60 or 90 days as long as you APPLY for your permit. So you lawfully possess it but you can definitely NOT carry it.
Part of the generally accepted definition of a CCS is that you must be able to legally possess the firearm in the state. Your analysis doesn't alter my conclusion because the MA LTC acts as a possession permit.

In Nebraska if I drive through RIGHT NOW, I can lawfully carry my gun. If someone without a MA LTC tries that in MA they can kiss their freedom goodbye.
Constitutional Carry as the general public knows it is meant to apply to all US Citizens. If NH has Constitutional Carry then that means that anyone from all the other states who has legal aquired a firearm can carry it in NH.
I literally said in the qualifier it is "residents only" and gave the North Dakota example. Maybe you should actually read my post first before commenting!

In MA, what does LTC stand for?
Not relevant. It could stand for "Licking Titty Cream." What matters is the legal function of the permit which is required for the legal possession of a handgun.

Bit ironic for you to try to play the "name game" on a Pro-2A sub when we have to deal with idiots using terms like "assault weapons" and "ghost guns." Please act with a higher IQ on here. Don't stoop to their level.

Part of the generally accepted definition of a CCS is that you must be able to legally possess the firearm in the state. Your analysis doesn't alter my conclusion because the MA LTC acts as a possession permit.

I literally said in the qualifier it is "residents only" and gave the North Dakota example. Maybe you should actually read my post first before commenting!
Your point is still pointless.

There is a simple edge case you are ignoring that blows your argument out of the water and I mentioned it already. It is lawful to possess guns when you first move to the state as long as you apply for your LTC within 60 to 90 days (edge case so I never remember the exact number). During that time, your guns locked up in your home are lawfully possessed. YOU CANNOT CARRY THEM. You need to receive your LTC to carry them.

And there ends your analysis failing by your own logic of what CCS means.

Another edge case is the exemption of under supervision of another LTC holder. I can possess a handgun while under the supervision of another LTC holder w/o having a LTC. But I cannot CARRY that handgun. So I can be at the range and shoot it. But I cannot not have it in a holster at my side in a car driving while under the supervision of another LTC holder in the car. I can possess lawfully, but not carry.

Shall I continue? I think not. I am done.

Your point is still pointless.

There is a simple edge case you are ignoring that blows your argument out of the water and I mentioned it already. It is lawful to possess guns when you first move to the state as long as you apply for your LTC within 60 to 90 days (edge case so I never remember the exact number). During that time, your guns locked up in your home are lawfully possessed. YOU CANNOT CARRY THEM. You need to receive your LTC to carry them.

And there ends your analysis failing by your own logic of what CCS means.

Another edge case is the exemption of under supervision of another LTC holder. I can possess a handgun while under the supervision of another LTC holder w/o having a LTC. But I cannot CARRY that handgun. So I can be at the range and shoot it. But I cannot not have it in a holster at my side in a car driving while under the supervision of another LTC holder in the car. I can possess lawfully, but not carry.

Shall I continue? I think not. I am done.
I can understand why your name is "Crackpot." What part of lawful possession do you not understand?!?!?!?! During that 60-90 day time period, you are in lawful possession but afterward you have to get your LTC or you will be in UNLAWFUL possession.

This is not that hard folks!

I wonder if this applies only to Sovereign Citizens 🤔

Do you actually have a job or do you just rouse the rabble on various internet forums (and at real life protests and events apparently) all day? You should use the time to go to law school and learn how all this stuff actually works. I hear the world needs more lawyers.

I think OP is hoping for as much as a welcoming he received during the hearing when he went on the rant as the "Michigan man" ..that didn't last long and subsequent posts have not proved as fruitful for him either.
Good luck to you OP.

I can understand why your name is "Crackpot." What part of lawful possession do you not understand?!?!?!?! During that 60-90 day time period, you are in lawful possession but afterward you have to get your LTC or you will be in UNLAWFUL possession.

This is not that hard folks!
Didn't I tell you to STFU?

Oh, nevermind... I will find the ignore the immature choad feature.

So, with what you are saying. I get my LtC. I purchase my pistol. My LtC expires. I am still legally allow to possess and carry that pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom