• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Sales Tax Holiday 2018 Purchases - pics!

Bathroom remodeling supplies. Cabinets, vanity, toilet, sink, faucets, shower base, shower doors and fixtures, floor and wall tile, etc...

Generator...which I look at as a guarantee that I will never lose power again. We've had multiple day outages one too many times when the snow starts flying.

Had one scoped out that was an "Internet Only" item at Home Depot. Tried to buy it online and was told that particular one could not be shipped to MA...WTF ??? So, shifted gears and got a slightly bigger one with all the same features which *could* be shipped to MA.

Please refer to my post in another thread..."everything is illegal in MA" ;-)

Bought the wife a new phone and pre ordered the note 9.

Question.
So I pre ordered the note 9, put it on my credit card, and the entire purchase amount is on my account, it's still pending. But it's there, the credit card company even called to verify that it was me making the purchase.
Will samsung still charge me the tax? It wasn't included, however I believe they add it once it ships.

I tried doing this at best buy, but I was unable to purchase it right then and there, they just reserve it for you and you pay for it once it comes in. So I would have to pay the taxes.

But from samsung, the entire amount was charged yesterday.

Not sure, but my wife and I also bought new phones. We went to Target and at target, if you got a new phone they gave you a $100 gift card. Shee went through the whole process and they tried to tax it. We showed them where on a website, cell phones were tax free. They over road the tax on her phone, but refused to do it on my phone. So I went to Best Buy and it was all tax free.

Back
Top Bottom