• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Sales Tax Holiday 2018 Purchases - pics!

Well apparently it is official, the Governor has signed the bill. I don't know what, or how much other BS is riding along with it but it is signed. Took long enough!!

About 12-15 customers at four seasons this morning. 9mm range Ammo 8.99 per box cheaper than target sports!

More pics!

20180811_093749.jpg

Wife wanted a new couch. So she got one. Then she took the kids school clothes shopping and told me to enjoy the afternoon.

It was 3PM. 2 of the 3 gun shops I stopped at were closed!!! And aren’t open tomorrow. WTF.
And the one that was open didn’t have anything I really wanted and didn’t have any good sales going on.

So I went home, drank some beer and enjoyed the quite.

And grabagun doesn’t support your LGS.

I am....my closest LGS only does transfers and gunsmithing now...so i am supporting that.

Also, you can say no tax and no transfer fee, I still saved money. I called the other closest gun shop that does sell guns, and got quotes on both guns I just bought, both guns averaged 125 dollars over online price EACH. Therefore I saved 250 dollars on the 2 guns, yes, I had to pay 40 dollars in transfer fees. Net savings of 210 dollars, a 5 minute drive, and no tax. I don't think saving 210 bucks is being a skinflint.....if I did it for 25 bucks then that's different. I just don't have any decent priced gun shops around me......

Did make use of the tax free day, building an 8x10 deck for my MIL...$1500 for the supplies and it paid for the delivery fee, so I was just able to buy everything online at Home Depot and not even go to the store, or load shit in and out of my truck, etc. I gotta admit that was nice for once.

Was too busy this week to pre-buy and couldn't get away today to get to a shop. Everything's closed tomorrow. :(

Call. I know Collectors in Stoneham has special hours tomorrow. Other LGS are probably taking advantage of the holiday too.

I bought nothing.

Wife had me go with her to Cheap Trick, Def Leppard and Journey yesterday at Fenway, so after our normal domestic weeked stuff, we had no time, AND I am on the way to the Airport now to fly to Dallas to plug in a USB cable for a customer who can't follow directions.

Did make use of the tax free day, building an 8x10 deck for my MIL...$1500 for the supplies and it paid for the delivery fee, so I was just able to buy everything online at Home Depot and not even go to the store, or load shit in and out of my truck, etc. I gotta admit that was nice for once.

Good idea... I need to replace my front door and storm doors as well as shutters. Heading to home improvement store now.

Jeez, and all I bought was a new Stanley torpedo level to replace the one I lost a few weeks ago and some apple wood for smokin' ribs today..MMmm.;)

Not a damn thing. Moving so saving coin for a sec deposit. It is a no fun league over here.

I have been eye balling some furniture for the new place. Depends on space I get.

Don'tpanic,
I would love to take my DR650 Slowmoto to a track day!
A pic of my bike and my son at 4 years old when we got him.
He is my proudest moment, the day I signed his adoption paperwork!
Love you always, Alexi, Your dad Pete!
I pray everyday to be half the father you need me to be!

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Haven't picked it up yet, but bought a Springfield XDE from FS. Got an additional 2% off for paying cash. If I don't like it, you'll see it in the classifieds here in a few weeks.

A new Samsung 65" 4k TV. Arriving tomorrow. Our 9 year old 60" Mitz DLP was supposed to be an temporary space holder to eventually be moved to the guest room but performed well enough (just had to replace a lamp every 2 or 3 years) but its technology has long since been surpassed.

BTW...two hours after I got home from making the purchase yesterday morning I was online checking measurements for wall mounting and both Best Buy and Amazon had jacked the price a hundred bucks. So much for saving money on "tax free weekend". Got mine though. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom