Mass resident buying from Cabela's?

Off topic, but related question. Has anyone been to Cabela's in Hartford? Is it any good? Worth the 2 hour trip?

I like the store, they have a good stock there.

I have also called to see if they had something I wanted a few times and they took the time to find it for me. Than they even held it for me at the front counter, I'm glad they did because one item was on sale and by the time I got down there (about 1 1/2 hour later) they were sold out of everyone they had in the store.

I'm going to be blunt - don't take offense, please, as this is a general statement regarding my observations over the past few years.

If someone doesn't know something about MA law and posts an answer to someone's legal question, and that person runs off and does something illegal unknowingly before someone can correct the errant information, and that person gets in deep s*** for it... is it really worth it? If you don't know, sit back and let someone else answer. Some of the most legally-informed persons here, like jdubois, drgrant, etc... they know these laws like the back of their hands and they still sometimes miss something. I've seen a lot of posts where persons posted responses (not maliciously, just out of ignorance) that could have easily landed the OP in prison for a long, long time. If you're sure of your answer, then by all means, go ahead. If you're not sure, do a search or ask someone.

Vellnueve I have no idea who you are, but, I do no you like to rant about things I post most times.

If you had spent the time to read my posts you would have read that I stated what I was saying was told to me by the workers at the CT Cablea's store. Yes I did not know that you had to fill out a FA-10 for an out of state buy, now I do, and I clearly state that. I also show the thread on the gun cut off year. I will not state that "I no this to be law so follow what I say", I did not say that in any of my posts. Yes I agree there are a handfull of people on this forum that no MASS law in and out, and they can answer if they want (and I hope they do). I can say I don't see you answering any question untill well after the tread is started and when you do it's something like "ya no ganade laucher". I put this to you, you seem to no the laws how about answering the questions in full and direct.

As far as trashing me you can spend your time better trying to answer the thread instead of trying to make me look bad. If I can help someone I will! I do not no all the Mass laws and have never said I do, I will answer someone with what I know or if I was told something by the store workers I will pass on what they said, if it is wrong it was not that I was wrong, they were.

So Vellnueve in closing how about trying to help people hear on this great forum instead of putting them down all the time. I remember asking a question once and you keep saying "well if you would spend the time trying to search for it", oh wait kind of like you just said to me again (of which I did and posted it in this thread). If you are so up on everything try helping them out instead of telling them to "go search for it" !

As I said we need to help each other out, if we start fighting amounst ourselfs it's just making it easyer for the antigunners to hurt us.

David

Back
Top Bottom